What's up with Tomac?

RG1
1/17/2021 7:32am
10000hrs wrote:
your aggressiveness goes away when you are worried about being a dad.

why did dungey wait till he retired to have a kid?
He won the title last year as a dad
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/17/2021 8:31am
10000hrs wrote:
your aggressiveness goes away when you are worried about being a dad.

why did dungey wait till he retired to have a kid?
RG1 wrote:
He won the title last year as a dad
Good point. It affects everyone differently. Reed seemed to get rejuvinated after having kids.

But typically I would think it would be better to have kids after you retire.
SWOHIO GUY
1/17/2021 9:00am
He went 7-4 in the first 2 rounds last year. A 13-1 or 13-2 wouldn’t be too far off of that. Round 2 is huge if he wants to have a chance!
Motofinne
1/17/2021 9:06am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2021 9:09am
hamncheeze wrote:
I mean his pants stayed on so there's that. He's had worse openers (2014, 2015, 2018).
cwel11 wrote:
And never won a title in any of those years. Again, you can’t have these rides and win a championship with this field. Oldest cliche but...
And never won a title in any of those years. Again, you can’t have these rides and win a championship with this field. Oldest cliche but still rings true - you can’t win the title at round 1, but you can loose it. He may claw his way back in, but ultimately I do think he will not retain the 1.
Nothing is over after one race (unless you get hurt), but his margin of error got smaller after only one round. That is the issue with results like that.

The Shop

biscuit11
1/17/2021 9:33am
Webb and Osbourne arent very far ahead in points if Webb was out front maybe Eli pushed harder, but with another race Tuesday he just got what he comfortably could. You could see the bike wasnt hooking up when he did try to log into beast mode so he made the safe call. Maybe from crash maybe they just missed the setup. The short turnarounds will possibly hurt Kenny who is the other legit title contender. Also dont forget 3 FL races this year and between Tampa and Daytona in recent years i think Eli has 5 or 6 wins and a 2nd in as many starts. The 3 races at Atlanta Motor Speedway could make this season basically have 4 Daytona type tracks. He showed speed throughout the day so thats good for the mental side of things. I know it isnt obviously the way Eli wanted to start the season, but there is a loooonnngggg season ahead...
ShawdowGlen
1/17/2021 10:51am
Eli gonna Eli from time to time.
Nailed it. ^^^^

So much talent. But the switch is faulty sometimes.
twotwosix
1/17/2021 10:56am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2021 10:58am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
We're one race in...
Ricky, Jeremy, Bubba, they didn't fall in corners and then get up and still fail to break the Top 10....

You can say something dumb like that, however, the real point is Tomac does this shit. He does it often. It's who he is. He was two turns away from getting lapped. He is very lucky that Roczen has two T-rex arms and that Dungey, Villo and RC no longer race, because Eli would not have gotten away with these types rides if he was racing some those guys still.
Cortami79
1/17/2021 11:01am
Sometimes I wonder, do some of you guys even race? With such a tight track and no room for error and places to make up time, it's hard to get +10 places in a few laps time. If he has these results 5 races in, yes there should be something. I wouldn't be surprised if he would win next race.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/17/2021 11:33am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 6:50am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
We're one race in...
twotwosix wrote:
Ricky, Jeremy, Bubba, they didn't fall in corners and then get up and still fail to break the Top 10.... You can say something dumb like...
Ricky, Jeremy, Bubba, they didn't fall in corners and then get up and still fail to break the Top 10....

You can say something dumb like that, however, the real point is Tomac does this shit. He does it often. It's who he is. He was two turns away from getting lapped. He is very lucky that Roczen has two T-rex arms and that Dungey, Villo and RC no longer race, because Eli would not have gotten away with these types rides if he was racing some those guys still.
People said the same shit about Roczen when he got lapped twice last year and he came back to win.

Tomac will be fine.
cwel11
1/17/2021 12:37pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
We're one race in...
twotwosix wrote:
Ricky, Jeremy, Bubba, they didn't fall in corners and then get up and still fail to break the Top 10.... You can say something dumb like...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
People said the same shit about Roczen when he got lapped twice last year and he came back to win.

Tomac will be fine.
I’m not saying the guy won’t win a race this year. I think he absolutely will, and maybe multiple, but last year he avoided things like last night’s debacle. He’s dug himself a hole with absolutely no room for error at round 1. Does anyone think he’ll go top five at every race from here on out? I’m an ET fan but I do believe he threw 21 away pretty quick last night.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
1/17/2021 1:23pm
Cortami79 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder, do some of you guys even race? With such a tight track and no room for error and places to make up time...
Sometimes I wonder, do some of you guys even race? With such a tight track and no room for error and places to make up time, it's hard to get +10 places in a few laps time. If he has these results 5 races in, yes there should be something. I wouldn't be surprised if he would win next race.
Hard? sure, but did you watch Osborne do exactly that? Made up 12 positions, including going past Eli from way behind.
gregyou
1/17/2021 5:52pm
If he rides like he did outdoors this will be the norm every week
Bultaco
1/17/2021 5:53pm
Tomac was a couple turns from being lapped by Barcia. This screen shot is going into the last turn before the checkers.
kiwifan
1/17/2021 6:55pm
Wasnt his night, lets not over-analyse it, what I do know is that Eli always has a stellar night after a bad one, so look for him to be in top 3 or even #1 next round
mxb2
1/17/2021 8:28pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
We're one race in...
twotwosix wrote:

No they were lucky he destroyed both his shoulders or he would have 2 more outdoor titles.
1/17/2021 8:29pm
kiwifan wrote:
Wasnt his night, lets not over-analyse it, what I do know is that Eli always has a stellar night after a bad one, so look for...
Wasnt his night, lets not over-analyse it, what I do know is that Eli always has a stellar night after a bad one, so look for him to be in top 3 or even #1 next round
This sums things up, case closed. Thread closed.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
1/17/2021 8:36pm
He put an aggro pass on tar baby Vince and spent the rest of then night stuck fighting for awful position.
Dutch348
1/17/2021 8:58pm
He does this every year. In a couple weeks he’ll crank off 9 straight wins, and be in the lead. The only real threat to him is Kenny, and he couldn’t even pass Barcia.
FCTRY
1/17/2021 9:06pm
He did beat the fastest qualifier, to be fair...

G-man
1/17/2021 9:54pm
ShipLap wrote:
Uncomfortable with bike?

Slow?

Pants unfastened?

inquiring minds . . .
MyBobbym wrote:
Bad start... And Vince.
BobPA wrote:
First incident was Bromac's own doing....
From what I could tell BOTH incidents were Tomacs fault.
Had no idea what he was doing, seemed to be obsessed with taking out Vince instead of getting valuable points for the Championship.

Not what you expect from a defending Champion. Dry
Shawn142
1/18/2021 12:10am
G-man wrote:
From what I could tell BOTH incidents were Tomacs fault. Had no idea what he was doing, seemed to be obsessed with taking out Vince instead...
Had no idea what he was doing, seemed to be obsessed with taking out Vince instead of getting valuable points for the Championship.

I'd like to hear from someone there who watched Tomac in those first few laps. You don't just pull a move like that, often that kind of aggression is provoked. That was made painfully clear by his second stab at taking out Vince. Something happened that we missed and it pissed Tomac off enough that he tossed away his own race to make a point.
teamddr
1/18/2021 3:40am
G-man wrote:
From what I could tell BOTH incidents were Tomacs fault. Had no idea what he was doing, seemed to be obsessed with taking out Vince instead...

Shawn142 wrote:
I'd like to hear from someone there who watched Tomac in those first few laps. You don't just pull a move like that, often that kind...
I'd like to hear from someone there who watched Tomac in those first few laps. You don't just pull a move like that, often that kind of aggression is provoked. That was made painfully clear by his second stab at taking out Vince. Something happened that we missed and it pissed Tomac off enough that he tossed away his own race to make a point.
Will if he was blaming vince for the first incident than that’s just plain dumb as it was his fault. If he’s blaming Vince for having a go somewhere else because of the first incident then that’s dumb as well.
Deadric
Fantasy
4155th
1/18/2021 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 1:11pm
I dont think anything is wrong. His whole 450 supercross career hes been a slow starter and then after 3-4 races he's normally back to his winning ways. People point to is outdoor season as him not looking himself. People seem to miss that he finished 34 points back from ZO after a double DNF. If not for that his outdoor season looks completely different.
1/18/2021 1:38pm
No one was passing it was the lamest race I’ve seen in forever.
And try being a reporter from home reporting on the races when TV only shows Kroc and Bam Bam the entirety of the main event lol
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
1/18/2021 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2021 2:36pm
Every one talks on how shit his starts are.. Yet he has the 3rd most holeshots in the past 5 years.

I think this year the field is just so deep, a bad start or a slight mistake will cost you. riders cant charge through the field any more like they could in previous years.
top 14 riders are podium threats and timing showed the top 14 guys where all within a second in lap times.

Tomac wasn't off pace with speed. its just the 10 guys in front of him where doing the same lap times. throw in picking a battle with "freeze" dumb idea... was bound for trouble.

end of the day.. It was Barcia who made it happen and Kenny who made some fast quick passes to stay up front. To say you couldn't pass on the track is a lie. Osborne and Kenny both proved that wrong.

Tomac will bounce back. But i don't think he will dominate like previous years.
Be interesting to see how things go when its Barcia and Tomac out front.

TeamGreen
1/18/2021 4:31pm
Ross501 wrote:
I discovered that I can't just post anything I want on Vital, and I'm taking a break from posting.

kiwifan
1/19/2021 8:37pm
kiwifan wrote:
Wasnt his night, lets not over-analyse it, what I do know is that Eli always has a stellar night after a bad one, so look for...
Called it...
cable
1/19/2021 8:47pm
wow that was cool as im a tomac fan, but he didnt look very fast, almost looked to be struggling or have arm pump. I think hes missing a training partner to simulate racing.

Post a reply to: What's up with Tomac?

The Latest