New Technology
Riding area's or lack of
Poll

Most influential to enter the sport

Choices
|
BR8ES
11/10/2018 7:45pm
??? If you want newbs instead of old guys, therefore growth, then it had to be appeal, access and affordability.
jeffro503
11/10/2018 7:45pm
Riding area's probably? Because without those , the cost of bikes and new technology doesn't really matter....if you can't ride them. At least with having an area to ride at , maybe might spark an interest in people's minds to buy them bikes with great new technology?
BR8ES
11/10/2018 7:46pm
All of which are elusive... enjoy the sport while we can.
jeffro503
11/10/2018 8:06pm
BR8ES wrote:
All of which are elusive... enjoy the sport while we can.
I'm not worried about any of it being taken from us in our life time. If you can afford it , have a place to ride , and you feel healthy enough.......just do it! Laughing Anyone ever tries to take my bikes away and tells me I can't have any more fun , It'll be their last day on earth.

The Shop

mikec265
11/10/2018 11:06pm
New technology means nothing.
I'd say it's a 50/50 split between the other two.
MotoMo165
11/10/2018 11:16pm
My older brother just got into the sport. He didn’t, and still at this moment follows 0 riders, doesn’t watch the races (that’ll change soon), doesn’t even fully understand how incredible it is yet. He wanted to get into it to be able to ride with me.. I think family is the main thing that will continue to grow the sports (family, sometimes friends, kids?), Which will always be happening, unless of course, we stop riding haha.

I think afordability is the most important part. in the next 10 years, people will be able to buy a used 2019, have the engine redone, suspension gone thru and cleaned up, and fuck, bad ass mother ducking bike for around 4K (assuming you find one for 2k). Then another grand for all the gear. 5k entry, assuming you already have a truck.
But hey, you can already do that with 2 strokes so maybe this won’t be much of a factor.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
11/11/2018 5:57am
MotoMo165 wrote:
My older brother just got into the sport. He didn’t, and still at this moment follows 0 riders, doesn’t watch the races (that’ll change soon), doesn’t...
My older brother just got into the sport. He didn’t, and still at this moment follows 0 riders, doesn’t watch the races (that’ll change soon), doesn’t even fully understand how incredible it is yet. He wanted to get into it to be able to ride with me.. I think family is the main thing that will continue to grow the sports (family, sometimes friends, kids?), Which will always be happening, unless of course, we stop riding haha.

I think afordability is the most important part. in the next 10 years, people will be able to buy a used 2019, have the engine redone, suspension gone thru and cleaned up, and fuck, bad ass mother ducking bike for around 4K (assuming you find one for 2k). Then another grand for all the gear. 5k entry, assuming you already have a truck.
But hey, you can already do that with 2 strokes so maybe this won’t be much of a factor.
That's cool that your Brother just got into Moto, just curious how old is he ?
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
11/11/2018 6:05am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 6:07am
In My opinion more technology is not needed at least not at this time , and for the Health of the sport it could actually take a couple steps back
Is electric start
Starting devices
Traction control
Mapping buttons
Is any of that really necessary to bounce around a motocross track for 15 to 35 minutes at a time with your Buddy or 40 of your buddys.
But I really think riding area's is what really needs to be focused on , in some area's more than others, 2nd would be cost ,
But it's really hard to buy even a $5000 Bike with places to ride being far and few
tkimb
11/11/2018 8:49am
Tarz483 wrote:
In My opinion more technology is not needed at least not at this time , and for the Health of the sport it could actually take...
In My opinion more technology is not needed at least not at this time , and for the Health of the sport it could actually take a couple steps back
Is electric start
Starting devices
Traction control
Mapping buttons
Is any of that really necessary to bounce around a motocross track for 15 to 35 minutes at a time with your Buddy or 40 of your buddys.
But I really think riding area's is what really needs to be focused on , in some area's more than others, 2nd would be cost ,
But it's really hard to buy even a $5000 Bike with places to ride being far and few
Agreed, almost wish one of them would offer a "budget" bike, without all the fancy stuff on it. Regular guys don't need holeshot devices, different mapping, electric start, hydraulic clutch, fancy rims and exhaust. Car makers have been able to do it, hell there are brand new cars now that are cheaper than brand new bikes.
I'm sure it would be more difficult than the cars given the size, but I can't imagine a basic brand new bike a thousand or two cheaper than the high end one not being hugely popular.

It's a lot of money for a "toy" that normally doesn't get used fairly often.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
11/11/2018 10:02am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 10:03am
Tarz483 wrote:
In My opinion more technology is not needed at least not at this time , and for the Health of the sport it could actually take...
Is electric start
Starting devices
Traction control
Mapping buttons
tkimb wrote:
Agreed, almost wish one of them would offer a "budget" bike, without all the fancy stuff on it. Regular guys don't need holeshot devices, different mapping...
Agreed, almost wish one of them would offer a "budget" bike, without all the fancy stuff on it. Regular guys don't need holeshot devices, different mapping, electric start, hydraulic clutch, fancy rims and exhaust. Car makers have been able to do it, hell there are brand new cars now that are cheaper than brand new bikes.
I'm sure it would be more difficult than the cars given the size, but I can't imagine a basic brand new bike a thousand or two cheaper than the high end one not being hugely popular.

It's a lot of money for a "toy" that normally doesn't get used fairly often.
It Kinda did seem Like that this year with the 2018
Kawasaki's and Suzuki's
Being heavily discounted and both slightly behind in technology with no electric start , which im ok with
And i think the average intermediate Riders would be
Just as fast on a 2018 RMZ or KX as they would on anything. I think they did sell good at the Discount prices
I saw them New as low as $5000
I would have bought a New 2018 KXF250
For that price if i could have , but i didnt have the cash , and personally i couldn't qualify for a loan on one , but great deal imo , and kinda fits in with the budget brand though
Even though they didnt do on purpose i dont think
MotoMo165
11/11/2018 10:32am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 10:33am
MotoMo165 wrote:
My older brother just got into the sport. He didn’t, and still at this moment follows 0 riders, doesn’t watch the races (that’ll change soon), doesn’t...

Tarz483 wrote:
26 I think
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
11/11/2018 10:57am
MotoMo165 wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:
MotoMo165 wrote:
26 I think
Thats cool , i cant see anyone getting into the sport without
A close family member or friend
Steering them that way , i think its pretty rare anyway,
I was one of those people that the first time i ever saw a dirt bike i was in love , i dont know why. But it was just extremely appealing to me i was totally drawn to it , i had no family or friends that rode , it took years but i knew i wanted a dirtbike from the first time i ever saw one ,
I clearly remember being like 5 and seeing a Kawasaki shop and they had a row of KX's sitting outside like right up front on the sidewalk
And i got to sit on a kx 65 and that memory never left me
Any way just seems expensive and alusive to try to do these days imo
11/11/2018 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 6:59pm
I voted places to ride, but cost is definitely tied in there too. I have nowhere close to ride anymore. Places I used to go ride for fun when I was young are now either housing developments or littered with no trespassing signs. Kids, teens, and adults in town used to ride the railroad tracks to this abandoned clay mine. It was a well known spot, I used to have a blast back there and no one cared. I remember as a kid hearing a whole gang of 2 strokes going down the tracks. Cant do that anymore.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
11/11/2018 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 7:17pm
I voted places to ride, but cost is definitely tied in there too. I have nowhere close to ride anymore. Places I used to go ride...
I voted places to ride, but cost is definitely tied in there too. I have nowhere close to ride anymore. Places I used to go ride for fun when I was young are now either housing developments or littered with no trespassing signs. Kids, teens, and adults in town used to ride the railroad tracks to this abandoned clay mine. It was a well known spot, I used to have a blast back there and no one cared. I remember as a kid hearing a whole gang of 2 strokes going down the tracks. Cant do that anymore.
Yeah its really crazy how much its changed over the past 20 years give or take , in some states more than others , i have been wondering if anyone is even working on it, and i honestly think the answer is No , im seriously considering
Starting a business just for that, someone needs to, anybody want to join me ?
MotoMo165
11/11/2018 9:16pm
^ would be political and very expensive to get to that point. If I’m reading your post correctly..

Post a reply to: What's more influential to enter the sport

The Latest