What's the story behind Watson vs Matthes?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2016 5:49 AM

Why did Kenny leave the show? So far I listened to all his podcasts and they were pretty good. He sure has some Great War stories.

|

9/22/2016 5:52 AM

He got over it, was no bad blood. He was going through different things with his partner at the time and child and i think moved to Cali with her.

|

9/22/2016 6:02 AM

I think his employer also had a little bit to do with it.

|

9/22/2016 6:48 AM

RCH moved to SoCal, Kenny went with them. Thats part of the reason Berluti left the team too, they wanted him in SoCal fulltime.

Plus Matthes and Watson both seem to like to butt heads with people. Hard for those types to get along for the long haul.

|

9/22/2016 8:26 AM

What happened to Watson's podcast? 4 episodes and then nothing...

|

9/22/2016 4:44 PM

Michael Scott wrote:

What happened to Watson's podcast? 4 episodes and then nothing...

Did you listen to it, was terrible except the one where he let Ben Riddle talk the entire time without interrupting.

|

9/22/2016 4:54 PM

Michael Scott wrote:

What happened to Watson's podcast? 4 episodes and then nothing...

yak651 wrote:

Did you listen to it, was terrible except the one where he let Ben Riddle talk the entire time without interrupting.

I wanted to come through the phone and tell him to stop talking when he had o'show and ward on.

|



9/22/2016 5:17 PM

hvaughn88 wrote:

I wanted to come through the phone and tell him to stop talking when he had o'show and ward on.

Agreed

|

9/22/2016 8:32 PM

Yak,
Dude I felt he let riddle talk too much but he needs to develop his style. He did great with MC and Ricky. Nailed it and the banter between him and RC was hilarious.

|

9/22/2016 8:35 PM

Michael Scott wrote:

What happened to Watson's podcast? 4 episodes and then nothing...

yak651 wrote:

Did you listen to it, was terrible except the one where he let Ben Riddle talk the entire time without interrupting.

hvaughn88 wrote:

I wanted to come through the phone and tell him to stop talking when he had o'show and ward on.

He was nervous. He just continued to repeat his self. I think those two guests are too reserved for his style. It was clear he has a ton of respect for them and it showed during the podcast.

|

9/22/2016 8:37 PM

Loved his story of driving through the tribe land in a convoy of box vans and he could see but berlutis bumper it was so dusty and too scared to let off afraid he would get dropped and lost EPIC

|

9/22/2016 10:14 PM

yak651 wrote:

Did you listen to it, was terrible except the one where he let Ben Riddle talk the entire time without interrupting.

Unfortunately I would have to agree, but Kenny did make a great CO host on the pulp show. Just goes to show how good of a hosting job Matthes does.

|

9/22/2016 10:28 PM

MX690 wrote:

Unfortunately I would have to agree, but Kenny did make a great CO host on the pulp show. Just goes to show how good of a hosting job Matthes does.

Seconded, Matthes has developed into a great podcast host

|

9/22/2016 11:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2016 11:22 PM

Steve struggled with the George Holland podcast that one was uncomfortable but he is killing it on most but give Kenny the same opportunities and time. I'm thinking Kenny can pull better guests nicolleti is good but he ain't MC RC oMara or ward.

|

9/23/2016 8:36 AM

up in the air wrote:

Steve struggled with the George Holland podcast that one was uncomfortable but he is killing it on most but give Kenny the same opportunities and time. I'm thinking Kenny can pull better guests nicolleti is good but he ain't MC RC oMara or ward.

If you go through the Pulp/Racer X archives you will find pods with Wardy, O'Show, MC, RJ, Hannah, Bailey, Bradshaw etc. The ones were they are together are epic the Ward/Johnson or Bailey/Johnson or Ward/Lechien or Stanton/Johnson are great.

You won't see a Mathes Pod with RC because of Salt Lake 03. When RC got pissed at Mathes and Tim Ferry because he felt they were trying to sabotage his SX title. RC is still holding a grudge.

|

9/23/2016 9:27 AM

up in the air wrote:

Why did Kenny leave the show? So far I listened to all his podcasts and they were pretty good. He sure has some Great War stories.

kenny hasnt had a podcast in a while. what up with that?

|

9/23/2016 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2016 4:55 AM

.

|