What's so wrong with SX?

Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 3:33pm
Herlings is king outdoors, but why is outdoors the standard for talent? Supercross takes plenty of talent. Put Herlings on a sx track against Eli and he'd get lapped. In fact, I'll go one step further and say that on most typical AMA tracks, with normal conditions, Eli is just as fast as Herlings. Yet, Eli has experience and talent on both types of tracks. The point here is that one race in the mud and sand doesn't prove as much as a lot of people want it to.
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
10/12/2018 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 8:10pm
Who says the outdoors is the standard for talent ? SX is the standard and the future, its where the money is and most riders want to be and the best TV deals . the only thing wrong with SX is there isnt enough of them................Yet
BMSOBx2
10/12/2018 8:16pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Who says the outdoors is the standard for talent ? SX is the standard and the future, its where the money is and most riders want...
Who says the outdoors is the standard for talent ? SX is the standard and the future, its where the money is and most riders want to be and the best TV deals . the only thing wrong with SX is there isnt enough of them................Yet
More SX races, yeah, that's the ticket. Good way to thin the herd. Dry
BikeGuy321
10/12/2018 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 10:41pm
Supercross is made for TV and not as impressive in person because the tracks are much slower and the jumps are smaller. Motocross is higher speeds, huge jumps, wide open riding that's way more impressive to see in person.
Ewan49
10/12/2018 8:31pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Supercross is made for TV and not as impressive in person because the tracks are much slower and the jumps are smaller. Motocross is higher speeds...
Supercross is made for TV and not as impressive in person because the tracks are much slower and the jumps are smaller. Motocross is higher speeds, huge jumps, wide open riding that's way more impressive to see in person.
I'm a fan of both MX and SX for different reasons. But are you serious about SX not being impressive in person? Do you actually ride a bike? Go walk a SX track and tell me what those guys do on that track isn't impressive to watch!!

The Shop

brimx153
10/12/2018 8:31pm
Herlings is king outdoors, but why is outdoors the standard for talent? Supercross takes plenty of talent. Put Herlings on a sx track against Eli and...
Herlings is king outdoors, but why is outdoors the standard for talent? Supercross takes plenty of talent. Put Herlings on a sx track against Eli and he'd get lapped. In fact, I'll go one step further and say that on most typical AMA tracks, with normal conditions, Eli is just as fast as Herlings. Yet, Eli has experience and talent on both types of tracks. The point here is that one race in the mud and sand doesn't prove as much as a lot of people want it to.
Imo tomac from this year ,does not beat Kenny in 15 on the rch bike. I also think he can run with Herrlings s when the track is right for him . And he gets a start . If he got the starts like he got this yr in the ama and Herrlings was racing he would nt have won very many moto s at all . In fact I'd say A.C. 222 would have beat him a good few times too.

Pml.on Herrlings would get lapped.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
10/12/2018 8:36pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Who says the outdoors is the standard for talent ? SX is the standard and the future, its where the money is and most riders want...
BMSOBx2 wrote:
More SX races, yeah, that's the ticket. Good way to thin the herd. Dry
Just as many get hurt outdoors as in SX and MX is way harder on the body so SX has extended quite a few riders career's.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
10/12/2018 8:47pm
I get way more excited for supercross really. And really, as far as watching on tv, I prefer the supercross layout. It’s hard for me to watch two 30min+2lap motos back to back-and that’s just for one class. Plus I feel like I’m watching maybe 5 riders the whole time.

With supercross, each heat/lcq is a fresh start and the main event is the grand finale. Plus the racing is much tighter which is always more exciting Tongue
cbuehler767
10/12/2018 8:51pm
SX is boring after 6 rounds. 24 motos of MX just leave me wanting more. I don't remember after getting goosebumps watching SX like I did watching one of Tomac's epic rides. Whoever gets the holeshot pretty much wins indoors. Woah exciting.
cbuehler767
10/12/2018 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 8:54pm
Is this what we're gonna do now that we're getting smoked by the MXGP guys somehow spin how SX is superior? Not even close never will be
FWYT
10/12/2018 9:11pm
I pay for the TV package for the Nationals but never, ever watch SX.
Hell, next year I might switch that cash expense to the GPs in place of the Nationals.
Outdoors rules.
cbuehler767
10/12/2018 9:15pm
FWYT wrote:
I pay for the TV package for the Nationals but never, ever watch SX. Hell, next year I might switch that cash expense to the GPs...
I pay for the TV package for the Nationals but never, ever watch SX.
Hell, next year I might switch that cash expense to the GPs in place of the Nationals.
Outdoors rules.
HA! Same. I might watch half of the Supercross races, maybe. After seeing the GP riders in person at Red Bud I thought the same. These dudes rip time to get the MXGP package next yr. Outdoors rule
10/12/2018 9:19pm
Herlings is king outdoors, but why is outdoors the standard for talent? Supercross takes plenty of talent. Put Herlings on a sx track against Eli and...
Vital bro. I don't know man. Your post reads like an excuse to me. US Team took a whipping last weekend. It's just a race. Doesn't really prove anything except for France and Netherlands rode their butts off and won fair and square.
rutsmash
10/12/2018 9:21pm
The standard is not about talent, its about who wins. If it was about talent, most people would say James Stewart is ....I digress. We only have outdoors to compare and Herlings seems to win in all situations. All situations is the key and why people lean towards Herlings. Tomac has had confidence problems (or another way to put it, problems in high profile races), but so far, Herlings performs the same regardless of situation. That's the standard I think you really mean. Its easy to say Herlings can't compete in SX when he never has.
kb228
10/12/2018 9:21pm
I think most people hate it because of injuries.

I think SX is the highest risk, hardest to learn, biggest stage, most tv ratings, most fans, most money form of dirtbike racing on the planet. I really respect the guys for doing what they do on an sx track. Most people can go ride red bud but even more will get hurt on sx. Why do you think almost no local tracks have sx?

In my opinion being good at sx and mx creates a well rounded rider. Theyre not a one trick pony.
BR8ES
10/12/2018 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 9:31pm
.... it is a yawner after round 6 or so and way too many rounds. (edit- on TV)
toroP
10/12/2018 9:30pm
Look man, this shit gets settled by racing.
They raced. And it’s settled, until they race again.
And check yourself, Eli got smoked by a few people, not just JH.
Winter86
10/12/2018 9:31pm
I like outdoors but I love indoors and as a rider
myself I really enjoy racing indoors as well. I appreciate the fitness/speed/ skill of a National and the amazing balls it takes! Supercross on the other hand is methodical and takes talent/skill that’s refined, that itself appeals to me and I think it’s much easier to watch racers challenge each other over who’s got it. Outdoors definitely slows the action between competition but it sure as hell is amazing to watch when a great battle forms.
Outdoors are definitely tougher but not the show’
10/12/2018 9:32pm
I love both aspects of the sport, but as a spectator now, i enjoy Supercross much more than outdoors. Unfortunately outdoors is a thing of the past. The money and the focus in the future will be on Supercross more than outdoors. The GP's will always be second tier going forward. I personally hope for a Canadian Triple Crown type series in the future. A series that has some decent rest periods, but also has a mix of SX and Outdoors, worldwide. A true World Championship.
JWACK
10/12/2018 9:37pm
What's wrong with SX? Cookie cutter tracks and 450s. IMO
BikerScars
10/12/2018 10:22pm
No.
Trevor91
10/12/2018 10:24pm
Im not sure what planet you are currently on but on a normal sx track in 20 laps eli would not lap herlings. He's not some brandon's first race spode. We should be feeling lucky that he didnt stick around and take another million dollars from monster energy this weekend... dude is full of talent
BikeGuy321
10/12/2018 10:41pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Supercross is made for TV and not as impressive in person because the tracks are much slower and the jumps are smaller. Motocross is higher speeds...
Ewan49 wrote:
I'm a fan of both MX and SX for different reasons. But are you serious about SX not being impressive in person? Do you actually ride...
I'm a fan of both MX and SX for different reasons. But are you serious about SX not being impressive in person? Do you actually ride a bike? Go walk a SX track and tell me what those guys do on that track isn't impressive to watch!!
I meant it's not as impressive to me as outdoors. I just don't find the racing to be as good cuz the start is too important.
chump6784
10/12/2018 11:11pm
Me personally, I prefer to watch supercross. Even if first place checks out there is always a battle somewhere and the racing is tighter.

I'm not sure on the argument that supercross injures more riders is true either. Supercross is at the start of the season when most of the riders are competing, more riders competing mean more injuries
10/12/2018 11:22pm
Supercross keeps me interested for less than two months a year. After that I forget it's even on, let alone get excited about it.

Interesting topic though.
Well, it could've been a good thread if it weren't for the attempt to down play a 'mudder' because it proves nothing as SX is where the talent lies.
You guys are unbelievable. Let it go!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
10/12/2018 11:30pm
Trevor91 wrote:
Im not sure what planet you are currently on but on a normal sx track in 20 laps eli would not lap herlings. He's not some...
Im not sure what planet you are currently on but on a normal sx track in 20 laps eli would not lap herlings. He's not some brandon's first race spode. We should be feeling lucky that he didnt stick around and take another million dollars from monster energy this weekend... dude is full of talent
I agree, If Hearlings came over and rode the SX series he would be right in the mix for the championship.
.kyle
10/13/2018 12:35am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2018 2:21am
SX used to be good. The 250 class died in 05 and the 450 class died in 06 - just as thumpers took over completely.
The tracks are super boring because the 4jokes are too capable.

I would take mx over sx and day of the week. Mx is what started me riding not some indoor racing.
JFerry
10/13/2018 1:01am
SX is a different beast. Enduro, freestyle, straight rythm, etc, etc. Biggest problem is that it is dangerous. If you miss that jump, you may be in serious trouble. Leading to little training. During SX season they cannot train twice a day, 6 days a week. To keep fit they use those personal trainers, pilates, Jane's Fonda style training, that most of us find it shit. While Herlings is surfing twice a day through berms, ruts, etc, etc, those people are stretching in the gym.
wfo4ever
10/13/2018 1:07am
SX is a circus show. MX is motocross. But I have really enjoyed watching the MXGP races over the last few years a lot more than the Outdoor Nationals. The tracks are different, they are like real motocross and they get very rough. Our tracks have a lot of SX type jumps and they are all ripped deep with almost the same dirt composition. Herlings would easily win our Outdoors Series if he raced in the USA in my opinion.
10/13/2018 1:16am
Get rid of 450s and make the tracks hard and technical. I wanna see the amazing skills the top riders have. And cut it down to 12 races..

Post a reply to: What's so wrong with SX?

The Latest