What’s your take on this shock?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2018 3:11 PM

This is off of my RMZ450. I’m trying to determine if this is actually “kit” material. What brought this to my attention was when I brought the shock to the shop to have a new bump stop installed, the normal bump stops he keeps in stock for the 16mm shafts did not fit on this shaft. The measurement I got was a diameter of 18.53mm. I’d also like to note that this bike belonged to Teddy Parks at one time. The suspension was set up for Supercross when I got it. Only things I could find was a number 20 and the letter “N” stamped on the bottom. What’s your guys thoughts? Is this possibly an A kit shock?Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/28/2018 4:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 4:22 PM

Obviously its not standard.
I dont know what level it is but that plate with the angled holes is interesting...
Where did that sit?

Hope someone more knowledgable can offer some insight..

|

2/28/2018 4:23 PM

That's bloody shocking mate.

Photo

|

2/28/2018 5:26 PM

Race Tech sells 19mm shock shaft kits for Supercross/Arenacross.

http://racetech.com/page/id/149

|

2/28/2018 5:35 PM

Copper vise jaws...nice. Got me a set on the way. Hope Kevin is doing well, damn string of bad luck his way over the past year. Good looking shock too by the way!

|

2/28/2018 5:41 PM

newmann wrote:

Copper vise jaws...nice. Got me a set on the way. Hope Kevin is doing well, damn string of bad luck his way over the past year. Good looking shock too by the way!

It’s a great looking shock! And yes, Phillip Hunt introduced me to the soft jaw set up. Lol
I went to Kevin’s the other day. Gave him a flatscreen monitor so he can have eyes on his back while doing shock work. Damn shame right?

|

2/28/2018 5:42 PM

MXVet261 wrote:

Race Tech sells 19mm shock shaft kits for Supercross/Arenacross.

http://racetech.com/page/id/149

I called Race Tech today. This isn’t their product.

|

2/28/2018 6:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 7:22 PM

FCMX wrote:

This is off of my RMZ450. I’m trying to determine if this is actually “kit” material. What brought this to my attention was when I brought the shock to the shop to have a new bump stop installed, the normal bump stops he keeps in stock for the 16mm shafts did not fit on this shaft. The measurement I got was a diameter of 18.53mm. I’d also like to note that this bike belonged to Teddy Parks at one time. The suspension was set up for Supercross when I got it. Only things I could find was a number 20 and the letter “N” stamped on the bottom. What’s your guys thoughts? Is this possibly an A kit shock?Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

It's basically a B-kit shock.

That's the stock RM-Z450 body that's been anodized black and a gold titanium nitride shaft, and some internal part swaps. The stock RM-Z450s had 18mm shafts and the larger diameter adjuster of an A-kit shock. The adjuster is a little different however, and that definitely has the stock adjuster in it. An A-kit body has a different taper and size to the reservoir area of the shock.

|

2/28/2018 6:25 PM

FCMX wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

ML512 wrote:

That's the stock RM-Z450 body that's been anodized black and a gold titanium nitride shaft, and some internal part swaps. The stock RM-Z450s had 18mm shafts and the larger diameter adjuster of an A-kit shock. The adjuster is a little different however, and that definitely has the stock adjuster in it. An A-kit body has a different taper and size to the reservoir area of the shock.

Thanks bud, that’s the answers I was looking for!

|

2/28/2018 6:33 PM

newmann wrote:

FCMX wrote:

It’s a great looking shock! And yes, Phillip Hunt introduced me to the soft jaw set up. Lol
I went to Kevin’s the other day. Gave him a flatscreen monitor so he can have eyes on his back while doing shock work. Damn shame right?

Phillip? Seems we know all the same people.

|

2/28/2018 6:49 PM

newmann wrote:

FCMX wrote:

newmann wrote:

Phillip? Seems we know all the same people.

We do indeed sircool

|

2/28/2018 10:13 PM

ML512 wrote:

Impressive detective work.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

Usage: Slang