What's the word on Emig?

ddog558
Was it ever disclosed why he is no longer on the announce team? Wanted to leave? Beef with Ralph? RC's ties to Monster got him booted in favor of RC?

Just curious...he disappeared, and nothing has ever been said about him again...
|
JPT
5/4/2019 5:54pm
He's doing some announcing for MXGP.
ATKpilot99
5/4/2019 5:55pm
He was basically let go. He talked about it with Pingree and Langston. He was bummed but handled it like a pro and wished RC and Ralph the best .
crowe176
5/4/2019 5:58pm
Emig is a class act. Sounds like they just wanted to go in a new direction. I'll admit, I really didn't enjoy Emig as an announcer, but at a certain point, his faults just became the things I enjoyed about the broadcast.

His podcast with RC is cringe worthy at times as well, but I'd listen to him talk moto all day if I could.
Monte122
5/4/2019 6:19pm
Shift/Fox, husqvarna brand Ambassador, still doing that? Nothing against Ricky but I liked Jeff better.

The Shop

5/4/2019 6:27pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
He was basically let go. He talked about it with Pingree and Langston. He was bummed but handled it like a pro and wished RC and...
He was basically let go. He talked about it with Pingree and Langston. He was bummed but handled it like a pro and wished RC and Ralph the best .
Yea, couldn't of been classier about it. Jeffro is one solid dude in my book. I remember being a kid at the Mt. Morris mudder in '97 and he saw me standing there by the rig. Brought me and a few other kids inside for a tour. Opened a door and there was Ryno's girlfriend sleeping lol (ex wife now, I assume)
gnarwhip
5/4/2019 6:43pm
Jeffro is ten times the announcer RC is. Whoever made that call is not very bright.
Nuffsaid
5/4/2019 7:58pm
MXGP gig with Malin occasionally. Those two together are great, Malin alone, the greatest
5/4/2019 8:05pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
He was basically let go. He talked about it with Pingree and Langston. He was bummed but handled it like a pro and wished RC and...
Yea, couldn't of been classier about it. Jeffro is one solid dude in my book. I remember being a kid at the Mt. Morris mudder in...
Yea, couldn't of been classier about it. Jeffro is one solid dude in my book. I remember being a kid at the Mt. Morris mudder in '97 and he saw me standing there by the rig. Brought me and a few other kids inside for a tour. Opened a door and there was Ryno's girlfriend sleeping lol (ex wife now, I assume)
Fro is a great guy. I remember the Friday before the Kenworthys National in Troy Ohio back in 98 I think it was they we’re doing a singing at a local bike shop. I was a huge Emig fan and went up to get my autographed poster & picture I told him I was his biggest fan. His reply to 6yr old me was “you don’t look very big to me”. Lol the whiskey throttle episode with his was great. It’s nice to hear these guys be normal just like us
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/4/2019 8:08pm
JPT wrote:
He's doing some announcing for MXGP.
Good to hear. It’s not auto racing but it’s definitely a step up in his career
RexEasely
5/4/2019 8:32pm
Should have came up with more keys to the race other than the holeshot.
Premixed112
5/4/2019 11:48pm
Is someone like Jeff able to live off of his past earnings comfortably? Or does he need an additional stream of income from something like announcing to get by?
Akira
5/4/2019 11:55pm
RC and MC can live with what they made but they still work, guess it's the same for Emig at a much smaller scale.
TX_187
5/4/2019 11:55pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
MXGP gig with Malin occasionally. Those two together are great, Malin alone, the greatest
Agreed. Paul is a legend in the booth. His call from the AC222/TG243 battle in Italy a couple weeks back, was one of his best.
surfer22
5/5/2019 12:51am
Is someone like Jeff able to live off of his past earnings comfortably? Or does he need an additional stream of income from something like announcing...
Is someone like Jeff able to live off of his past earnings comfortably? Or does he need an additional stream of income from something like announcing to get by?
I'm curious about that as well
Crush
5/5/2019 2:31am
gnarwhip wrote:
Jeffro is ten times the announcer RC is. Whoever made that call is not very bright.
Thinking about this watching Vegas. I think as the floor guy, DB’s current position, you kinda get to show your best off... you literally have time to prepare, it’s a mini-speech effectively and in RC OR DB’s case, you’re talking about something you know.

As colour guy you are off the cuff. Rc can be awkward being interviewed, hilarious to think he was gonna walk this easily. He’s gotten better but i’ve Heard DB commentate in arenacross, would happily have them swap.

Post a reply to: What's the word on Emig?

The Latest