What’s up with booing the riders?

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/7/2018 7:44am
kb228 wrote:
Hes booed because the pass was dirty and he let dungey by last year and tried lying about both situations. Dirty riding gets people hurt. Osborne...
Hes booed because the pass was dirty and he let dungey by last year and tried lying about both situations.

Dirty riding gets people hurt. Osborne did that to AC in indy last year and turns out he got injured because of it. Osborne was booed in practice. Winning 100k at the cost of another riders health and possibly 100k for surgery or the cost of a career is not okay. If it was okay then why didnt marvin plow eli this weekend again? Or any other race? Is it ok to plow the top 5 riders and use the BS excuse that its okay if youre trying to win?
A great example being when Tomac destroyed Wilsons shoulder, right?

PS- Marvin didn't hurt Tomac.
kkawboy14
5/7/2018 7:49am
kb228 wrote:
Hes booed because the pass was dirty and he let dungey by last year and tried lying about both situations. Dirty riding gets people hurt. Osborne...
Hes booed because the pass was dirty and he let dungey by last year and tried lying about both situations.

Dirty riding gets people hurt. Osborne did that to AC in indy last year and turns out he got injured because of it. Osborne was booed in practice. Winning 100k at the cost of another riders health and possibly 100k for surgery or the cost of a career is not okay. If it was okay then why didnt marvin plow eli this weekend again? Or any other race? Is it ok to plow the top 5 riders and use the BS excuse that its okay if youre trying to win?
seth505 wrote:

Well....he did hurt his feelings! Bones heal.....
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/7/2018 8:37am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Well....he did hurt his feelings! Bones heal.....
True that, bones heal (usually) and new throttle tubes are cheap!

The Shop

kNewc
5/7/2018 8:53am
Indy Supercross in 2009 or so? everyone was booing Roczen when he won a heat. They hated the guy at the time. It just happens, sometimes some riders catch some shit lol
5/7/2018 12:56pm
isnt booing a wrestling thing? you know big bad guy vs all around hero etc ............. if that is what it is and all parties deserve and play up to it then it can work ........check out Nicki Pedersen in speedway...............................im pretty sure Marvin doesnt deserve that though... I think the danger here is bringing the whole French thing into it

motokawi818
5/7/2018 1:02pm
Judging by the “rode like a girl thread” we have some very backwards fans. I wouldn’t be surprised if much of it is from him being a “frenchie” running in to good ol patriot Eli.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/7/2018 1:50pm
kb228 wrote:

seth505 wrote:

My issue with this being brought up so often is the fact that Wilson had pushed him off the track how many times before that? It's not like Tomac just did it out of nowhere. Ya, he's not an angel, but he isn't usually the one starting issues.
DoctorJD
5/7/2018 1:53pm
Hey, it's a free country, freedom of speech and all of that good stuff. I don't mind it, booing makes it easy to pick out all of the low I.Q. asshats in the crowd.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/7/2018 2:01pm
Motofinne wrote:
This sport is so weird. At one day it is the most demanding sport in the world (i agree with that).... but hey, taking banned substances...
This sport is so weird.

At one day it is the most demanding sport in the world (i agree with that).... but hey, taking banned substances are not going to make a difference.

Then we have Marvin. Was the pass dirty? Yes. Was it okay? Yes. It was for 100k you fucking idiots!!! There are privateers every season that make worse moves for 2k. But Marvins that is worth 100k was the end of the world.

Pathetic. SX is a complete shitshow and needs to be gone. Thank god that it's over.
If SX needs to be gone what should have happend to the GPs after Matterly Basin 2012 and the Nationals should be gone too after Washougal 2008. Those are just two examples. What happend at both of those events was far worse than some boos.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/7/2018 2:30pm
kb228 wrote:

seth505 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
My issue with this being brought up so often is the fact that Wilson had pushed him off the track how many times before that? It's...
My issue with this being brought up so often is the fact that Wilson had pushed him off the track how many times before that? It's not like Tomac just did it out of nowhere. Ya, he's not an angel, but he isn't usually the one starting issues.
I can understand that position but then you have to give the same slack to Marvin. How often does Marvin take dudes out? Almost never.
Oldstyle
Fantasy
484th
5/7/2018 2:57pm
People are too sensitive about this, I get that motocross is a niche sport and there are unwritten rules regarding etiquette. But all of the people bitching about the boos should go to a pro baseball, football, or soccer game. Hell even NBA. Fans boo rivals and cheer for their team. This isn't tennis
5/7/2018 2:57pm
Wife and I were rather surprised with all the Booing Musquin received. I attribute it to a lot of 'bros' day drinking in the high 90's.

Wife surprised me with tickets to sit in and listen at the after race press conference. Pretty darned cool and I'd recommend doing that at least once.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/7/2018 3:21pm
seth505 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
My issue with this being brought up so often is the fact that Wilson had pushed him off the track how many times before that? It's...
seth505 wrote:
I can understand that position but then you have to give the same slack to Marvin. How often does Marvin take dudes out? Almost never.
I get that. The pass, to me, was really over aggressive but that's a part of racing. What really did it for me was that he straight up lied about it just like he did with letting Dungey by last year. Had he owned it, wouldn't have been an issue with me. I feel like he lost more fans from lying about it than he would have if he would have just owned it.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
5/7/2018 3:28pm
bents wrote:
I don't get it either. I root for guys, not against them. I pulled for Dungey but respected the hell out of RV.
Exactly
Doddy
5/7/2018 3:33pm
Chicken shit responses tend to rub people the wrong way.....get over it.
Phantom 661
5/7/2018 4:53pm
bents wrote:
I don't get it either. I root for guys, not against them. I pulled for Dungey but respected the hell out of RV.
Same here.... and it was a tough four years of SX for this Dungey fan.
Brent
5/7/2018 5:06pm
Adam43 wrote:
Not sure how this is news to anyone, but casual MX fans tend to be a trashy bunch.
...somebody find me a gif of Captain Obvious?

The Camo wearing, lifted truck driving, Monster(or Rockstar) drinking ‘murican twenty something is now the core audience for this sport.
drt410
5/7/2018 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 5:10pm
Do_Work wrote:
"never seen this before in my life". ok kid.
Where have you seen a guy get booed by the entire stadium at every race? All over 1 block pass where weve seen much worse before with not a peep. 3 in a row and counting. Where? Specific examples only kid. Where and who?
kijen
5/7/2018 5:32pm
jeffro503 wrote:
That wasn't geared towards you man. I read your post , and that's something you have going on with your son.....which is kinda cool. I was...
That wasn't geared towards you man. I read your post , and that's something you have going on with your son.....which is kinda cool. I was aiming towards the people that boo at him just because he's a french rider. I see it as him coming over here and racing , as a great champion that decided to race our series , and make it more interesting and better having him in it.
Do_Work wrote:
There's a whole other thread of you railing against the PC police and social justice warriors... and then you turn around and do the same exact...
There's a whole other thread of you railing against the PC police and social justice warriors... and then you turn around and do the same exact thing. So everybody who booed is a white trash anti-foreigner racist?

Cheering and booing is fun at any sporting event. The crowd is there to be entertained and they want to interact. Are you afraid you're hurting Marv's feelings?
jeffro503 wrote:
Not at all. I appreciate Marv for who he is , and why he is here. I have met him and his wife a couple times...
Not at all. I appreciate Marv for who he is , and why he is here. I have met him and his wife a couple times , and am a huge fan of his. When it comes to THIS sport.....I don't boo any of the riders. Why?......because it's booing them personally....not like a team of stick and ball sports. You are confusing this with one of those sports. You have a home team , and an away team........you'll almost always cheer for your home team.

This is an individual sport! There is a huge difference here. And when people boo Marvin , it's usually because he's french and outsider ).....which is wrong in my book. It's not like team France came in and took over SX , or team France took over baseball. It's one dude , with a passion to try and be the best in the sport WE ALL love. There is a huge difference!
Huuummmm.....and yet america seems to love Kenny, who happens to be German, and there sure seemed to be lots of cheering going on at the mxgp in Jax, so sort of throws the outsider thing out the window. Having been to many college/pro stick and ball sports there is lots of booing at individuals, ever hear of Duke? Lattner, reddick and now allen got plenty of hate for their on court personalties.

But hey, if everyone thought the same life would be boringSmile
jeffro503
5/7/2018 5:59pm
kijen wrote:
Huuummmm.....and yet america seems to love Kenny, who happens to be German, and there sure seemed to be lots of cheering going on at the mxgp...
Huuummmm.....and yet america seems to love Kenny, who happens to be German, and there sure seemed to be lots of cheering going on at the mxgp in Jax, so sort of throws the outsider thing out the window. Having been to many college/pro stick and ball sports there is lots of booing at individuals, ever hear of Duke? Lattner, reddick and now allen got plenty of hate for their on court personalties.

But hey, if everyone thought the same life would be boringSmile
I'm sure you're probably right. Up until the Tomac takeout , I hadn't heard any boo's headed towards Marv. People seem to hold a grudge.
5/7/2018 6:18pm
kb228 wrote:

seth505 wrote:

Multiple accent boy had that coming if you watched the whole race.....which you probably didn't.
5/7/2018 6:22pm
Your reference to quads implied that there is something inherently 'wrong' with them. That's not exactly 'PC'.... Good job.
Um they ride couches, there is something inherently wrong with them.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
5/7/2018 6:40pm
Your reference to quads implied that there is something inherently 'wrong' with them. That's not exactly 'PC'.... Good job.
There’s nothing ‘wrong’ with them, but....well, you know. As for the booing, when you grow the sport to arm chair fans it turns into a pantomime...
There’s nothing ‘wrong’ with them, but....well, you know.

As for the booing, when you grow the sport to arm chair fans it turns into a pantomime, heroes and villains etc. Anyone that has ever raced will know how incredible it is what these guys do on track, and what is on the line.
You 2 wheel guys really need to learn how to differentiate between the drunk morons and the guys who are seriously talented riders. Watch some of the real pros and you’ll be amazed at the speed they carry. Wienen, Hetrick, Brown. Creamer was incredible on Suzukis.

Ive raced quads, dirt bikes, street bikes and side by sides in everything from SX to Baja. To race any of those disciplines at a high level takes a ridiculous amount of skill. Quad guys have respect for bike riders, some bike guys learn to respect quads, but way too many are absolute dickheads.
Do_Work
5/7/2018 7:56pm
drt410 wrote:
Where have you seen a guy get booed by the entire stadium at every race? All over 1 block pass where weve seen much worse before...
Where have you seen a guy get booed by the entire stadium at every race? All over 1 block pass where weve seen much worse before with not a peep. 3 in a row and counting. Where? Specific examples only kid. Where and who?
Wait... are you my wife?
Mikep147
5/8/2018 6:40am
I was at the Vegas SX last night and couldn’t belive how disrespectful people were to Marvin Musquin. Every time people had the chance, they were...
I was at the Vegas SX last night and couldn’t belive how disrespectful people were to Marvin Musquin.

Every time people had the chance, they were booing him.
I mean a rider is an individual with feelings and all the top riders work hard to be there.

It’s a priveledge to be able to see these athletes do what they do on the track and I can’t believe that people boo a person just because they don’t like them.

He was going for a championship and a race win and the other rider left the door open. Like it or not but many riders would have done the same.

I’m from Sweden and this was my fourth time going to a supercross and I cheered for every rider during the presentation because I respect everyone.
They risk their life and limbs every time the go out there.

Just wanted to put this out there so people can think one extra time before booing a athlete and a individual Smile
I used to see this quite often back a few years ago when i attended a lot of the races. RC in his first year at Honda 02 had several booing sessions with the fans. I was at the Indy SX in 02 when he hit Pastrana and the place imploded. Oddly enough DV12 went on to win that night.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
5/8/2018 6:48am
Judging by the “rode like a girl thread” we have some very backwards fans. I wouldn’t be surprised if much of it is from him being...
Judging by the “rode like a girl thread” we have some very backwards fans. I wouldn’t be surprised if much of it is from him being a “frenchie” running in to good ol patriot Eli.
The guy has been riding in America for close to a decade now and hasn't been boo'd in the past outside of the "pull over" and this incident. Deductive reasoning isn't your strong suit. Personally, I'm a Musquin fan, as I am almost all of the riders. I'm not a fan of either of those moves.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/8/2018 7:46am
Booing is pretty lame. It teaches kids to keep up the trend of disrespect we are paving at the moment. I have talked to RC about the booing in length and he was very affected by it and had a streak of bad races because of how it affected him. No one is immune to it really. It wont stop and has been a thing for many years, cooth has been out the window for awhile and it wont get better. Levels of intelligence vary across the human nature board.

Post a reply to: What’s up with booing the riders?

The Latest