Whats the difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke grips?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2017 7:31 AM

Whats he difference? I recently ordered a pair of odi v2 lock ons and when thy came the box says fits most 2 strokes? I couldnt see how grips would be different but will they really not work on my 250f?

|

dirtbike kidd

11/2/2017 7:36 AM

I believe the throttle cam that comes with the 4 stroke ones has the place for the two throttle cables, where the two stroke one just has one.

|

11/2/2017 7:54 AM

yeah you ordered the wrong ones. You need a 4 stroke cam for both cables, the grips are the same.

|

11/2/2017 9:27 AM

Most 4 stroke carbs or throttle bodys are operated by two cables attached to a wheel on the side. While 2 strokes you a single cable to pull a slide from above the carb. If you know someone with another old set of v2s you can pop the cam off the new grips and replace it with the 4 stroke cam.

|

11/2/2017 11:44 AM

If you own a newer KTM that comes with ODI you can use the stock cam. If you can't return them, you can order just the cam from ODI and it's very inexpensive.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

11/2/2017 11:46 AM

|

11/2/2017 3:10 PM

Grips for 2 stroke motocross bikes allow you to actually turn the throttle further. Therefore you get more rpm and power. I tried 2 stroke grips on a 450 and it was way too much, had to go back to the stockers.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

11/2/2017 3:17 PM

I've always been under the impression that the push cable is for safety...happy to be corrected.

If so then why not have it on a 2 stroke?

|

11/2/2017 3:41 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Grips for 2 stroke motocross bikes allow you to actually turn the throttle further. Therefore you get more rpm and power. I tried 2 stroke grips on a 450 and it was way too much, had to go back to the stockers.

Yep been my experience too

|

11/2/2017 6:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2017 6:25 PM

gerg wrote:

I've always been under the impression that the push cable is for safety...happy to be corrected.

If so then why not have it on a 2 stroke?

With the new FI bikes it may not be as necessary, but with the carbed 4-strokes the vacuum was so great it would pull the slide so hard it would not shut off properly. So then the lawyers got involved and you have push/pull cables. 2-strokes don't have that problem. Some have removed the push cables with no issues, but other than a few ozs weight it doesn't hurt anything.

|

11/2/2017 6:40 PM

Interesting cheers thanks.

|