Whats more influential to enter the sport?

jsmi33966
Edited Date/Time 11/8/2018 7:52am
Poll

Whats more influential for people to enter the sport?

Choices
|
FuzzyLogic
11/6/2018 11:41am
How about "The Parents". I would guess that 95% of people got into this sport while still under their parents watch (and checkbook!) I'd also guess a high percentage have / had a parent that rode at one point.

Also, what are you referring to with technology in this instance? The advancement of the bikes, safety equipment...other??
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
11/6/2018 11:56am
"I want to start riding, but I'm not sure I'll like it. What does it cost?"

"I want to start riding, and I must have the absolute cutting-edge product. It should be the best of the best."

Which statement describes most people?
Frank
11/6/2018 12:11pm
1. With the cost of health care in the usa I don't know a single parent that would let their kids ride/race dirt bikes even if the bikes were free lol.

2. The kids themselves are not into the adrenaline/risk aspect of life like prior generations. They would rather "put it all on the line" in a battle royal video game and feel like they accomplished something.

3. Tracks don't cater to peewee or mini riders. Why spend $4,500 on a peewee with no dedicated peewee track to ride them on?

4. It's not the cost. Kids are rocking $1,000 phones/year and parents are fine with that expense.

5. It is not the technology. If its not cool to show off on instabanger or flakebook kids don't care. Chic's don't dig dirt bike dudes who don't race and racing is too much work for this generation.

The Shop

Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
11/6/2018 1:26pm
Frank wrote:
1. With the cost of health care in the usa I don't know a single parent that would let their kids ride/race dirt bikes even if...
1. With the cost of health care in the usa I don't know a single parent that would let their kids ride/race dirt bikes even if the bikes were free lol.

2. The kids themselves are not into the adrenaline/risk aspect of life like prior generations. They would rather "put it all on the line" in a battle royal video game and feel like they accomplished something.

3. Tracks don't cater to peewee or mini riders. Why spend $4,500 on a peewee with no dedicated peewee track to ride them on?

4. It's not the cost. Kids are rocking $1,000 phones/year and parents are fine with that expense.

5. It is not the technology. If its not cool to show off on instabanger or flakebook kids don't care. Chic's don't dig dirt bike dudes who don't race and racing is too much work for this generation.

Its hard being in high school saying that you actively race moto....you get looked at like a redneck moron. I try to convince my buddies to get into the sport but they would rather devote their time to wrestling, basketball, fortnite and other boring sick and ball sports.
Naanak
11/6/2018 1:43pm
“I want to start or buy my kid a bike but there’s no where to go” all I hear when neighbors or others ask about it
kiwifan
11/6/2018 1:55pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
EFI, dual exhaust ,e-start
Yes we know you dont like the new CRF250F's with EFI (as it has raised the cost slightly) !! So you thought a vote would make you feel better?

New CRF cost
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
11/6/2018 1:58pm
On another note , it's Not always easy to get a loan on a Dirtbike, very Good Credit needed, I Can't Afford to pay cash for a bike.
But I Can walk into sprint and Get 2 Phones that are $960 a piece, the most expensive ones that they Had at the time
With unlimited Data
And pay $150 a month
True story.
mikec265
11/7/2018 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2018 9:58pm
Frank wrote:
1. With the cost of health care in the usa I don't know a single parent that would let their kids ride/race dirt bikes even if...

#3 is a big one. I built a peewee/pitbike track with that being a big reason. If a kid has a brain fart and stops in a blind landing area on a big bike track .... Blah blah blah. I don't want my 4 year old on a big track period. In a way renting a piece of equipment to make a peewee track is a good way to get kids more Moto for your $. Just don't buy $4500 50cc bikes and the cost offsets. I payed about $800 for a dozer rental which is enough for a safe kids track.
A couple used XR50s and a Pw50 were about $500 each. We can ride all the time without the hassle of loading and driving 1 to 3 hours away.

I might add that the Chinese kids sized bikes have come a long way. I bought a 110cc full manual that is about the same size/weight as a Honda xr50/crf50(automatic and semi auto are available too). $560 shipped to the house. Hardest thing is upshifting takes to much strength for the kids. I figure welding 2 shifters to make a heal/toe shifter should do the trick. Suspension is about 2-3 times better than a stock Jap 50 too. The deal is no KX65 until the kid can ride the manual 110. The thing has enough torque to click 1st gear without the clutch or throttle being used.

The quality blew me away for the price so I bought myself a new 125cc for $830 shipped and sold my old KLX110 with a few goodies on it for $900. The thing is almost as big as an 85, 35 inch seat height. Way more comfortable and out performs a Japanese pitbike in every way especially the suspension and hydraulic brakes. They just don't shift as smooth and you better check every nut and bolt before riding. You can't beat them for the price. They out perform trail bikes and cost way less.

Anyhow, my point is that you can get kids into dirtbikes relatively cheap if you think outside of normal thinking. I would rather have these cheaper new bikes than a used name brand bike. Parts are cheap and hell a new engine is only about $200.
If parts break, your bank account doesn't.

I would love to see the big 5 manufacturers cut costs for consumers and ship new bikes to our houses. My local dealers are about worthless. If someone can't figure out how to uncrate a bike they shouldn't own one in the first place.

Take a look at this site (or one like it) if you are on a budget for a kids bike or pitbike. It could price you back into a cool sport, and away from the soccer fields!
http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/33

ForToo
11/8/2018 12:34am
I was bound and determined to either be a garbage man or motorcycle maniac at the age of four. Went the maniac route.
11/8/2018 5:25am
Frank wrote:

Marty1028 wrote:
Its hard being in high school saying that you actively race moto....you get looked at like a redneck moron. I try to convince my buddies to...
Its hard being in high school saying that you actively race moto....you get looked at like a redneck moron. I try to convince my buddies to get into the sport but they would rather devote their time to wrestling, basketball, fortnite and other boring sick and ball sports.
Dude that’s so true. Theres a pit in my town where a bunch of goons with clapped out quads ride so it makes the stereotype 1000x worse
tprice07
11/8/2018 7:52am
Where's the....availability of riding areas option.

Post a reply to: Whats more influential to enter the sport?

The Latest