What's your excitement level for Utah?

ChrisB10
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 10:54pm
I'm right about at a 3 on a 10 scale right now. Between the championships pretty much being wrapped up (yes i know anything can happen to ken/ryan) but between that and the track I'm just not that excited. Just curious where everyone else stands?
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
8/19/2014 7:00am
Pretty much the same. Thats why I started the 'gutted' thread. This championship was coming to a crescendo of epic proportions.... It's disappointing that the excitement is thwarted, but I'll still be glued to my TV/computer for all the practice feed and race coverage!!!
8/19/2014 7:10am
Im there with you, my excitement level hasn't been very high the past month at all!! Ken being my favorite rider since his Suzuki days has been great to watch, but there is a level of excitement missing? Not sure if its stemming from the absence of Stewart or Rv, but this has been the worst season of mx that I have witnessed in a very long time. Im ready for some sort of a comeback story like JH100 or Js7, Barcia, Rv maybe Tommy Hahn, something? Maybe an X-factor moving up like the BB4 or JA17, list goes on....
fidiot
8/19/2014 7:12am
I'm about the same. 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
8/19/2014 7:19am
kinda excited...if I was going?....jumping for joy...

im still gonna watch it...maybe roc will wreck into dunge ........

The Shop

IWreckALot
8/19/2014 7:41am
I guess we have to hope for a bike malfunction for KRoc to make the last moto interesting. I just want to see interesting racing and it's impossible for it to be interesting without the championship on the line. Single digit separation by the last moto seems to be a unicorn.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/19/2014 7:44am
I'm looking forward to it.

1. Revamped track.
2. Team USA MXoN preview.
3. Championship racing, and a new Champion crowned.

If none of that floats your boat, go riding.
8/19/2014 7:46am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I'm right about at a 3 on a 10 scale right now. Between the championships pretty much being wrapped up (yes i know anything can happen...
I'm right about at a 3 on a 10 scale right now. Between the championships pretty much being wrapped up (yes i know anything can happen to ken/ryan) but between that and the track I'm just not that excited. Just curious where everyone else stands?
I bet some riders will say some good things about the track.

Ideal motocross series should have tracks all types of weather, terrain, dirt, elevation... and a track like this thrown in there makes it interesting to see how riders stack up. This track got a bad rap last year, the wind was awful, but it'll be decent this year. The facility is good for fans, media, industry, and tv.

They brought in a ton of dirt, made some improvements, its 10x better than pala or Elsinore, and I think some riders will enjoy it and it'll provide some great racing.
h&m_cycle
8/19/2014 7:48am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 7:49am
I like the sand, watch the Landen Powell video of this years track, Landen says it's the closest thing we got to Southwick now. it's on Davey's site or U-tube.
looks like a lot of truck loads of sand.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
8/19/2014 7:48am
I think they should cancel Utah and give Indiana another go in the dry.
Jimfunn
8/19/2014 7:54am
well as there is still a championship to decide, pretty excited. Hope Kenny gets it done but there still an hour of racing to get through...
zehn
8/19/2014 7:56am
Im there with you, my excitement level hasn't been very high the past month at all!! Ken being my favorite rider since his Suzuki days has...
Im there with you, my excitement level hasn't been very high the past month at all!! Ken being my favorite rider since his Suzuki days has been great to watch, but there is a level of excitement missing? Not sure if its stemming from the absence of Stewart or Rv, but this has been the worst season of mx that I have witnessed in a very long time. Im ready for some sort of a comeback story like JH100 or Js7, Barcia, Rv maybe Tommy Hahn, something? Maybe an X-factor moving up like the BB4 or JA17, list goes on....
Worst season in a very long time? Are you high?
DonM
8/19/2014 8:10am
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"
Bwhite327
8/19/2014 8:13am
DonM wrote:
Thats deep
CR250Rider
8/19/2014 8:18am
9 out of 10

IT'S THE LAST RACE FOR A WHILE. Better enjoy it
agn5009
8/19/2014 8:34am
I'm still excited for it. But obviously not as excited as I would be if the points hadn't widened last weekend. I'm a Tomac fan so I'm hoping he ends the year with a bang.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/19/2014 8:39am
I think they should cancel Utah and give Indiana another go in the dry.
That makes sense. Turn the trucks around, have everyone change their flights (or book new ones).

Indiana will get another shot next year. I'm looking forward to seeing how it races in the dry. It looked great on press day.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
8/19/2014 8:44am
Its a race and that alone excites me. I love watvhing the best riders race, even on the moon
jeffro503
8/19/2014 8:59am
Im there with you, my excitement level hasn't been very high the past month at all!! Ken being my favorite rider since his Suzuki days has...
" but this has been the worst season of mx that I have witnessed in a very long time."

What? I think this has been one of the best seasons in a long time. Sure I miss seeing RV , Stewart , Barcia ( would of been nice to see Tomac out there all season )........but the racing has been excellent. And until just this past weekend , there were only 7pts separating the two top guys......that's pretty dang close.

With that being said......I'm burned out on it all right now. I haven't been able to ride in about 2 months now and that probably has something to do with it. So I'm kind of glad the season is coming to an end. Really looking forward to 2015 and seeing what kind of racing that can bring,
Bultaco
8/19/2014 9:01am
I am hoping that KR goes over the berm in the third turn, can't start his bike, finally gets it started, then can't remember which way the track turns, stops to ask directions, races a couple laps, then needs to visit the porta potty, gets back on track (pun intended), gets distracted by an old flame he was sweet on back in grammar school, starts racing again, then discovers his tires are aired up backwards with the front tire air in the rear and vice-versa, sorts that out then remembers Tomac's mis-matched jersey from Unadilla and becomes preoccupied with his own kit, not able to remember if his Fox sox match his Fox shox, overshoots the turn three berm again, finds his lucky master link that he dropped on the first lap and finally finishes the moto in 16th. All the while Dungey wins moto 1.

That sets up Moto # 2 with RD and KR TIED!!! Let the gate drop and BS stop at that point. Winner takes all. (That would make a nice title for a movie, eh?)

Anyhow, I think reality is going to be a bit more boring. Smile
peelout
8/19/2014 9:08am
Bultaco wrote:
I am hoping that KR goes over the berm in the third turn, can't start his bike, finally gets it started, then can't remember which way...
I am hoping that KR goes over the berm in the third turn, can't start his bike, finally gets it started, then can't remember which way the track turns, stops to ask directions, races a couple laps, then needs to visit the porta potty, gets back on track (pun intended), gets distracted by an old flame he was sweet on back in grammar school, starts racing again, then discovers his tires are aired up backwards with the front tire air in the rear and vice-versa, sorts that out then remembers Tomac's mis-matched jersey from Unadilla and becomes preoccupied with his own kit, not able to remember if his Fox sox match his Fox shox, overshoots the turn three berm again, finds his lucky master link that he dropped on the first lap and finally finishes the moto in 16th. All the while Dungey wins moto 1.

That sets up Moto # 2 with RD and KR TIED!!! Let the gate drop and BS stop at that point. Winner takes all. (That would make a nice title for a movie, eh?)

Anyhow, I think reality is going to be a bit more boring. Smile
there is always plenty of "scenery" at the Utah races, so someone could easily get distracted... but it'll probably be me getting distracted from the racing
motomike137
8/19/2014 9:20am
Kenny still has to complete his laps and Dungey needs to let it all hang out and go 1-1. in the 250's the second place race is a three rider battle and going to be good. Not the ending we all hoped for but still better than anything else I have going on this Saturday.
DonM
8/19/2014 9:24am
DonM wrote:
Bwhite327 wrote:
Thats deep
Ummm....not quite sure the depth you're looking for...
peelout
8/19/2014 9:28am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 9:29am
technically, it will probably still go down to the very last lap of the last moto. really not sure what you guys are looking for out of a championship series, but it's been a hell of a season and i'll be there cheering the guys standing on the podium and the new champion (whoever it may be)
FlaNard
8/19/2014 9:34am
The last race of the season is always less exciting when the titles are wrapped up (but that's damn near every year). Doesn't mean there wont be some great racing for other positions (Eli and Trey GNF about anything but race wins and that is worth the price of admission right there). Wish I could go (7 week old at home eats up most of my time). The weather should be interesting. I was very critical of the track last year so I was interested to see if they improved some things. The weather should also be interesting. I work in downtown Salt Lake (within an hour or so of the track) and it was in the mid 90's yesterday. Today its in the 80's and raining. Those of you jumping up and down for a mud race last week sure as shit don't want one with our soil. The riders might as well put screws in their tires if they plan on navigating a wet Utah motocross track.
zook11
8/19/2014 9:41am
DonM wrote:
Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, Moran.
keinz
8/19/2014 9:48am
DonM wrote:
Wow, when this shit it happened?Blink

Post a reply to: What's your excitement level for Utah?

The Latest