What's wrong

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2013 12:11am
I would like to sign up on the "something is wrong with Dungey" bandwagon. The dude has zero fire.
Is he nursing an injury or something cause he doesn't have anything for anyone. Jimmy Albertson isn't a slowpoke, but Dungey should blow his doors off.
|
level
1/12/2013 8:23pm
This season is weird so far. People I expected to be blowing everybody away are struggling and the rookies and underdogs are on fire. Very strange start to the season.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/12/2013 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2013 8:24pm
kongols wrote:
He looked like hurting.
Not surprising, that was a hard hit. Dungey is a tough dude.
FlaNard
1/12/2013 8:24pm
Yeah failing to pass Ronnie Mac after two laps of being on his ass is a bad sign for Dungey. Not trying to knock Ronnie, but Dungey should be on a different level.

The Shop

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
1/12/2013 8:24pm
His crash looked a little painful. I think he was playing in smart and knew he was in the main, no reason to push harder. Pure speculation on my part. I was surprised he kept going in his heat after that crash.
bvm111
1/12/2013 8:25pm
im blaming that Air Shock... any one who has any experience with down hill MTB will cringe at an air shock!
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/12/2013 8:30pm
bvm111 wrote:
im blaming that Air Shock... any one who has any experience with down hill MTB will cringe at an air shock!
Supposedly he is running the normal shock tonight. But I'm not talking about just tonight. Even last week he just kind of rode around behind the top 3 and never really looked like he had any sprint type speed. I wonder what the deal is? Mental, physical, bike? Maybe Decoster told him that this is the final year of the 3 year deal he signed and he is retiring, who knows.
Cigaro
1/12/2013 8:37pm
hartebreak wrote:
I would like to sign up on the "something is wrong with Dungey" bandwagon. The dude has zero fire. Is he nursing an injury or something...
I would like to sign up on the "something is wrong with Dungey" bandwagon. The dude has zero fire.
Is he nursing an injury or something cause he doesn't have anything for anyone. Jimmy Albertson isn't a slowpoke, but Dungey should blow his doors off.
We're not even 2 mains in... Pinch
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/12/2013 8:39pm
hartebreak wrote:
I would like to sign up on the "something is wrong with Dungey" bandwagon. The dude has zero fire. Is he nursing an injury or something...
Cigaro wrote:
When Dungey rides around for 2.5 laps behind Jimmy Albertson, that is plenty for me to see something is off. Poto or Stewy would have gone past Jimmy in 3 corners.
bvm111
1/12/2013 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2013 8:43pm
bvm111 wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
Supposedly he is running the normal shock tonight. But I'm not talking about just tonight. Even last week he just kind of rode around behind the...
Supposedly he is running the normal shock tonight. But I'm not talking about just tonight. Even last week he just kind of rode around behind the top 3 and never really looked like he had any sprint type speed. I wonder what the deal is? Mental, physical, bike? Maybe Decoster told him that this is the final year of the 3 year deal he signed and he is retiring, who knows.
I am not a hater, i like dungey, I really do... i just think he is a precise calculated rider... just maybe not the best racer such as RV or Barcia!

Who hasnt watched him reel in a guy in half lap and take 5 more to get around... some guys arent the best "racers" willin to let it all hang out???
Cigaro
1/12/2013 8:44pm
hartebreak wrote:
Cigaro wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
When Dungey rides around for 2.5 laps behind Jimmy Albertson, that is plenty for me to see something is off. Poto or Stewy would have gone...
When Dungey rides around for 2.5 laps behind Jimmy Albertson, that is plenty for me to see something is off. Poto or Stewy would have gone past Jimmy in 3 corners.
And where did RV finish after trying to blaze around everyone? Should Dungey pull an RV in a LCQ for 1 extra spot on what will be an already shitty gate pick? Bigger risk then reward trying to get around 1 spot.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/12/2013 8:46pm
Cigaro wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
When Dungey rides around for 2.5 laps behind Jimmy Albertson, that is plenty for me to see something is off. Poto or Stewy would have gone...
Cigaro wrote:
And where did RV finish after trying to blaze around everyone? Should Dungey pull an RV in a LCQ for 1 extra spot on what will...
And where did RV finish after trying to blaze around everyone? Should Dungey pull an RV in a LCQ for 1 extra spot on what will be an already shitty gate pick? Bigger risk then reward trying to get around 1 spot.
There is a bit of truth to that. 19th pic vs 20th not that much. But I still say he is off.
DownSouth
1/12/2013 8:46pm
Dungey was just trying to avoid a major disaster, He will ok in the main if he can get a good jump off the gate.
stash124
1/12/2013 8:55pm
I wouldn't be surprised if he's hurting a little bit after landing right on his feet on that hard-pack.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/12/2013 9:15pm
Still have a few seats on the wagon if anyone wants to hop on.
ga_pike
1/12/2013 9:20pm
hartebreak wrote:
Cigaro wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
NOBODY passes Ronnie Mac and lives!
jamma10
1/12/2013 9:20pm
He did not have a great night thats for sure.
dirtnapper
1/12/2013 9:53pm
jamma10 wrote:
He did not have a great night thats for sure.
Yeah, lets hope his is out of the way now. With all this talent, EVERYONE is gonna have a bad night or two.

He did damage control, he's still there.
Harry_Gray
1/12/2013 10:00pm
It's been a strange season so far; dunno if Dungey is hurt or if it's bike issues. It's still really early in the season to play the "what if" game.
Feldspar
1/12/2013 10:11pm
I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey doesn't win a race this year. He only won one in 2011. With a healthy Carard, rejuvenated Millsaps, and Up and coming Barcia I think it makes it much more difficult for him.

Last year RV was in dead last at Phoenix and finished 3rd. Dungey was back but not in dead last and finished 8th. He is the worst passing fast guy out there. If Barcia is already faster than him now, what is the difference going to be later in the year? Dungey is going to be similar in speed that he is now. Barcia is only going to get faster. Not to mention that Barcia is a better starter too.
fader418
1/12/2013 10:40pm
Name one top guy Dungey has ever beat to win a title? Don't know why anyone is surprised..
Cigaro
1/12/2013 10:45pm
Feldspar wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey doesn't win a race this year. He only won one in 2011. With a healthy Carard, rejuvenated Millsaps, and Up...
I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey doesn't win a race this year. He only won one in 2011. With a healthy Carard, rejuvenated Millsaps, and Up and coming Barcia I think it makes it much more difficult for him.

Last year RV was in dead last at Phoenix and finished 3rd. Dungey was back but not in dead last and finished 8th. He is the worst passing fast guy out there. If Barcia is already faster than him now, what is the difference going to be later in the year? Dungey is going to be similar in speed that he is now. Barcia is only going to get faster. Not to mention that Barcia is a better starter too.
Didn't we hear similar shit when he signed with KTM? Fuck we're 2 rounds in n people are already crowning Barcia Milsaps and Canard champs. Would it really be that shocking if Dungey finishes ahead of those 3 in points at the end of the year? No matter who's healthy he always seems to be in contention down to the last round barring mechanical DNF's and injuries.

I swear that guy has to move around on the bike more when riding, or crash more often trying to override the track to please most around here...
Cigaro
1/12/2013 10:48pm
fader418 wrote:
Name one top guy Dungey has ever beat to win a title? Don't know why anyone is surprised..
RV, Reed, Stewart to name a few. Oh ya that's right, they crashed out so it's not fair. And 2010 even though RV didn't have the points lead when he yardsaled he prolly would of won anyway right? You're one of those that seem to lose sleep over that kind of shit.
40Plus_922mx
1/12/2013 10:55pm
How quickly we forget.

Remember just a few short seasons ago when he had a reputation to nut up and throw it away? Well he has learned from that and has changed to being super stable and smooth. And that approach has earned him many titles as of today. The problem with Dungey is luck. Let's take a look. Broken chain, ran out of gas, bike would not start entered a nat a lap down, ran out of gas again, bent shifter two races in a row, now tonight get's top spun into a 360 off the face of a triple. The dude seems to always be up against crazy nut adversity.
malachi177
1/12/2013 11:07pm
How quickly we forget. Remember just a few short seasons ago when he had a reputation to nut up and throw it away? Well he has...
How quickly we forget.

Remember just a few short seasons ago when he had a reputation to nut up and throw it away? Well he has learned from that and has changed to being super stable and smooth. And that approach has earned him many titles as of today. The problem with Dungey is luck. Let's take a look. Broken chain, ran out of gas, bike would not start entered a nat a lap down, ran out of gas again, bent shifter two races in a row, now tonight get's top spun into a 360 off the face of a triple. The dude seems to always be up against crazy nut adversity.
^^^nice^^^.....let's see what spin fader418 puts on this question. How many 450 titles does RV have without some bad luck from Dungey? A big fat zero!Whistling
honda341
1/13/2013 12:05pm
A week ago, at A-1, Dungey was running with and pushing on the very guys that you say he is being replaced by. He was pushing on Barcia, who was pushing on Canard, who was pushing on Milsaps. All of those guys were within 2 seconds or so of each other throughout the main. Then he goes and gets 180'd off of a SX triple, comes off of the start in the main in 17th and works up to 8th. He is still ahead of last years SX champ. I have faith he will be a force for the next few years even.
Husqerdo
1/13/2013 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2013 12:31pm
fader418 wrote:
I'll just give you five that you might recognize, RV, CR, JS, TC, and DM. He has been champion 3 of the last 6 MX/SX series. All the riders mentioned were invited, most participated unless they put THEMSELVES out. The guy once again proved not only is he smart, but he is one tough son of a gun. The guy never complains or makes excuses, when he has a crash that most would not get up from, he jumps back on the bike and goes forward. Have more respect for the riders man, or should I say lady.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/19/2013 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2013 10:38pm
Just wanted to refresh this and see if anyone wants on this wagon. Because I dont care what is coming from the orange truck, something is wrong with Dungey's

A. Bike
B. Body
C. Mind

I know people say that he is fine, and he is still right there, but I have yet to see him show the speed of a top 5 guy, and without some mishaps from other top guys he may barely be a top 7 guy. Something is just not right.
BobbyM
1/19/2013 11:52pm
fader418 wrote:
jackoff...
Hut
1/20/2013 12:11am
hartebreak wrote:
Just wanted to refresh this and see if anyone wants on this wagon. Because I dont care what is coming from the orange truck, something is...
Just wanted to refresh this and see if anyone wants on this wagon. Because I dont care what is coming from the orange truck, something is wrong with Dungey's

A. Bike
B. Body
C. Mind

I know people say that he is fine, and he is still right there, but I have yet to see him show the speed of a top 5 guy, and without some mishaps from other top guys he may barely be a top 7 guy. Something is just not right.
Barely Top 7 ain't so easy these days

Post a reply to: What's wrong

The Latest