What's the age bracket for you "dirty rider complainers?"

moto0852
Edited Date/Time 2/8/2016 2:39pm
Lot's of threads in the last little bit about Marvin Moose Can and Christian Craig etc. "blocking" or riding "wide bikes" and cutting off riders behind them.

This thread really isn't about if its right or wrong (although I'm sure that's what it will evolve into). I'm really just interested how old you guys are that don't like it.

I'm 49 so I grew up watching riders bang bars, block pass, break check etc. as a normal course of racing. In fact is was the very definition of racing. If that stuff wasn't happening it was called "practice".

It this new attitude of "hold your line" and don't touch me or make contact being expressed by anyone over age 40?
|
hvaughn88
2/7/2016 7:47am
I'm under 40 and I don't have a problem with anyone's riding thus far. It's racing. Get to the finish line before the other guys.
Gringoe
2/7/2016 7:51am
Yeah pretty much. I think it's more rare that the younger generation gets upset over aggressive riding than the older folk..

At least judging from on here
stangkag
2/7/2016 8:27am
29 - There is no such thing as Dirty Racing in SX is my standpoint. Anderson, Webb, Barcia, and even Friese all add to the excitement of a race when they bang bars with another rider. You want clean racing, watch drag racing...

The Shop

MR. X
2/7/2016 8:29am
Dirt bikes are dangerous .
kkawboy14
stangkag wrote:
29 - There is no such thing as Dirty Racing in SX is my standpoint. Anderson, Webb, Barcia, and even Friese all add to the excitement...
29 - There is no such thing as Dirty Racing in SX is my standpoint. Anderson, Webb, Barcia, and even Friese all add to the excitement of a race when they bang bars with another rider. You want clean racing, watch drag racing...
Yep!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
I'm 25 and all for bar banging and good battles. I am however totally against cross jumping and riders holding other riders up so much that lap times go up a few seconds a lap and once they get passed they drop back 3 or more positions and lose 3 seconds a lap to the guy they were holding up. If a good slam in a corner comes from the rider being held up then I'm satisfied.
sostoked
2/7/2016 8:30am
Im 20 and I didnt like Marvins pass on Reed. That being said we've all seen much worse.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
2/7/2016 8:45am
Age has nothing to do with complaining..What is the general age of people starting lame threads? Tongue
Dtat720
2/7/2016 8:46am
This "dont touch me" mindset for racing is a bit ridiculous...

I raced an ax a few weeks ago, 40+ class. Only 2 other shower up so we got combined with 14-16 schoolboy. Those kids got a lesson in racing from the gate to the checkers. Pissed off dads at first, but the kids realized the dads were wrong. Had one ask if i gave lessons lol. Dad didnt want his precious getting hurt, understandable.. But precious wanted to learn how to race. Not hold a line and make laps.
Rexblaster
2/7/2016 9:03am
15, and i see nothing wrong with pretty much any pass as long as it isnt a straight up takeout.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/7/2016 9:06am
I dont think its a age group so much as where you grew up racing. I am 53 and was night racing at 59th and Douglas in OKC in the 70s and 80s where it is a contact sport, so I love the aggressive if someone wont move then move em style racing. Cool
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
2/7/2016 9:20am
23, 11 years racing. I'm good with everything but cross jumping. Marv's move on Chad had me laughing my ass off, brilliant move, just didnt expect it from him. It was even funnier when Reed tried it unsuccessfully on the next lap
Mit12
2/7/2016 10:14am
I'm 53.
I like banging bars and rubbing, don't like cross jumping or blocking in the whoops by jumping infront of a rider. Marvin and Craig are masters at these moves.
jeffro503
2/7/2016 10:32am
I'm 48 and i saw nothing but good clean racing. I didn't see Marv try to clean Reed out...just a simple block pass. And Christian is riding Webb clean as well i think. I didn't see any dirty racing.

I guess i haven't had the chance to read all the complaints.

Btw....I see Christian using some really , really good race craft. Cooper is just plain faster and i think Christian knows that but tries to race him the best he can. Christian has also kept it clean...and I'm hoping Cooper does too. I have a feeling Cooper's temper may get the best of him though....which i hope doesn't happen. There is clean racing , aggressive racing and then there is dirty racing....I'm a fan of the first two.
jeffro503
2/7/2016 10:34am
Rexblaster wrote:
15, and i see nothing wrong with pretty much any pass as long as it isnt a straight up takeout.
+1 on that.
nornevrder
2/7/2016 10:39am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 10:39am
37 and I thought MM's pass on CR was brilliant sx racing. There is no disputing CW is faster ,but CC has been a good track manager. Great racing so far
tfreeman
2/7/2016 10:42am
I'm 21 and even when Dungey hit Stewart I saw it as an accident, the only dirty thing is intentionally taking the rear tire out or spearing
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
2/7/2016 10:53am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'm 25 and all for bar banging and good battles. I am however totally against cross jumping and riders holding other riders up so much that...
I'm 25 and all for bar banging and good battles. I am however totally against cross jumping and riders holding other riders up so much that lap times go up a few seconds a lap and once they get passed they drop back 3 or more positions and lose 3 seconds a lap to the guy they were holding up. If a good slam in a corner comes from the rider being held up then I'm satisfied.
DEFINITELY: you don't understand racing (the point is to get to the finish line first, not let people go by because they 'can' throw down faster laps.

Your logic indicates we should just have time trials...instead of racing

MAYBE: your sense of entitlement(common in the 'handout' generation) is so ingrained in your DNA that you really don't think your comment is just ridiculous

cross jumping can be dangerous, but it's on the guy following to respect the leaders position or be fast enough to take it away...go ride the beginner class at a local race and see what real cross jumping is like lol
blusmbl
2/7/2016 10:54am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 10:55am
35 here. I mostly follow Emig's philosophy. If both of you are picking your bike up afterwards, it wasn't a pass attempt. Everything beyond that is fair game. Something like what Webb did in practice was over the line, but everything else I've seen this season has been just normal racing. I also think most of Friese's passes were hard racing but not totally uncalled for- people have gotten away with much worse.
bob567
2/7/2016 11:02am
49 and anything goes for me. Loved the early 90's blatant take outs. Nobody said 1 word about dirty riding. Zero penalty's. Motocross/Supercross is gladiator shit to me. Take outs and beating the shit out of each other should happen every race. This ain't the god damn nfl where it takes over 3hrs to televise 11 minutes of ball play.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/7/2016 11:56am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'm 25 and all for bar banging and good battles. I am however totally against cross jumping and riders holding other riders up so much that...
DEFINITELY: you don't understand racing (the point is to get to the finish line first, not let people go by because they 'can' throw down faster...
DEFINITELY: you don't understand racing (the point is to get to the finish line first, not let people go by because they 'can' throw down faster laps.

Your logic indicates we should just have time trials...instead of racing

MAYBE: your sense of entitlement(common in the 'handout' generation) is so ingrained in your DNA that you really don't think your comment is just ridiculous

cross jumping can be dangerous, but it's on the guy following to respect the leaders position or be fast enough to take it away...go ride the beginner class at a local race and see what real cross jumping is like lol
First off, just because of my age doesn't mean I buy into the entitlement bs like most my age do. As far as I'm concerned no one is entitled to anything and if we want something we need to work out ass off to get it. I was raised to work for everything I want/have, not have it handed to me on a silver platter.

Second, I said I'm against riders holding others up and then dropping a bunch of positions and slowing everyone up. I don't think everyone going faster is entitled to have those guys just move over for them but, if you are going to hold other riders up you better be able to stick with them after they pass you or stay within a reasonable distance, not fade from 2nd to outside the top ten.

As to riding the beginner class, I've been there and done it. Surprisingly enough, when I raced it, the guys I was racing with never had that issue. Maybe the guys behind us did but we never had that issue to deal with. I have had to deal with those guys out at the track on a practice day, just not on a race day. I get the guy in front is in control of the situation and the guy behind needs to be aware but, are you going to tell me that at the pro level these guys don't know the consequences of cross jumping? These guys have been doing it forever and know the dangers of cross jumping, which is why I believe we see so few people doing it. A guy of Musquin's caliber knows better and shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Is the risk of having someone land on you because you cross jumped worth it? I don't think so.
BAMX
2/7/2016 1:10pm
Dtat720 wrote:
This "dont touch me" mindset for racing is a bit ridiculous... I raced an ax a few weeks ago, 40+ class. Only 2 other shower up...
This "dont touch me" mindset for racing is a bit ridiculous...

I raced an ax a few weeks ago, 40+ class. Only 2 other shower up so we got combined with 14-16 schoolboy. Those kids got a lesson in racing from the gate to the checkers. Pissed off dads at first, but the kids realized the dads were wrong. Had one ask if i gave lessons lol. Dad didnt want his precious getting hurt, understandable.. But precious wanted to learn how to race. Not hold a line and make laps.
This...I like Emigs rule of if you both go down, it was too much. I was at a race a few years ago and pulled a no contact block pass. The guy lost his shit mid race and was chasing me screaming in every corner while trying to slam me. He ended up trying to run me off the track and got back by. After the race he pulls up and starts yelling at me. I asked him if he realized that we were racing. He kept yelling and saying that I was dangerous. After a bit of hearing his nonsense, I just ended up telling him to go fuck himself. To this day, the look that put on his face still makes me laugh.
Mikkis
2/7/2016 1:27pm
BAMX wrote:
This...I like Emigs rule of if you both go down, it was too much. I was at a race a few years ago and pulled a...
This...I like Emigs rule of if you both go down, it was too much. I was at a race a few years ago and pulled a no contact block pass. The guy lost his shit mid race and was chasing me screaming in every corner while trying to slam me. He ended up trying to run me off the track and got back by. After the race he pulls up and starts yelling at me. I asked him if he realized that we were racing. He kept yelling and saying that I was dangerous. After a bit of hearing his nonsense, I just ended up telling him to go fuck himself. To this day, the look that put on his face still makes me laugh.
Haha, I remember my first 125 race, it was a local race and there was 450f, 250f and 125 mixed up. In first moto got stuck behind one older guy, and everytime i tried to pass him he blocked me, and couple times run me off the track. So last lap got the pass done by blocking his line and he ran straight to me and crashed, i didn't crash.. Finished the race and got back to my car and he was waiting there and started yelling to me. He asked what the fuck i was thinking, i told him that you were blocking me whole race and run me off the track, he said it's racing. So was my pass, i told him. And then he lost it, started hitting me (I still had my helmet onLaughing ) . took couple hits and then other people showed up to calmdown.. I'm still laughing to that guyLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Beast666
2/7/2016 3:24pm
52 here and rubbing is racing. I have found that most times a rider going down trying to make a pass was them being too aggressive or mistiming the pass. I had a friend try to put his bike to the inside of mine only to have his front wheel touch my rear wheel right at the instant that I clutched my KX500 with a handful of throttle, Needless to say the outcome for him was not pretty.
2/7/2016 3:41pm
45 here. I don't mind bumping and banging but I don't like cross jumping one bit. I'd guess that if you think it's OK you haven't raced and been cross jumped by someone. It's not OK.

I think Marv did quite a bit of it last year but I didn't see anything this year that was bad, at least what they showed on TV.

Craig has been fine. In fact, I'd say pretty clean, and I think the fact that Coop has raced him clean back means that he agrees.

I wasn't a fan of Coops move on Alldredge in practice although I think it must have been retaliation for something else.
Gringoe
2/7/2016 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 3:48pm
Mikkis wrote:
Haha, I remember my first 125 race, it was a local race and there was 450f, 250f and 125 mixed up. In first moto got stuck...
Haha, I remember my first 125 race, it was a local race and there was 450f, 250f and 125 mixed up. In first moto got stuck behind one older guy, and everytime i tried to pass him he blocked me, and couple times run me off the track. So last lap got the pass done by blocking his line and he ran straight to me and crashed, i didn't crash.. Finished the race and got back to my car and he was waiting there and started yelling to me. He asked what the fuck i was thinking, i told him that you were blocking me whole race and run me off the track, he said it's racing. So was my pass, i told him. And then he lost it, started hitting me (I still had my helmet onLaughing ) . took couple hits and then other people showed up to calmdown.. I'm still laughing to that guyLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
LaughingLaughing take note vital that's how you respond to people like this. Next time a guy is blocking you bad or running you off the track multiple times a nice intentional front wheel clean is also a respectful move!
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
2/7/2016 3:50pm
13 and I AM NOT for dirty riding but I AM for aggressive riding/holding position,if you are in front of a guy,run lines how you wish...I haven't seen a single dirty move this year(Weston's retaliation doesn't count,that was uncalled for.) Dirty equals tickle/alessi incident,aggressive equals Barcia,Craig,or Webb.
downard254
2/7/2016 3:56pm
I'm 49 and have no problem if riders want to run a rolling roadblock. Cross jumping or something dangerous is a no no. That being said, if you intend to block a faster rider for more than a couple laps, you had better be prepared to get slammed when he runs it up inside you and takes out your front wheel. Craig and Marv I was good with, it was during a race. Coop on the other hand, jeez it was practice/qualifying. If I'd have been Allderedge, I would be so looking forward to helping Savatgy win this title. Nothing to cause injury, but a trip or two over the berm from a block pass.
Gringoe
2/7/2016 3:59pm
RCB33 wrote:
13 and I AM NOT for dirty riding but I AM for aggressive riding/holding position,if you are in front of a guy,run lines how you wish...I...
13 and I AM NOT for dirty riding but I AM for aggressive riding/holding position,if you are in front of a guy,run lines how you wish...I haven't seen a single dirty move this year(Weston's retaliation doesn't count,that was uncalled for.) Dirty equals tickle/alessi incident,aggressive equals Barcia,Craig,or Webb.
Do your parents know you're on here?? LaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: What's the age bracket for you "dirty rider complainers?"

The Latest