What's next for Canard?

davistld01
7/23/2017 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 5:49am
DeCoster gave Trey Canard a great boost at Trey's retirement event saying he'd be great as an OEM brand rep in the industry. Anybody think KTM might pick him up to fill a spot for them a la Andrew Short has over at HRC Honda?
|
kiwifan
7/23/2017 8:39pm
They might do, I also wonder if Honda would be keen on getting him back there with Andrew ...not unheard of to have two ambassadors (Kawasaki has MC and RV) ...not sure what Dungey's role will be at KTM - I assume they want him for some kind of role there?
Jay Cee
7/23/2017 8:43pm
KTM have Dungey as an ambassador (all time champ!) my money says he becomes more involved with the church.

All bets welcome.
NorCal 50+
7/23/2017 8:44pm
Stand-up comedian, or Preacher. Or both! A very fast one.
mxjon454
7/23/2017 10:08pm
kiwifan wrote:
They might do, I also wonder if Honda would be keen on getting him back there with Andrew ...not unheard of to have two ambassadors (Kawasaki...
They might do, I also wonder if Honda would be keen on getting him back there with Andrew ...not unheard of to have two ambassadors (Kawasaki has MC and RV) ...not sure what Dungey's role will be at KTM - I assume they want him for some kind of role there?
Honda originally offered Canard the position that Short ended up getting this year because he wanted to keep racing. Maybe Geico offers him the position that Wil Hahn had prior to going to Star Yamaha?

The Shop

Swann
7/23/2017 10:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 10:41pm
Pastor at a soon-to-be-formed MegaChurch where he will use his experience of triumph, pain, adversity, defeat, perseverance, self-reflection and resolve to connect with the youth of today and help spread the Good Lord's word and also his 250 motor building mastery.

Or a brand ambassador. Andrew Short sure looks to be having fun.
milliebays
7/23/2017 10:48pm
Swann wrote:
Pastor at a soon-to-be-formed MegaChurch where he will use his experience of triumph, pain, adversity, defeat, perseverance, self-reflection and resolve to connect with the youth of...
Pastor at a soon-to-be-formed MegaChurch where he will use his experience of triumph, pain, adversity, defeat, perseverance, self-reflection and resolve to connect with the youth of today and help spread the Good Lord's word and also his 250 motor building mastery.

Or a brand ambassador. Andrew Short sure looks to be having fun.
he's far too honest to run a megachurch. dens of vipers they tend to be.
7/24/2017 12:18am
Jay Cee wrote:
KTM have Dungey as an ambassador (all time champ!) my money says he becomes more involved with the church.

All bets welcome.
Won't bet against that.

7/24/2017 5:42am
davistld01 wrote:
DeCoster gave Trey Canard a great boost at Trey's retirement event saying he'd be great as an OEM brand rep in the industry. Anybody think KTM...
DeCoster gave Trey Canard a great boost at Trey's retirement event saying he'd be great as an OEM brand rep in the industry. Anybody think KTM might pick him up to fill a spot for them a la Andrew Short has over at HRC Honda?
Well since MC represents Kawi, and Emig represents Husky.....and considering that Canard spent most of his career on Kawi and Honda, he should definitely represent Suzuki. It would be a perfect fit.
Swann
7/24/2017 5:49am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 5:57am
Well since MC represents Kawi, and Emig represents Husky.....and considering that Canard spent most of his career on Kawi and Honda, he should definitely represent Suzuki...
Well since MC represents Kawi, and Emig represents Husky.....and considering that Canard spent most of his career on Kawi and Honda, he should definitely represent Suzuki. It would be a perfect fit.
LOL. Seriously though... none of it makes any sense and it's hilarious.

And what's more bizarre is they don't/can't tie their past performances and championships to those brands so what's the point of having them rep those brands? It's almost impossible to disassociate a championship winning pro rider with a brand.

Has McGrath's association with Kawasaki given them a boost in sales? I bet not. I bet Axell Hodges sells more Kawis than McGrath.

Carmichael should start repping KTM.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
7/24/2017 6:36am
canard's gonna stay being a youth pastor.
spd721
7/24/2017 8:12am
I saw on his website that he's gotten into doing podcasts. Has anyone listened to them?

Post a reply to: What's next for Canard?

The Latest