What's your worst injury experience?

Edited Date/Time 12/12/2013 10:06pm
This topic can be really be "ouchy"....
|
peelout
7/14/2011 3:38pm
lost 100% vision in my right eye for 4 months. worst experience i've ever had. never realized how much i took eye protection for granted until i lost the vision. it was my dominant eye so i had zero depth perception the entire time. hell, i used to spill more beer on myself than get in my mouth. it was horrible.
bigdan1967
7/14/2011 3:40pm
Broken wrist is the worst for me, surgery and pinned 14 days after it happened. I was riding again in less then 2 months.
72kiteboarder
7/14/2011 3:43pm
Fractured coccyx. Cannot sit or walk without hurting. Took 9 months for it to become bearable.
72kiteboarder
7/14/2011 3:45pm
bigdan1967 wrote:
Broken wrist is the worst for me, surgery and pinned 14 days after it happened. I was riding again in less then 2 months.
I got one of those too:

The Shop

Ddavis
7/14/2011 3:47pm
Broke both my ankles/dislocated my left ankle, didn't crash. Rode back to the truck, local EMT popped my ankle back into place, they carried me into the back of the truck. Drove 2 hours back to my hometown, went to the hospital, got token into surgery right away and the doctor said I didn't have enough blood flow so they had to cut my foot off and my dad said "Screw that there has to be another solution" and they ended up not taking it off. I got transferred to another hospital or two and eventually had an external fixator put on. I had that for a few weeks before I had another surgery and had a plate/screws put into my ankle. I still have the metal in my ankle. One of the worst parts was sitting on my bed for weeks, I couldn't get up by myself to get into my wheelchair and into the bathroom since it was so small so I had to poop into a little portable toilet that I sat on in my bed, the smell and everything was horrible along with my ankles, definitely some of the worse months of my life.

twister
7/14/2011 3:48pm
Introduced my hand to a tablesaw blade.Cut half my pinky off and damaged 3 other fingers.
72kiteboarder
7/14/2011 3:50pm
Torco1 wrote:
[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/21/8c4e4336-5c6b-453b-ada6-64108c813baa.gif[/img]
That is AWESOME!
7/15/2011 6:06am
bigdan1967 wrote:
I got one of those too: [IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/72kiteboarder/Rightwrist.jpg[/IMG]
I got one of those too:
Ouch!
7/15/2011 7:32am
spiral fracture of both tib and fib - then the French authorities had to unscrew and re-align them without medication due to risk of laceration of main veins during the 1 hour transit to the local hospital. NOT a pleasant experience but 1 I will never forget none the less.
Suns_PSD
7/15/2011 8:45am
All of them.

Lost all my skin on a streetbike while drinking, at night, speeding, w/ no shirt on.

Broke my back last October.

Broke both scapulas.
Broken clavicle (2x). 1 surgery
Broke both hands, 1 required surgery.
Blown out knee.
Broke both feet. One 2x.
Ribs, teeth, nose all multiple times.
Tail bone.

Broke my wrist 4 times while roadracing. It gives me trouble everyday of my life and has turned out to be my worst injury of all.

That's a small list of my injuries. My complete list would make Evel Kneivel blush.
70sSuperstar
7/15/2011 9:44am
first i consider my fortunate, in about forty years on bikes, the one that hurt the worst was in 1991, endo in 3' deep whoops was 3 ribs and broken pelvis. it hurt longer than any acl, pcl, broke ankle, broke knees, achillies tendon, broke arm... if it wasnt for accupunture & narcotics my racing and riding days would be over.
trb989
7/15/2011 10:26am
Broke my right upper arm few years ago, just below the shoulder joint.

fix'd (plates and screws hanging there still today)

knobby101
7/15/2011 10:40am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2011 11:00am
1982 Richie Canyon... Jeff Conlin, and a un-named grand national rider,(UNGNR) and my self we doing sprints, on one of our runs we came up on "UNGNR" who had been just doing laps, jeff and i both passed him coming into and sweeping left hander, I can't remember if i was leading or Conlin, but, I lost the front end and went down, as soon as i hit the ground, UNGNR plow's into my extented left arm , snaping the humorus in half.. when everything had settlied, i was laying on my back with my left hand on my right shoulder crossed over from behind!!!!

Craze ( David Hayes) was there and i think he was the first to me, Someone pulled my arm back into place and Craze went and got his Toyota hatchback and they loaded me into the back.. if you ever been to Richie Canyon you know the roads were a mess there most of the time... i remember this so clearly, it was the most possible pain and I was screaming...So, my frineds gave me a couple of shots of I think bacardi and stuffed a big fat joint in my mouth and Craze started driving... i think i passed out a couple of times on the way out..

it's not over, there was some discontent with the UNGNR, because he had been drinking that day... and was a known drunk in our circle.. anyways, my girlfriend at he time said some choice words to him, he told his wife, she got him all hot and bothered and on the day that i started riding again, i just had returned from riding, I;m cleaing out my truck, and he comes up from behind and grabs my still not completely healed arm and yanks it and rebreaks it...I was so pissed, i stuffed my hand into my pants and punched the shit out of him and if that wasn't enough, my mom came running out of the house and kicked him right in the balls... he must have been really drunk because it took over a minite for him the grab his groin and double over in pain!...

The arm never healed straight, it's got a funny curb to it now...

Over the years...

broken back... play riding, hit a tree stump

broken neck... National hare and hound

wrist.... play riding

couple of colar bones... racing and play riding

ankle... play riding

toe...play riding

dislocated hip.. racing

3 concusions... riding, racing, riding

Dislocated the right thumd once, and i have dislocated my left thumb.. to many times to count... all from play riding!
knobby101
7/15/2011 10:54am
trb989 wrote:
Broke my right upper arm few years ago, just below the shoulder joint. [IMG]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9001/20022025.jpg[/IMG] fix'd (plates and screws hanging there still today) [IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2042/18992025.jpg[/IMG]
Broke my right upper arm few years ago, just below the shoulder joint.

fix'd (plates and screws hanging there still today)

Did you break the collar bone too?
7/15/2011 2:17pm
Suns_PSD wrote:
All of them. Lost all my skin on a streetbike while drinking, at night, speeding, w/ no shirt on. Broke my back last October. Broke both...
All of them.

Lost all my skin on a streetbike while drinking, at night, speeding, w/ no shirt on.

Broke my back last October.

Broke both scapulas.
Broken clavicle (2x). 1 surgery
Broke both hands, 1 required surgery.
Blown out knee.
Broke both feet. One 2x.
Ribs, teeth, nose all multiple times.
Tail bone.

Broke my wrist 4 times while roadracing. It gives me trouble everyday of my life and has turned out to be my worst injury of all.

That's a small list of my injuries. My complete list would make Evel Kneivel blush.
Terrible! and you still managed to get back on the road.. tough!
7/15/2011 2:18pm
Because I am new, I only got a broken index finger for my first injury...
Switch
7/15/2011 2:37pm
Worste was compound broken arms and (de-skinned) my chin to the bone by flipping a bicycle on pavement 1 week before Lorettas. Most painful was last concussion (of 5), left me with a migrane for 2 months. Those things are no joke.. life sucks when your head hurts all the time.
mxr102
7/15/2011 7:32pm
Ouch!!!! I would say mine was a broken left femur a couple years ago.
ridge
7/15/2011 9:32pm
I love these threads...makes me feel like a winner.

ridge
7/15/2011 9:38pm
Ddavis wrote:
Broke both my ankles/dislocated my left ankle, didn't crash. Rode back to the truck, local EMT popped my ankle back into place, they carried me into...
Broke both my ankles/dislocated my left ankle, didn't crash. Rode back to the truck, local EMT popped my ankle back into place, they carried me into the back of the truck. Drove 2 hours back to my hometown, went to the hospital, got token into surgery right away and the doctor said I didn't have enough blood flow so they had to cut my foot off and my dad said "Screw that there has to be another solution" and they ended up not taking it off. I got transferred to another hospital or two and eventually had an external fixator put on. I had that for a few weeks before I had another surgery and had a plate/screws put into my ankle. I still have the metal in my ankle. One of the worst parts was sitting on my bed for weeks, I couldn't get up by myself to get into my wheelchair and into the bathroom since it was so small so I had to poop into a little portable toilet that I sat on in my bed, the smell and everything was horrible along with my ankles, definitely some of the worse months of my life.

Raise you a few more screws!

Which comes from breaking bones after they've already been fixed before. Smile

YZKEN250
7/15/2011 10:16pm
Broke my tib and fib and shattered my ankle. 3 surgerys and the Dr. who didthe 2nd surgery removed bone and did a shitty patch job. Walked on it and it fell apart. No other option but to add cadaver bone and synthetic bone and fuse it. This happpend in June of 2000 and I havent riden since. Was self employed carpenter and out of work for 9 months. Hurts like hell everyday. Got hooked on Norcos and quit cold turkey over a year ago.
Ddavis
7/15/2011 11:41pm
ridge wrote:
I love these threads...makes me feel like a winner. [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/EMIEVEL/WARNING-injuries-WARNING/a71e9a06.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/EMIEVEL/WARNING-injuries-WARNING/7bf27b32.jpg[/IMG]

Tasty

You're a hero.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/15/2011 11:50pm
ridge wrote:
I love these threads...makes me feel like a winner. [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/EMIEVEL/WARNING-injuries-WARNING/a71e9a06.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/EMIEVEL/WARNING-injuries-WARNING/7bf27b32.jpg[/IMG]

Oh sure, go and bust out the big guns... Show off. Wink
Jake-247
7/16/2011 1:29am
Broken right femur and dislocated right hip. Never got given the original X-rays for some reason, I want them so bad!

Ridge, compared to yours I feel like I only stubbed my toe!
zghosty
Fantasy
439th
7/16/2011 4:30am
landed on. had a non union scaphoid fracture for a year and didnt know it. 2 doctors said it there was to much bone fragment from earlier brakes. year later another doc says surgery NOW haha or lose the thumb

Post a reply to: What's your worst injury experience?

The Latest