Whats up with bogle

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2018 12:04 PM

In the two races he has been back he has gotten two finishes around 20th. Plus he has ridden since May, won a national, and all the other competitors who have had injuries have had them more recently and had better results for example Webb and Ferrandis. Thoughts?

|

7/15/2018 12:19 PM

Spudinki25 wrote:

In the two races he has been back he has gotten two finishes around 20th. Plus he has ridden since May, won a national, and all the other competitors who have had injuries have had them more recently and had better results for example Webb and Ferrandis. Thoughts?

I've wondered the same. Talent and speed but just can't stay off the ground. Maybe he's just backed it down to try and stay healthy.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/15/2018 12:21 PM

Dmxs just did a podcast with him and Barcia worth a listen

|

7/15/2018 12:22 PM

He took some hard hits at Monster Cup, offseason crash, and San Diego. Each one of those took a toll both physically and mentally, it will take time.

He will be back. He’s got the talent. Hopefully a team takes the shot on him for 19.

|

7/15/2018 3:09 PM

Hes had the worst fades in history. 1st to 20something multiple times.

|

7/15/2018 3:17 PM

I don't think people realize how those bad crashes and injuries not all his fault. add up mind and body. plus hes not racing scrubs lol. they are on the razors edge in fitness and riding.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

7/15/2018 4:13 PM

Can’t think of a factory rider going 1-20 just.....because.

If someone is that injured mentally and/or physically, they need more time to recover.

I guess you have to find out where you stand, and now they have.

|

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

7/15/2018 4:29 PM

His ride last year at Thunder Valley was impressive. Kid has it. Couple get offs just knocked it out of him. He’ll be back.

|

7/15/2018 4:36 PM

He forgot how to ride.....

|

7/15/2018 5:52 PM

Can’t compare apples to apples when dealing with comebacks from injuries, but this is the type of comeback I expected after Roczen’s first arm injury. Given the time that Bogle has supposedly had on the bike and the depth of the field, I’m pretty surprised he’s not finishing in the top ten.

|

7/15/2018 6:27 PM

Bogle's rides have been mind boggling.

|

7/15/2018 8:31 PM

Some of it is him not being in race condition. You can train all day and never replicate the toll that race day takes on these guys due to increased heart rate on the line, spiked adrenaline, deteriorating track, crowded first corners, etc, etc.

The other portion of it is probably him not mentally being “over” the recent incidents he’s had. It takes time for a lot of guys, this is scary stuff.

At the end of the day we’re talking about a guy who was the fastest amateur in his age range growing up, came back from 5 broken vertebrae to win a 250 title in his 3rd year, and just last season won multiple 450 races and his first ever OA. He will be just fine in my opinion.

|

7/16/2018 4:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2018 4:15 AM

TymeMoto wrote:

Some of it is him not being in race condition. You can train all day and never replicate the toll that race day takes on these guys due to increased heart rate on the line, spiked adrenaline, deteriorating track, crowded first corners, etc, etc.

The other portion of it is probably him not mentally being “over” the recent incidents he’s had. It takes time for a lot of guys, this is scary stuff.

At the end of the day we’re talking about a guy who was the fastest amateur in his age range growing up, came back from 5 broken vertebrae to win a 250 title in his 3rd year, and just last season won multiple 450 races and his first ever OA. He will be just fine in my opinion.

The question is, who will take a chance on him and give him a ride if his results and consistency don't improve dramatically this year?

|

7/16/2018 4:51 AM

I don't want to sound like a hater, but he's never really impressed me. Decent speed but always hurt. I would take Mookie or Bloss over him next year.

|

7/16/2018 4:55 AM

TymeMoto wrote:

Some of it is him not being in race condition. You can train all day and never replicate the toll that race day takes on these guys due to increased heart rate on the line, spiked adrenaline, deteriorating track, crowded first corners, etc, etc.

The other portion of it is probably him not mentally being “over” the recent incidents he’s had. It takes time for a lot of guys, this is scary stuff.

At the end of the day we’re talking about a guy who was the fastest amateur in his age range growing up, came back from 5 broken vertebrae to win a 250 title in his 3rd year, and just last season won multiple 450 races and his first ever OA. He will be just fine in my opinion.

JustMX wrote:

The question is, who will take a chance on him and give him a ride if his results and consistency don't improve dramatically this year?

Do we know for sure that he won’t be back with JGR? If so then I feel for the kid, this will be his 4th team in 4 years going from GEICO to RCH to JGR and then somewhere else.

He won races for JGR, I feel like they should keep him. They’ve kept guys who have done a lot less, that’s for sure!

|

7/16/2018 6:13 AM

As a business guy I wouldn’t hire him, seems to be made of glass. After a year of no injury’s I would hire him, so maybe that’s how Teams think?

|

7/16/2018 6:32 AM

The ride he had at Southwick last year is what sticks in my mind, makes me think he's worth the risk.

I wish him some good luck, he's had more than his fair share of bad luck

|

2015 KTM 250sx, WP 48mm CV Forks, WP Trax Shock, Bills Pipe
2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax, 2014 Forest River XLR Nitro 28TQD bumper pull toy hauler


Instagram: @impalenthelen https://www.instagram.com/impalenthelen/
Youtube: Mitchell Thelen

7/16/2018 6:33 AM

well....in bogles defense he did crash while in 1st at redbud...not to justify anything else though.

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/16/2018 6:35 AM

Didn't he have a couple concussions? I'm a little worried that his head isn't quite right yet. Hopefully not the case, though.

|

7/16/2018 7:02 AM

TymeMoto wrote:

Do we know for sure that he won’t be back with JGR? If so then I feel for the kid, this will be his 4th team in 4 years going from GEICO to RCH to JGR and then somewhere else.

He won races for JGR, I feel like they should keep him. They’ve kept guys who have done a lot less, that’s for sure!

He won a race for RCH, this is his first year at JGR.

|

7/16/2018 7:27 AM

JustMX wrote:

The question is, who will take a chance on him and give him a ride if his results and consistency don't improve dramatically this year?

TymeMoto wrote:

Do we know for sure that he won’t be back with JGR? If so then I feel for the kid, this will be his 4th team in 4 years going from GEICO to RCH to JGR and then somewhere else.

He won races for JGR, I feel like they should keep him. They’ve kept guys who have done a lot less, that’s for sure!

ML512 wrote:

He won a race for RCH, this is his first year at JGR.

Not to be a hater, but any rider...any guy who consistantly runs top-5 can win the given race if all the planets line up and everything goes his way. I've always liked Bogle, but have never seen him as anything consistently better than average.

|

7/16/2018 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2018 10:00 AM

My feeling is that Bogle is like a lot of guys on the 450, to ride the top-5 speed they have to ride above their capabilities and the big bike bites them hard. Look at the careers of Josh Grant, Jake Weimer, and Ivan Tedesco. Justin Bogle is sort of in the same mold.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

7/16/2018 10:16 AM

lol an "average guy" can win a national moto...ffs are some of you clowns for real?

give the guy a break, hes racing his way back to fitness and form, so what if he drops the achor, he'd still drop most of us by a couple of laps in his poor state...

so how crap are you (and me) and why the fck are you bothering to ride at all youre so shithouse....
doesnt sound so nice when your skills are being assessed?

|

7/16/2018 10:21 AM

I think Bogle is one of those frustrating types of guys who has some major strengths (starts, INSANE good/unique technique/style) but some major weaknesses too, which have led to awful, career disrupting injuries. I feel like training with RC has helped his 450 riding a lot in certain ways, but Bogle ultimately needs to learn to push himself without getting majorly hurt in the process.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

7/16/2018 11:51 AM

TymeMoto wrote:

Some of it is him not being in race condition. You can train all day and never replicate the toll that race day takes on these guys due to increased heart rate on the line, spiked adrenaline, deteriorating track, crowded first corners, etc, etc.

The other portion of it is probably him not mentally being “over” the recent incidents he’s had. It takes time for a lot of guys, this is scary stuff.

At the end of the day we’re talking about a guy who was the fastest amateur in his age range growing up, came back from 5 broken vertebrae to win a 250 title in his 3rd year, and just last season won multiple 450 races and his first ever OA. He will be just fine in my opinion.

I found that 'race condition' excuse from Bogle annoying, especially with how we've seen Roczen and Ferrandis return this year.

Sure, I don't expect him to win coming straight back from an injury but holeshotting (impressive) and then dropping back to mid pack is not merely lack of 'race conditioning'. Imagine if we'd had a stacked 450 field this year, he'd be even further back.

|

7/16/2018 11:59 AM

Did I hear correctly in the Pulp Privateer Island podcast with Cunningham that Bogle had a practice crash right before Southwick? Perhaps he is beat up, but felt like he had to get back to the races with how much time he had already missed?

|

7/16/2018 12:11 PM

make1go wrote:

lol an "average guy" can win a national moto...ffs are some of you clowns for real?

give the guy a break, hes racing his way back to fitness and form, so what if he drops the achor, he'd still drop most of us by a couple of laps in his poor state...

so how crap are you (and me) and why the fck are you bothering to ride at all youre so shithouse....
doesnt sound so nice when your skills are being assessed?

Comparing a top pro to a vital member lol. Good comparison.

|

7/16/2018 12:47 PM

WarrenMX wrote:

I found that 'race condition' excuse from Bogle annoying, especially with how we've seen Roczen and Ferrandis return this year.

Sure, I don't expect him to win coming straight back from an injury but holeshotting (impressive) and then dropping back to mid pack is not merely lack of 'race conditioning'. Imagine if we'd had a stacked 450 field this year, he'd be even further back.

Roczen never lost fitnes with his last injury this year. end of the day it was still just an arm break this year . He already proved he had recovered from the bigger injury at the start of sx .

|

7/16/2018 12:56 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Not to be a hater, but any rider...any guy who consistantly runs top-5 can win the given race if all the planets line up and everything goes his way. I've always liked Bogle, but have never seen him as anything consistently better than average.

That s the biggest load of crap . There s been a ton of constant top 5 guy s won never even got near a win in years past. Plus which planets alineded for him in his races wins . He won 2 moto s . And one overall. But I guess he got lucky twice eh ? .go back look at the lap time s and the race s he won . Nothing lucky about them .

|

7/16/2018 12:59 PM

ML512 wrote:

He won a race for RCH, this is his first year at JGR.

davistld01 wrote:

Not to be a hater, but any rider...any guy who consistantly runs top-5 can win the given race if all the planets line up and everything goes his way. I've always liked Bogle, but have never seen him as anything consistently better than average.

brimx153 wrote:

That s the biggest load of crap . There s been a ton of constant top 5 guy s won never even got near a win in years past. Plus which planets alineded for him in his races wins . He won 2 moto s . And one overall. But I guess he got lucky twice eh ? .go back look at the lap time s and the race s he won . Nothing lucky about them .

Agreed...at Thunder Valley he was in top 3 at the start, took off and opened and maintained a good gap. He cut some really good laps and made it look easy.

|