What's your racing style?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2019 2:19 PM

This is for horses but amusing from a dirt bike racer perspective. I would say I'm a deep closer....minus the actual closing. I need a description for someone who starts last then charges to mid pack!

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

4/25/2019 5:32 PM

None the above!
I’m the blind squirrel technique——most of the time I’m just stumbling around looking awkward BUT every now and again I find a nut ( race win and look good doing it!??)

|

4/25/2019 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2019 3:59 AM

I'm.....

The Bench Racer.
Bench racers sit their fat lazy ass down at home half asleep whilst the race is on. They are morbibly obese yet like to rag the shit out of the GOAT's weight even though the slimmer of their two cankles weigh more than him.
When the race is on they sit there with their keg hooked up like an IV and munch their fat ass through a truck load of dorriotos and shout at the TV. Whilst the greatest SX riders in the world are broadcast before them, through the cable stolen from next door, they like to shout at the TV telling them lazy bums to quad this, hit them whoops flat in 4th and ram that bum out the way. Whilst the race is on they also like to get on Vital and vitard it up by ragging on Ricky and Ralph, blasting Tomac's 4th place finish and even bash Dongalos for being an old man beating all the kids.
When the bench racer does occasionally visit the track their klx110 will inevitably develop a 'fault' first lap out and the bench racer can be seen munching on burgers and bashing other riders for the remainder of the day.

Roll on East Rutherford laughing

|

Please, please don't down vote me. It causes me to have impotence issues.

4/25/2019 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2019 5:57 PM

I didn’t really fit into any of those. I always got great starts and had great sprint speed. I would usually holeshot and lay it DOWN for a good lap and a half, maybe 2 and then pray that none of the skinny, fit little fucks would catch me in the final 3 laps when the anchor came out. It worked ok most of the time.

|

4/25/2019 6:05 PM

Rarely behind or in front of a leader, so I'll just go with sketchy but usually in control

|

4/25/2019 6:10 PM

I was the type of guy walking back to the truck dazed and confused halfway through the moto.

|

4/25/2019 6:13 PM

Nobody on Vital actually races

|

4/25/2019 6:27 PM

Start off slow, then taper off from there.

|

No brains, No headaches.

4/25/2019 6:32 PM

Color Commentator wrote:

I'm.....

The Bench Racer.
Bench racers sit their fat lazy ass down at home half asleep whilst the race is on. They are ...more

^This. I usually grab the hole shot to the fridge and clean out all the little fuckers that get between me and beer.

|

4/25/2019 6:35 PM

zehn wrote:

Nobody on Vital actually races

Actually, I've been beating kids on 50s for about 3 years.

|

4/25/2019 9:11 PM

The Occupier

Fat

Slow

Clumsy

An insult to the poor motorcycle that I’m riding at the time

Would have to be in a coma to go any slower

General waste of space on a race course and occupy way more space than I should

|

4/25/2019 9:21 PM

Is there one for a guy who crashes a lot?

Asking for a friend.

|

2018 CRF250R

4/25/2019 9:24 PM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

Rarely behind or in front of a leader, so I'll just go with sketchy but usually in control

Would you say you get caddywhompus?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/25/2019 9:26 PM

I usually get out to an early lead, start going backwards and find my comfort spot just behind the leaders and just in front of the midpack guys. I’m the guy in no mans land by himself trying to ride smooth, comfortable and trying to hit his lines.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/25/2019 9:30 PM

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Would you say you get caddywhompus?

Yeah, a little bit of that plus some. Lol

|

4/25/2019 9:49 PM

I have the 'Got to be to work on Monday' style.

|

4/26/2019 12:02 AM

No matter how much I trained, I always get tired kind of rider. Hanging on for grim death for the last two laps, sometimes even able to win a couple of races.

|

4/26/2019 12:07 AM

The good-for-two-turns-then-fade style.

|

4/26/2019 12:34 AM

FWYT wrote:

So basically holeshot money hoarder.

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

4/26/2019 12:40 AM

FWYT wrote:

Last Braaap wrote:

Who said anything about a holeshot? That would be a mid-pack at best start, hold for two turns, then fade! laughing laughing

|

4/26/2019 12:49 AM

FWYT wrote:

Last Braaap wrote:

FWYT wrote:

Who said anything about a holeshot? That would be a mid-pack at best start, hold for two turns, then fade! laughing laughing

Oh my mistake. I thought you were 2015-ish Mike Alessi but you are 2019 Mike Alessi. jk. tongue

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

4/26/2019 1:04 AM

Start badly, push as hard as possible until I hit the red line, try to manage everything that comes after whilst being so tired that I will squeal when hitting big bumps lap after lap because I'm too exhausted to think about taking another line.

|

4/26/2019 1:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2019 1:36 AM

I was always faster when I was just riding and practicing on tracks with friends. In the actual races, I tensed up too much due to nerves and rode tight. I was better than I looked in races. In races I crashed more, got arm pump quicker, got tired quicker, etc. Tried too hard. Over rode the track. Didn't flow as well as when I was just practicing. Nerves and being psyched out to a degree I guess. Also knowing people were watching affected me some. Never could quite get past that. I was just a tick slower in speed and fatigued quicker because I couldn't ride as relaxed.

|

4/26/2019 1:54 AM

Feel good and try not to die racing style.
I always fuck up the starts and blame it on the bike (the only 125 on the gate) but deep inside I know it's not the bike.
Then I start catching up and passing. Then, approx 15 minutes later another race starts. There is only one goal from that moment on, not to die. Not much grip strength left, the track is usually beat up badly and I keep repeating "It's all good" in my head, when as a matter of fact it is as far from good as possible. The last 2 laps are purely fighting for survival, and I welcome the checkered flag with a huge smile under my helmet.

|

4/26/2019 5:10 AM

I have a " Don't be stupid, but dont be a pussy " style. Also the " If I jump everything I'll have the upper hand on half the pack" style. Every time ive ever rode timid its been horrible : 2018 TIB/FIB to prove that theory.

|

Vital news is 100% true 30% of the time.

4/26/2019 6:00 AM

Is Yardsale an option??

|

4/26/2019 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2019 12:28 PM

mwssquad827 wrote:

None the above!
I’m the blind squirrel technique——most of the time I’m just stumbling around looking awkward BUT every now and ...more

I’m kinda like that too! I would describe it as “the Flailing”, Sometimes half on, Sometimes half off the bike approach!

Sometimes it could be described as “The Bump and Run” also

|

4/26/2019 8:54 AM

THE CRAWLER

It describes my pace out of the gate and what I do when I’m laying on the ground a few laps later wondering what happened and trying to breath again...

|

4/26/2019 8:59 AM

MXD wrote:

I didn’t really fit into any of those. I always got great starts and had great sprint speed. I would usually holeshot and lay ...more

I'm exactly like you, except I am a skinny fuck. Not very fit, though. blush I run out of steam and try to hold on to my massive lead, which usually dwindles away before the white flag and I have to defend against passes.

If I could ride the whole moto the way I do on the first lap, I'd be a pretty formidable rider.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/26/2019 12:01 PM

My racing style is defined 100% by the people I am racing against. If they are slower, I'm the front runner. If they are faster, I'm the deep closer (minus the "closing" part, but sometimes their bikes break.) And if they are the same speed, I guess I'm the stalker!

|