Whats the other side of this story?

bob567
4/26/2016 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2016 4:12pm

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/bud-feldkamp-breaks-his-silence-on-why-glen-helen-doesnt-have-an-ama-national

Is there any truth to this? No way a stand up guy like Davey Coombs could have been a part of these allegations or is it factual?

We were racing 30 weekends a year at that point so I did not follow the pro side of the sport very closely during this time period so this is news to me. Did a search but did not find anything to the contrary. If its true I don't even know what to think.
|
Xeno
4/26/2016 4:58pm
All I remember is something about Ron Paul chocolate bars...
NotCore
4/26/2016 5:03pm
You are four years late with this breaking news...
bob567
4/26/2016 5:10pm
NotCore wrote:
It was posted today on MXA's website.

Sorry I don't follow the pro side of the sport as much as you. I prefer to ride and support the local side of the sport with our kids racing. These are serious character attacks that should be openly discussed since many on this board only follow the pro racing side of the sport. Just looking for the truth.

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/26/2016 5:24pm
NotCore wrote:
bob567 wrote:
It was posted today on MXA's website. Sorry I don't follow the pro side of the sport as much as you. I prefer to ride and...

Sorry I don't follow the pro side of the sport as much as you. I prefer to ride and support the local side of the sport with our kids racing. These are serious character attacks that should be openly discussed since many on this board only follow the pro racing side of the sport. Just looking for the truth.
Now wait a second... The article from 2012 was posted AGAIN by MXA?

How many times does this make, four?? Five??

Can you say AGENDA?
mx317
4/26/2016 5:48pm
I looked at MXA website and didn't see it posted today.
Mr. Info
4/26/2016 6:10pm
It's an old story and both sides have mended the fences and have moved forward.
Bultaco
4/26/2016 6:13pm
The article in the link is dated September 26, 2012.
kkawboy14
4/26/2016 6:58pm
Mr. Info wrote:
It's an old story and both sides have mended the fences and have moved forward.
Cool....so they got the multi year contract and the riders will get double payouts?
motogrady
4/26/2016 7:04pm

The other side of the story, as I recall, was NPG lost out to DMG because DMG bought the whole package, and
then called MXSports and asked them if they wanted to run the MX portion as a sub contractor kind of deal.

Things got pretty heavy for awhile.
Youth stream was what some thought the favorite to win the whole ball of wax.
They belittled the way the races were being run here in the States.
I think DeCoster called Budds Creek a garbage dump or something.
TFS jumped on that bandwagon, I remember seeing him, GuyB and another guy over there in Europe in the press.
Looked to me like Youthstream was stroking them. TFS took the bait, and from then on MX in America was crapola.
At least the way it was run, in his eyes.

DMG came in at the last moment and bought it all. Some say Glen Helen got screwed, TFS said he got blackballed.
One thing is for sure. The American tracks, IMO, were never the same. The fencing was moved back from the track.
VIP areas appeared. Banners sprouted like weeds. Prices went up and up. The pits became off limits. No more 2 day events, they actually dropped each event to one day, Saturday at that.

And yeah, youth stream tried to invade the US. They even had an office in California for awhile.
GL thought he was gonna come in and take over, but, nobody went to the few races he held.
He tucked tail and went home, and it's one guys belief those that sided with him paid a price, in one way or another.

That's how I remember it anyway.

Camp332
4/26/2016 7:07pm
The original poster needs to clear his cache on his Commodore 64 browser bro!
The Rock
4/26/2016 7:16pm
disbanded wrote:
Now wait a second... The article from 2012 was posted AGAIN by MXA?

How many times does this make, four?? Five??

Can you say AGENDA?
Nothing like running off jumping to conclusions eh disbanded?

The dated Bud Feldkamp article has appeared at the bottom of some of MXAs webpages FOR MONTHS if not a year or more along with a JLaw story and an old Chad Reed story.

blusmbl
4/26/2016 7:18pm
Camp332 wrote:
The original poster needs to clear his cache on his Commodore 64 browser bro!
Excuse me while I whip out my 5.25" floppy.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/26/2016 7:31pm
The Rock wrote:
Nothing like running off jumping to conclusions eh disbanded? The dated Bud Feldkamp article has appeared at the bottom of some of MXAs webpages FOR MONTHS...
Nothing like running off jumping to conclusions eh disbanded?

The dated Bud Feldkamp article has appeared at the bottom of some of MXAs webpages FOR MONTHS if not a year or more along with a JLaw story and an old Chad Reed story.

The OP clearly stated it was reposted today, so that is my fault?

I could give a fuck about what MXA has on their site.... I don't go there, obviously.

Your beef is with the OP for posting an old story, not me.
NotCore
4/26/2016 8:38pm
NotCore wrote:
bob567 wrote:
It was posted today on MXA's website. Sorry I don't follow the pro side of the sport as much as you. I prefer to ride and...

I don't follow that closely, but I do read the date at the top of the link you posted.
bvm111
4/26/2016 10:12pm
Someone needs to learn how to Internet.... It's 2016!
zehn
4/26/2016 10:21pm
Davey Coombs is a business man too
Canerat wrote:
And a snake..
Care to say that to his face? I'm sure he'll be along at some point to weigh in on this situation.

Actually, he probably won't because this type of thing is probably not worth his time.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
4/26/2016 10:25pm
Canerat wrote:
And a snake..
If you are going to say that about someone on a public forum, at least have the balls to put your real name behind the statement.
Bruce372
4/26/2016 10:41pm
Mxa recycle their articles all the time in the magazine, so by recycling stuff on their website, at least they are consistent.
mxdude105
4/27/2016 6:22am
I get a kick out of reading the bike tests in MXA but for the life of me I cannot figure out how they are still profitable as a magazine. Website and print format are stuck in 2001. Same half-dozen goobers in orange helmets writing the same stuff over and over. Pretty sure some of their sons work there now as well. Only in SoCal...
Bearuno
4/27/2016 6:23am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2016 6:33am
No shame in not knowing what happened, but heck, not seeing the original date of the publication of it, right towards the top......

DC & Co. and Dr Feldcamp did not see eye to eye then. They've long since worked things out, it seems.

Dr Feldcamp probably lost a fair bit of money on the 2 first Youthstream GPs he ran - despite probably paying far less to Luongo than virtually any other GP organizer.

I hope he did / can make money from last years GP, this years, then the MXDN. Probably, just the MXDN ( though I bet your arse that he's getting no discount on the sanctioning fees for that event, from Luongo / Youthstream), as Southern California doesn't seem that interested in motocross, despite it being touted as the heart land of MX in the United States - I guess SX has taken over with 'fans'. I think I see far bigger crowds at most of the other US Nationals than I've seen at Glen Helen in the last couple of years. The Motocross Des Nations, should certainly get US Motocross fans in. The US Team will be deserved favourites to win, and that should get people coming from all across the US there. I'm going, I've already set my contra deal in place for it.

Other than my feeling Dr Feldcamp / Glen Helen very much deserves to get something from running the GPs, I'd love to see the US GP at one of the many other, great MX tracks in the US. As for what's to come in Charlotte(?). well, I really do hope it's not just going to be an over-sized SX. Assen was far, far better than most expected, but, I think it was down to the sand. Still, The Netherlands, has many tracks that should have had the GP, rather than Assen. But, Luongo demands his hundreds of thousand of Euros sanctioning fees, and he's always looking to get yet another 'partner' to pay him.

Canerat
4/27/2016 6:45am
Canerat wrote:
And a snake..
mx510 wrote:
If you are going to say that about someone on a public forum, at least have the balls to put your real name behind the statement.
Take the damn time to read my profile. My name is there.

I have always had much respect for the Coombs family and Davey but....if the above article is Factually true then yes, it was then a snake business move...hence my calling him a snake. If interests of the personal pocket got put before the interests of greater good of the sport then I stand firm on my opinion.

That was just my opinion and if there is another side of the story proving my opinion incorrect then I will humbly apologise and retract my comment.
TeamGreen
4/27/2016 9:34am
Some people suck at the Inter-Web-Thingy
Brent
4/27/2016 10:05am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2016 10:05am
...for some reason, MXA's website throws very old, random story links up at the bottom of the page, I think I saw one about Stewart to Suzuki yesterday.

Their website is a relic for sure, but then again so are most of it's readers...
OW38B
Fantasy
148th
4/27/2016 10:30am
Brent wrote:
...for some reason, MXA's website throws very old, random story links up at the bottom of the page, I think I saw one about Stewart to...
...for some reason, MXA's website throws very old, random story links up at the bottom of the page, I think I saw one about Stewart to Suzuki yesterday.

Their website is a relic for sure, but then again so are most of it's readers...
Jeez........no coffee this morning for you? You seem a tad bitchy....Laughing
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/27/2016 12:09pm
I just got MXA and saw a great article about Jeremy McGrath signing with Team Peak Honda
mx317
4/27/2016 12:12pm
disbanded wrote:
I just got MXA and saw a great article about Jeremy McGrath signing with Team Peak Honda
Did you buy it off eBay?
mx317
4/27/2016 12:14pm
Brent wrote:
...for some reason, MXA's website throws very old, random story links up at the bottom of the page, I think I saw one about Stewart to...

Their website is much better than the RacerX website. I haven't liked it since they changed it a few years ago. I thought I would get used to it, but just like the previous one better.

Post a reply to: Whats the other side of this story?

The Latest