up to what they should do.

What about Matt Moss at Suzuki? You dont hear much about him and he
was going to be top rider fighting for podiums. He is on a factory ride
and barely gets top 20 finishes. I know he was coming off a bad injury
at the beginning of the outdoors but we are a good ways into the series
and he is still not performing.

Is there something wrong with him or is it just his finishes are where
he is at right now?

And will DeCoster get rid of him at end of season?
|
7/1/2010 3:25pm
The tracks are all new to him and short practices don't help. I am sure he will get better over time.
Nikhil
7/1/2010 3:28pm
I think he's still pretty beat up. He got re-injured at Hangtown.
f4ctry
7/1/2010 4:14pm
Put him on a 250F and watch him podium everyweekend
TeamGreen
7/1/2010 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2010 4:24pm
f4ctry wrote:
He rides very "Tentatively".

Don't think he likes the 450.

Btw, as to "short" practices and "New Tracks"...that don't play at this level...not to the extent of how poorly he's doing.

The Shop

Matt#49
7/1/2010 4:47pm
f4ctry wrote:

f4ctry, you can not be serious surely!!!

Jake-247
7/1/2010 5:02pm
f4ctry wrote:
Podium? Probably not, but easily top 10 finishes each and every race.

I'm pretty sure I heard/read somewhere that after his back had healed he found out that he had broken a bone in his wrist and then had to wait for it to heal before riding. Or something along those lines.
Matt#49
7/1/2010 5:07pm
f4ctry wrote:
Jake-247 wrote:
Podium? Probably not, but easily top 10 finishes each and every race. I'm pretty sure I heard/read somewhere that after his back had healed he found...
Podium? Probably not, but easily top 10 finishes each and every race.

I'm pretty sure I heard/read somewhere that after his back had healed he found out that he had broken a bone in his wrist and then had to wait for it to heal before riding. Or something along those lines.

Jake, maybe the odd top 10, but no way each and every race like you say.

Some Australian riders are closing the gap to the US guys but on a whole the Aussies still have a ways to go yet!

Pop
7/1/2010 5:15pm
This is what his dad said on another site
Matt looks great on the bike, he moves forward real fast for about 3 laps then his wrist gives him way to much pain to continue pushing,he would love to go back to a 250 as it would not hurt his wrist as much.
Chris_ONeal
7/1/2010 11:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2010 12:01am
There was a thread about him a while back and his Dad filled us in. It's mainly injuries and getting back to speed from breaking his back. I imagine he is riding to save his ride for next year, by hopefully having one break-through ride at the end of the season. There was one moto this year he showed the speed but fell.

I've always liked Jake, he really goes for it when near the front. He's not scared to click it up a notch and ride on the ragged edge!
shaner708
7/2/2010 4:39am
If Matt doesn't have one hell of a second half he's as good as gone. Being on the same bike as the guy with a 50+ point lead at halfway, and you're struggling for points makes you look very very bad.

If he can't turn it around I'm sure he could just go back to AUS kill it on a 250f for a year, then give the US another shot
Loose
7/2/2010 5:04am
About this time last year I had a quick chat with Matt as he pushed his bike back to the pits in Coolum after he'd won the championship. 12 months on and he's had a few set backs and looks to be struggling.

Believe me, when he's fit you will see a seriously talented rider,with a style very similar to RC making it look easy. Natural ability + Training
Matt#49
7/2/2010 5:31am
Loose wrote:
About this time last year I had a quick chat with Matt as he pushed his bike back to the pits in Coolum after he'd won...
About this time last year I had a quick chat with Matt as he pushed his bike back to the pits in Coolum after he'd won the championship. 12 months on and he's had a few set backs and looks to be struggling.

Believe me, when he's fit you will see a seriously talented rider,with a style very similar to RC making it look easy. Natural ability + Training

Yeah but Loose the problem is in the US there are already plenty of seriously talented riders. Unlike Australia where there are only 4 or 5 seriously talented riders.

In my opinion Matt is capable of maybe one great ride but not consistently great rides. The competition in America is just too damn fast and too damn widespread. And also, I think he needs to slow down to go faster. The guy crashes way too much!

Post a reply to: Whats up with Matt Moss

The Latest