What's next for Canard?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2017 8:08 PM

DeCoster gave Trey Canard a great boost at Trey's retirement event saying he'd be great as an OEM brand rep in the industry. Anybody think KTM might pick him up to fill a spot for them a la Andrew Short has over at HRC Honda?

|

7/23/2017 8:39 PM

They might do, I also wonder if Honda would be keen on getting him back there with Andrew ...not unheard of to have two ambassadors (Kawasaki has MC and RV) ...not sure what Dungey's role will be at KTM - I assume they want him for some kind of role there?

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

7/23/2017 8:43 PM

KTM have Dungey as an ambassador (all time champ!) my money says he becomes more involved with the church.

All bets welcome.

|

7/23/2017 8:44 PM

Stand-up comedian, or Preacher. Or both! A very fast one.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

7/23/2017 10:08 PM

kiwifan wrote:

They might do, I also wonder if Honda would be keen on getting him back there with Andrew ...not unheard of to have two ambassadors (Kawasaki has MC and RV) ...not sure what Dungey's role will be at KTM - I assume they want him for some kind of role there?

Honda originally offered Canard the position that Short ended up getting this year because he wanted to keep racing. Maybe Geico offers him the position that Wil Hahn had prior to going to Star Yamaha?

|

7/23/2017 10:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2017 10:41 PM

Pastor at a soon-to-be-formed MegaChurch where he will use his experience of triumph, pain, adversity, defeat, perseverance, self-reflection and resolve to connect with the youth of today and help spread the Good Lord's word and also his 250 motor building mastery.

Or a brand ambassador. Andrew Short sure looks to be having fun.

|

7/23/2017 10:48 PM

Swann wrote:

Pastor at a soon-to-be-formed MegaChurch where he will use his experience of triumph, pain, adversity, defeat, perseverance, self-reflection and resolve to connect with the youth of today and help spread the Good Lord's word and also his 250 motor building mastery.

Or a brand ambassador. Andrew Short sure looks to be having fun.

he's far too honest to run a megachurch. dens of vipers they tend to be.

|

7/24/2017 12:18 AM

Jay Cee wrote:

KTM have Dungey as an ambassador (all time champ!) my money says he becomes more involved with the church.

All bets welcome.

Won't bet against that.
Photo

|

7/24/2017 12:57 AM

^ great picture

|

7/24/2017 5:42 AM

davistld01 wrote:

DeCoster gave Trey Canard a great boost at Trey's retirement event saying he'd be great as an OEM brand rep in the industry. Anybody think KTM might pick him up to fill a spot for them a la Andrew Short has over at HRC Honda?

Well since MC represents Kawi, and Emig represents Husky.....and considering that Canard spent most of his career on Kawi and Honda, he should definitely represent Suzuki. It would be a perfect fit.

|

7/24/2017 5:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2017 5:57 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Well since MC represents Kawi, and Emig represents Husky.....and considering that Canard spent most of his career on Kawi and Honda, he should definitely represent Suzuki. It would be a perfect fit.

LOL. Seriously though... none of it makes any sense and it's hilarious.

And what's more bizarre is they don't/can't tie their past performances and championships to those brands so what's the point of having them rep those brands? It's almost impossible to disassociate a championship winning pro rider with a brand.

Has McGrath's association with Kawasaki given them a boost in sales? I bet not. I bet Axell Hodges sells more Kawis than McGrath.

Carmichael should start repping KTM.

|

7/24/2017 6:36 AM

canard's gonna stay being a youth pastor.

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

7/24/2017 8:12 AM

I saw on his website that he's gotten into doing podcasts. Has anyone listened to them?

|