What's the deal with Hobo?

Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 4:30pm
So Hobo Nick has, by what he said, been kicked off of Vital. He also talks about the people running the forum. What happened and how bad did it get for him to get kicked off?

And will talking about it get me kicked off? Or will this topic get deleted?
|
40Plus_922mx
9/27/2016 9:43pm

He told the truth about a product that was supported by important people. He got silenced and banned. That product has since been proven to be a joke by nearly the rest of the industry. Hobo deserves to be re-instated and an apology would restore the respect that has been detracted from a few here.

Well see?
MelonFan123
9/27/2016 9:49pm
All i know is i tried to listen to the show today and i get they're trying to be "edgy" and funny but the running commentary about the "fucking japs" (direct quote) kamikaze references, and basically racist shit coming out of hobo and joe's mouths was pretty pathetic. I'm as patriotic as they come but the whole schtick got old, quick. Lost a listener and subscriber here.
40Plus_922mx
9/27/2016 10:06pm
All i know is i tried to listen to the show today and i get they're trying to be "edgy" and funny but the running commentary...
All i know is i tried to listen to the show today and i get they're trying to be "edgy" and funny but the running commentary about the "fucking japs" (direct quote) kamikaze references, and basically racist shit coming out of hobo and joe's mouths was pretty pathetic. I'm as patriotic as they come but the whole schtick got old, quick. Lost a listener and subscriber here.
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody on that show is a racist. Are you telling me that if a person uses a slang word to describe a certain nationality or culture then they are racists?
Was Richard Pryor a racist? Or a comedic genius?

I don't know how old you are but people used to call each other all kinds of slang names in reference to their own heritage and nobody got their feelings hurt. It was comedy. And that is exactly what it is on that show.

You have been brain washed, your feelings have been manipulated, and you have no control over your own thoughts as how to make this determination. You need to get the hell out of Newp bro.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/27/2016 10:17pm
He told the truth about a product that was supported by important people. He got silenced and banned. That product has since been proven to be...

He told the truth about a product that was supported by important people. He got silenced and banned. That product has since been proven to be a joke by nearly the rest of the industry. Hobo deserves to be re-instated and an apology would restore the respect that has been detracted from a few here.

Well see?
Beats me. I've gone back and forth with him a couple times on Instagram when it seemed like he had a beef with us, but he never brought it up.

Also, I have no idea what his Username was on here, so there's that.

I was there on the day he finished his journey, and chatted with him for a while. But other than that (and the Instagram posts) I've had no communications with him.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/27/2016 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 10:21pm
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody on that show is a racist. Are you telling me that if a person uses a slang word...
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody on that show is a racist. Are you telling me that if a person uses a slang word to describe a certain nationality or culture then they are racists?

I don't know how old you are but people used to call each other all kinds of slang names in reference to their own heritage and nobody got their feelings hurt. It was comedy. And that is exactly what it is on that show.

You have been brain washed, your feelings have been manipulated, and you have no control over your own thoughts as how to make this determination. You need to get the hell out of Newp bro.
Fail. I get the comedy perspective. But I see very few comedians in here, and no Richard Pryors.
40Plus_922mx
9/27/2016 11:02pm
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody on that show is a racist. Are you telling me that if a person uses a slang word...

GuyB wrote:
Fail. I get the comedy perspective. But I see very few comedians in here, and no Richard Pryors.
Cry fail all you want. Understand whatever suits you. Doesn't matter what you see.

The Newpy's post is way off base. Nobody on DB's podcasts pre-judge anyone for their skin color or heritage. And that is the correct definition of racism. Being blinded by your bias as to one or the other. Using slang terms describing those traits in jest is not.
Period.
THE END.
St Ann More
9/27/2016 11:09pm

GuyB wrote:
Cry fail all you want. Understand whatever suits you. Doesn't matter what you see. The Newpy's post is way off base. Nobody on DB's podcasts pre-judge...
Cry fail all you want. Understand whatever suits you. Doesn't matter what you see.

The Newpy's post is way off base. Nobody on DB's podcasts pre-judge anyone for their skin color or heritage. And that is the correct definition of racism. Being blinded by your bias as to one or the other. Using slang terms describing those traits in jest is not.
Period.
THE END.
Why do you care so much, are you Hobo's puppet? Does Hobo care about being banned? If so, why doesn't he sack up and talk to guyb!
jeffro503
9/27/2016 11:14pm
Can i ask what Nick's user name was on here? I had no idea he was even on here.
MJC
9/28/2016 3:20am
jeffro503 wrote:
Mate, I'm chuckling that you asked this. He just posted what thread he got booted for and you and him were going at it about that 4arm quackery
9/28/2016 4:49am
It sound to me that Nick thinks it is a personal thing with GuyB. I've read so many post of people saying some horrible things. I was thinking Hobo must have gone overboard.
9/28/2016 5:05am

GuyB wrote:
Cry fail all you want. Understand whatever suits you. Doesn't matter what you see. The Newpy's post is way off base. Nobody on DB's podcasts pre-judge...

Period.
THE END.
Nobody on that show is Japanese so not really sure why you say "in reference to their own heritage": it wasn't (unless Joe is Japanese, then I apologize. He certainly doesn't look very Japanese).

I am 46.

It was all in fun and I don't think that they are racist. But it also wasn't funny.

Another point is that people used to do a lot of things, like put Japanese Americans in concentration camps, for example. Just because it used to happen doesn't mean it still should.
9/28/2016 5:08am
Also, Hobo did talk about it on the (last?) show. I think he admitted that he might have gone a little hard on the keyboard. but I'd agree with his greater point. Maybe he just didn't express his emotions in an admin-friendly manner. I am sure they gave him a chance to tone it down and he likely didn't. He's the kind of guy that might walk across America sleeping next to dumpsters - he isn't afraid of extremes.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/28/2016 5:31am
Also, Hobo did talk about it on the (last?) show. I think he admitted that he might have gone a little hard on the keyboard. but...
Also, Hobo did talk about it on the (last?) show. I think he admitted that he might have gone a little hard on the keyboard. but I'd agree with his greater point. Maybe he just didn't express his emotions in an admin-friendly manner. I am sure they gave him a chance to tone it down and he likely didn't. He's the kind of guy that might walk across America sleeping next to dumpsters - he isn't afraid of extremes.
That would be the first time he's finally gotten the point. We've had a few exchanges on twitter about his "reinstatement", but I gave up both times because he didn't get the point as to why he was clicked in the first point. If they don't learn a lesson, there's not much of a point in letting them back in.

I can't remember if it was myself or GuyB that clicked him in the first place, but after dealing with him over social media, I didn't feel I needed to deal with him back on here after hearing his responses.
Camp332
9/28/2016 5:36am
Sometimes I have no idea what goes on around here. This is one of those times.
FastGzus
9/28/2016 5:46am
All i know is i tried to listen to the show today and i get they're trying to be "edgy" and funny but the running commentary...

if they were talking about Africa and called them N.......s would you feel them same?

They're using "japs" in a negative connotation
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
9/28/2016 5:50am
Camp332 wrote:
99% of the time I don't know what goes on here bro. Bears N Seely is all I got.
Nighttrain
9/28/2016 5:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
MJC wrote:
Mate, I'm chuckling that you asked this. He just posted what thread he got booted for and you and him were going at it about that...
Mate, I'm chuckling that you asked this. He just posted what thread he got booted for and you and him were going at it about that 4arm quackery
Laughing Good one, MJC.
newmann
9/28/2016 6:13am
Well, at least when Jeffro has a classic internet meltdown we know who he is. If someone is such a dumpster sleeping not afraid of anything stud then why does he have to post anonymously?
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
9/28/2016 6:44am
I just had a look through the 4Armstrong thread and I came to the conclusion that the only clickable crime committed by hobo nick was a blatant disregard for the "quote last post only" check box.
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
9/28/2016 6:47am
Also how are the people who bought the device during that time going with it? Is their arm pump still gone? And the peeps that got the free spray, any reviews?
9/28/2016 6:51am
I think it's pretty obvious... If I recall correctly, I've seen 4arm strong advertised on this site so the guy bashing the product and arguing that there are other, cheaper alternatives got clicked
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/28/2016 7:03am
I think it's pretty obvious... If I recall correctly, I've seen 4arm strong advertised on this site so the guy bashing the product and arguing that...
I think it's pretty obvious... If I recall correctly, I've seen 4arm strong advertised on this site so the guy bashing the product and arguing that there are other, cheaper alternatives got clicked
If we made decisions based off advertisers, Suzuki would win all my bike shootouts.
SKlein
9/28/2016 7:12am
Jarid332 wrote:
99% of the time I don't know what goes on here bro. Bears N Seely is all I got.
I've wondered why you haven't added Seely into your profile picture yet.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
9/28/2016 7:14am
Camp332 wrote:
Seriously. What the hell is a hobo nick?
Mx286
9/28/2016 7:16am
Also how are the people who bought the device during that time going with it? Is their arm pump still gone? And the peeps that got...
Also how are the people who bought the device during that time going with it? Is their arm pump still gone? And the peeps that got the free spray, any reviews?
Read on here somewhere that a vet rider sprayed it on his neck and it helped prevent his neck pain he usually has after riding... Lol
9/28/2016 7:19am
ML512 wrote:
If we made decisions based off advertisers, Suzuki would win all my bike shootouts.
Difference here being the owner, or whoever is behind the 4arm strong account, was involved in the same thread... Just my observation
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/28/2016 7:32am
I just had a look through the 4Armstrong thread and I came to the conclusion that the only clickable crime committed by hobo nick was a...
I just had a look through the 4Armstrong thread and I came to the conclusion that the only clickable crime committed by hobo nick was a blatant disregard for the "quote last post only" check box.
I was wondering the same thing, unless there are worse posts that were deleted?
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
9/28/2016 7:35am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 7:35am
SKlein wrote:
I've wondered why you haven't added Seely into your profile picture yet.
Bear driving a beamer is pretty bad ass I must say.
kaptkaos
9/28/2016 7:43am
I also still do not understand the rules of Vital myself...I would like the rules and guidelines posted somewhere and enforced accordingly to the letter, but this is not my playground.

Post a reply to: What's the deal with Hobo?

The Latest