What's next for Alessi?...seriously

pamoto
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:50am
For whatever reason the 350 isn't helping Alessi. Does he have a one or two year deal with KTM? I know of all the burned bridges but this year has to be a huge disappointment. Should he try the 450 if he's allowed which is doubtful with all the press about the 350? He is now 7th in points.

|
KAWboy14
7/3/2010 3:56pm
it cant be the 350...he has already proved the 350 has what it takes to be up front. something else has to be wrong, Maybe he has overtrained, he has over expected to much from himself, depression from going backwards....SOMETHING!
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
7/3/2010 3:59pm
I thought he was experiencing health problems of some kind.

The Shop

moto329
7/3/2010 4:35pm
What's next? Another epic meltdown would be pretty entertaining. Maybe start jumping on Sipes bike in a struggle for 9th?
sdfog1
7/3/2010 5:02pm
I think winning the second moto at Hangtown was a bad thing for him. Hear me out here. He was a huge question mark coming in, and pulling that holeshot and pulling away made him think he had it on lockdown after that. We all remember how cocky he became after that, he was way over confident. Getting beat so much has slammed his confidence down so low that he doesn't truly believe that he can win anymore. He may have convinced himself that his bike sucks, that he himself sucks, that Tony is hindering him, or something along those lines (maybe all of the above even). Whatever it is, it is not good. Mike just needs to think back to last year and start believing that he can holeshot on the 350.
Torco1
7/3/2010 5:02pm
Deegan is helping him start a new clothing company.

MxNate701
7/3/2010 5:28pm
Maybe he's just not as good as Tony made us believe?
500guy
7/3/2010 5:32pm
Lets face it, Hangtown most of the guy's were unprepared because they raced Supercross for 17 weeks.

They had two weeks to get it figured out and they did

, Alessi went backwards and the 350 is a disadvantage plus it isn't set up right, it's beating him to death.
hacker 522
7/3/2010 5:33pm
MxNate701 wrote:
Maybe he's just not as good as Tony made us believe?
ahhhhhhh yes...................."the hype"

"We will win a championship and when we do we will keep on winning championships. " They really do believe the hype. Is it like "the force"?
I'm so confused!!!!!
Ozzy
7/3/2010 6:02pm
What's wrong?
Why this?
Why that?
Tony?
350?
450?
For me & frankly ALL OF US, that answer is an answer that
we can really only choose to speculate on or have an opinion on.
However, my thoughts are going to be very brief.
IT'S NOT THE BIKE!
My 2cents...........
Dave O.Wink
MxNate701
7/3/2010 6:06pm
The Alessi's defy every other law of Nature, why not Gravity too. Oh, and they also use the Court of Law to there favor and it will probably end like an episode of Law and Order, Tony dead, Mike framed and the girlfriend guilty. You can't make this stuff up, oh wait I just did.
WhKnuckle
7/3/2010 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2010 6:14pm
Frankly, I'm just not sure that Mike Alessi has the ability to win a title. When he's ridden under control, he's never been quite fast enough to win a title - like in his 250 days and in '07 on the 450; when he's ridden fast enough to win a title he's crashed out of the series.

When you ride under control so you can finish and you don't win, and then you ride fast enough to win but you crash, then maybe you're just not as good as the other guys. That's the way it goes - 40 guys line up and only one wins. Somebody has to be second, third or fourth best. And no amount of training is going to change that. There's no shame in that. All that proves is you're a normal human being.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
7/3/2010 6:21pm
Just back from Red Bud and really obviously #800 was having trouble clearing the leap. He didn't jump it for most of the weekend, Finally did it in Moto 2 after 2 or 3 laps and not every lap. He had to go to the outside line, wide open and looked like Bubba on his 125 two-stroke (or was it the 250 two-stroke), bike totally vertical, kissing the front fender.

Regal passed him there in the 2nd moto, clearing the leap when 800 doubled.

I don't know if the bike is underpowered, I mean Pourcel cleared it on the 250F, or not set up properly or whatever. For sure Mike is a 5th to 8th rider right now, now a title contender.
hacker 522
7/3/2010 6:25pm
Seriously I think Mike needs to come to terms with the fact that he is not going to be one of the greats. Settle in and become one of the many awesome racers and accept it. From his first race as a pro he was brought up to believe he was better than the best. A humble approach like RD seems to be more productive. Cut the bullshit and the excuses and focus on the talent that he does have. Oh and pay off his old man to compensate for him giving his life to racing, and walk the hell away from that train wreck.
Ozzy
7/3/2010 7:09pm
To clarify Shenzi's comments :
Most top 250F guys do the leap.
Witnessed it far to many times over the recent yrs.
The 350 is fine!
Dave O.Wink
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
7/3/2010 7:18pm
Mike needs Payton....
FlaNard
7/3/2010 7:25pm
The bike doesnt fit him. He looks shitty on it, he looks underpowered on it, and it bounces everywhere. Watch him on the RMZ and then watch him today. He has raced his whole life. It isnt like he all the sudden forgot how. 350 works for AC, but a 450 works for Mikey.
Racer92
7/3/2010 7:30pm
FlaNard wrote:
The bike doesnt fit him. He looks shitty on it, he looks underpowered on it, and it bounces everywhere. Watch him on the RMZ and then...
The bike doesnt fit him. He looks shitty on it, he looks underpowered on it, and it bounces everywhere. Watch him on the RMZ and then watch him today. He has raced his whole life. It isnt like he all the sudden forgot how. 350 works for AC, but a 450 works for Mikey.
Im a fan of KTM and what they are doing with their diverse line of bikes, but Mikey was on a far better bike last year and it showed.
Ozzy
7/3/2010 7:33pm
Yo Shenzi:
How many 250F's were doing the leap this year?
Seems odd, Pourcel was the only 1.
So...........
Dave O.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
7/3/2010 7:34pm
I believe Pourcel is the only 250F rider who jumped it today, and only once I think, but I may have missed some.
DrSweden
7/3/2010 7:51pm
Shenzi wrote:
I believe Pourcel is the only 250F rider who jumped it today, and only once I think, but I may have missed some.
Another proof that CP is a badass!
Bookmark
7/3/2010 8:11pm
pamoto wrote:
For whatever reason the 350 isn't helping Alessi. Does he have a one or two year deal with KTM? I know of all the burned bridges...
For whatever reason the 350 isn't helping Alessi. Does he have a one or two year deal with KTM? I know of all the burned bridges but this year has to be a huge disappointment. Should he try the 450 if he's allowed which is doubtful with all the press about the 350? He is now 7th in points.

350 help Alessi? Watch the 2nd moto from Red Bud and Mike was about a half a bike behind just over the gate. 450's are just that much better/faster outdoors. Last year Mike was up front and winning races and now on the KTM 350, he's slipped back to be lucky to be in the top 10. I think if Mike was on a 450 right now, he's at least be getting off the gate and around the 1st turn in the top 3. Even in Europe the KTM 350 is starting to slip back and stoped winning overalls.

The KTM 350 might be an awesome Vet mechine (and this is unproven), but it's not for the Pro's.
sdfog1
7/3/2010 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2010 9:30pm
pamoto wrote:
For whatever reason the 350 isn't helping Alessi. Does he have a one or two year deal with KTM? I know of all the burned bridges...

Bookmark wrote:
350 help Alessi? Watch the 2nd moto from Red Bud and Mike was about a half a bike behind just over the gate. 450's are just...
350 help Alessi? Watch the 2nd moto from Red Bud and Mike was about a half a bike behind just over the gate. 450's are just that much better/faster outdoors. Last year Mike was up front and winning races and now on the KTM 350, he's slipped back to be lucky to be in the top 10. I think if Mike was on a 450 right now, he's at least be getting off the gate and around the 1st turn in the top 3. Even in Europe the KTM 350 is starting to slip back and stoped winning overalls.

The KTM 350 might be an awesome Vet mechine (and this is unproven), but it's not for the Pro's.
Yeah, the 350 got pulled so bad on the start at Glen Helen against all of those 450s at the GP (sarcasm). Someone post the picture where Mike and Tony are at least a bike length ahead of everyone else. It's just that Alessi doesn't believe that he's gonna holeshot anymore.

I'm jus' sayin'
adamdf
7/3/2010 8:55pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
it cant be the 350...he has already proved the 350 has what it takes to be up front. something else has to be wrong, Maybe he...
it cant be the 350...he has already proved the 350 has what it takes to be up front. something else has to be wrong, Maybe he has overtrained, he has over expected to much from himself, depression from going backwards....SOMETHING!
I think he put too much pressure on himself. I mean he hasn't raced nationals in over a year and missed supercross too, i think mentally its a lot to come back from, what Alessi is lacking is that comfortable feeling with his program, once again everything is all new this season and it has to (i would think) take some time to settle into things and get a rhythm going..imho its too much to come back and expect to take the championship the same year, the last fulls season he had was in 07 on the KTM 450, i think he needs to build on his program and then look at to the title, not the other way around.
ridge
7/3/2010 9:43pm
sdfog1 wrote:
Yeah, the 350 got pulled so bad on the start at Glen Helen against all of those 450s at the GP (sarcasm). Someone post the picture...
Yeah, the 350 got pulled so bad on the start at Glen Helen against all of those 450s at the GP (sarcasm). Someone post the picture where Mike and Tony are at least a bike length ahead of everyone else. It's just that Alessi doesn't believe that he's gonna holeshot anymore.

I'm jus' sayin'
I really did lol at your comment about Mike and Tony. Nice job!

In a twisted way, I'd really like to see the cameras at the Alessi compound this season. Tony's newest training method...waterboarding.
sdfog1
7/3/2010 9:50pm
sdfog1 wrote:
Yeah, the 350 got pulled so bad on the start at Glen Helen against all of those 450s at the GP (sarcasm). Someone post the picture...

I'm jus' sayin'
ridge wrote:
I really did lol at your comment about Mike and Tony. Nice job! In a twisted way, I'd really like to see the cameras at the...
I really did lol at your comment about Mike and Tony. Nice job!

In a twisted way, I'd really like to see the cameras at the Alessi compound this season. Tony's newest training method...waterboarding.
Haha, I had to throw that in there. Yes, I feel the same way! It would be like watching a gruesome fight, you want to look away but you can't do it! Lol-waterboarding. I'm betting Tony is studying psychology to get Mike back in correct mental shape. Bit of an oxymoron thereDry

Post a reply to: What's next for Alessi?...seriously

The Latest