What’s in your “Moto-toolbox” ?

imoto34
Fantasy
3061st
10/31/2017 9:37am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2017 9:41am
KimJongUn wrote:
This is my box, then I throw a couple of T-Handles and a can of chain lube in the top and go. If I'm driving more...
This is my box, then I throw a couple of T-Handles and a can of chain lube in the top and go. If I'm driving more than an hour or so I usually bring a tote with spare parts and fluids. I keep brake and clutch levers in my gear bag... only cuz I'm always dragging my handlebar. I never tip over Woohoo

aspiess328 wrote:
Where did you get the foam from? I've been wanting to do the same to my toolbox drawers, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for...
Where did you get the foam from? I've been wanting to do the same to my toolbox drawers, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!
This is not my box but do know that you can buy the foam for cheap from eBay/amazon and then trace/cut it out however you wish.

edit- now thinking back I recall tracing and then using a router to cut the foam. I left bottoms in it instead of tools being down on the metal drawers. If you wanted the foam cut out in holes so that the tools lay all the way down in your toolbox, you could use a scroll saw for a factory looking set up.
twotwosix
10/31/2017 9:50am
I gave up on transferring tools into my 'track box' I just bought duplicates of all the things I need trackside so that I don't borrow from the track box for the garage and end up forgetting to put it back. Nothing worse than showing up to the track and realizing the tool you need is at home on your work bench!
imoto34
Fantasy
3061st
10/31/2017 10:08am
twotwosix wrote:
I gave up on transferring tools into my 'track box' I just bought duplicates of all the things I need trackside so that I don't borrow...
I gave up on transferring tools into my 'track box' I just bought duplicates of all the things I need trackside so that I don't borrow from the track box for the garage and end up forgetting to put it back. Nothing worse than showing up to the track and realizing the tool you need is at home on your work bench!
Great advise. When at the track, so little work needs done(hopefully) that you can take a couple hundred bucks and buy a small toolbox and the tools you need for the track.
10/31/2017 11:27am
Awesome guys.. I think I’m going to go with building a “track box” so I don’t have to take stuff from the main tool box and then run the risk of forgetting/misplacing.. snap on guy comes on mondays, wish me luck! Tongue

The Shop

twotwosix
10/31/2017 11:42am
Awesome guys.. I think I’m going to go with building a “track box” so I don’t have to take stuff from the main tool box and...
Awesome guys.. I think I’m going to go with building a “track box” so I don’t have to take stuff from the main tool box and then run the risk of forgetting/misplacing.. snap on guy comes on mondays, wish me luck! Tongue
Good luck with the tool man! Snappy will bend you over if you let them! But it's serious quality and if you only want to buy it once ever, a great investment.

Most of my track stuff stuff is either Motion Pro or from Harbor Freight! lol
imoto34
Fantasy
3061st
10/31/2017 11:44am
Awesome guys.. I think I’m going to go with building a “track box” so I don’t have to take stuff from the main tool box and...
Before blowing a billfold full of cash on Snap On tools, check Harbor Freight. If you don't get the email with all the coupons, PM me with your email and I can forward on the recent ones. After years and years of going to the track all the time, i found that the people you loan tools to are more likely to bring them back if they are not for example a 100 ratchet or wrench.
10/31/2017 12:05pm
imoto34 wrote:
Before blowing a billfold full of cash on Snap On tools, check Harbor Freight. If you don't get the email with all the coupons, PM me...
Before blowing a billfold full of cash on Snap On tools, check Harbor Freight. If you don't get the email with all the coupons, PM me with your email and I can forward on the recent ones. After years and years of going to the track all the time, i found that the people you loan tools to are more likely to bring them back if they are not for example a 100 ratchet or wrench.
Yep lol, I also tend to lose tools at the track a lot but that might just be me
olympiamann
10/31/2017 1:06pm

Its all in my 14 foot trailer ready to go...Bottom box for extra stuff like bolts, grips, throttle tubes,levers, filters,chains and all that stuff...Top box has the tools...Ive had that top box since i was 17 years old and im 48 now...Some of Those stickers on that top box are from the 80s man....Get it of the floor is the best way i have found...

10/31/2017 1:49pm
imoto34 wrote:
Before blowing a billfold full of cash on Snap On tools, check Harbor Freight. If you don't get the email with all the coupons, PM me...
I’m a RV/Trailer Technician so unfortunately me and the snap on guy know eachother pretty well.. I usually just buy their electric diagnostic equipment.
TXDirt
10/31/2017 2:06pm
brake line bleeding kit

KMC440
10/31/2017 2:16pm
Condoms, lots of condoms. Cool
peelout
10/31/2017 2:30pm
torque wrench
JWACK
10/31/2017 2:50pm
I always put a stash of pain meds in the go ride box.
Never know.
snackfedbear
10/31/2017 3:48pm
Me likey! What brand are those?
They're called Hexpro. I think I got them off rocky mountain?.. Not sure but I know they have them on amazon. They are seriously really, really convenient. I can't use Allen keys anymore i lose my shit
Keith72
10/31/2017 4:42pm
Me likey! What brand are those?
They're called Hexpro. I think I got them off rocky mountain?.. Not sure but I know they have them on amazon. They are seriously really, really...
They're called Hexpro. I think I got them off rocky mountain?.. Not sure but I know they have them on amazon. They are seriously really, really convenient. I can't use Allen keys anymore i lose my shit
thats one hell of a mark up from motion pro. $31 on amazon and $71 for motion pro on rmatvmc.
KimJongUn
10/31/2017 4:59pm
KimJongUn wrote:
This is my box, then I throw a couple of T-Handles and a can of chain lube in the top and go. If I'm driving more...
This is my box, then I throw a couple of T-Handles and a can of chain lube in the top and go. If I'm driving more than an hour or so I usually bring a tote with spare parts and fluids. I keep brake and clutch levers in my gear bag... only cuz I'm always dragging my handlebar. I never tip over Woohoo

aspiess328 wrote:
Where did you get the foam from? I've been wanting to do the same to my toolbox drawers, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for...
Where did you get the foam from? I've been wanting to do the same to my toolbox drawers, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!
imoto34 wrote:
This is not my box but do know that you can buy the foam for cheap from eBay/amazon and then trace/cut it out however you wish...
This is not my box but do know that you can buy the foam for cheap from eBay/amazon and then trace/cut it out however you wish.

edit- now thinking back I recall tracing and then using a router to cut the foam. I left bottoms in it instead of tools being down on the metal drawers. If you wanted the foam cut out in holes so that the tools lay all the way down in your toolbox, you could use a scroll saw for a factory looking set up.
I believe I got it from 5Ssupplies.com

Just google 5S tool foam and I'm sure you can find other places. The color foam is thinner, and the black has adhesive on the back so you can stick it to the colored sheet. Makes it easy to identify when a tool is missing.

Also, there is a company called replicade who did my toolbox in my garage (see below). It's all laser cut and fits perfectly. Does get expensive quick though.

endo
10/31/2017 5:03pm
B

Beer....
BAMX
10/31/2017 6:02pm
mingham97 wrote:
You couldn't pay me to work out of that
newmann wrote:
What, way too many tools than needed for the job?:) My 2013 KTM150 came with this tool kit. I took damn near the entire bike apart...
What, way too many tools than needed for the job?Smile

My 2013 KTM150 came with this tool kit. I took damn near the entire bike apart with it to paint the frame. They really know how to do things right.
mingham97 wrote:
Nah I'm super OCD with my tool box and can't stand not having all my sockets etc. in perfect order. It's the easiest way to work...
Nah I'm super OCD with my tool box and can't stand not having all my sockets etc. in perfect order. It's the easiest way to work out if something is missing before you head out to the track. Nothing worse then leaving a 10mm socket/t-handle/ring spanner at home!
I admit that it isn't all organized like my big box but it has everything that I would ever need on a track day. Stuff is right there and easy to find. The best part is that it doesn't take up any room.
Myke
Fantasy
2770th
10/31/2017 6:25pm
Wow all the great tool boxes and no one has mentioned a sag scale and the special brass punch for your rear spring lock collar.

snackfedbear
10/31/2017 10:52pm
Keith72 wrote:
thats one hell of a mark up from motion pro. $31 on amazon and $71 for motion pro on rmatvmc.
Damn. I don't remember paying that much for em!
piscokid
11/1/2017 6:37pm
Keep an eye on Craftsman. They will run specials and you can buy a nice 189 piece tool set in a plastic "tool box" pretty cheap. It will have standard and metric sockets in 1/2, 3/8, 1/4 along with allen keys and a bunch of other things. Great box for the truck or trailer, Throw in some misc bike specific tools and never transfer tools again.
imoto34
Fantasy
3061st
11/6/2017 3:20pm

This can be a great thing on those hot day's. All you moto mofos can relate to this.
jim598
11/6/2017 4:33pm
I have a track box, craftsman plastic one that will slide under my bike. I keep pretty much what everyone else has posted. and also 32mm,27mm and 22mm gear wrench for axles modern and vintage. and a must have is my knipex pliers. if you ever get your hands on these you will never do anything with out them!

kzizok
Fantasy
2164th
11/6/2017 5:04pm

Does it matter whats on the inside?
BAMX
11/6/2017 6:04pm
jim598 wrote:
I have a track box, craftsman plastic one that will slide under my bike. I keep pretty much what everyone else has posted. and also 32mm,27mm...
I have a track box, craftsman plastic one that will slide under my bike. I keep pretty much what everyone else has posted. and also 32mm,27mm and 22mm gear wrench for axles modern and vintage. and a must have is my knipex pliers. if you ever get your hands on these you will never do anything with out them!

Have you seen this?

jim598
11/6/2017 7:12pm
I have seen them, don't have a pair yet
pmshortt2
11/7/2017 7:05am
kzizok wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/06/223674/s1200_6A98DC5A_21BD_4CE7_A2D6_86EE737B3EA4.jpg[/img] Does it matter whats on the inside?

Does it matter whats on the inside?
My dad has an old toolbox exactly like this except he wasn’t into moto so it has old Skyjacker, holly, and other auto parts stickers on it. It’s pretty sweet. Do they still make these toolboxes?
swatdoc
11/7/2017 5:30pm
If you have any phillips type screw heads on your Japanese manufactured bike, I'd recommend getting Japanese J.I.S. standard screwdrivers. They are a different standard and fit a lot better than regular Phillips drivers. Believe it or not, the Phillips standard is designed to actually cam out of the screw head at a certain point. That's why we end up rounding off so many screw heads. I use the Vessel brand myself

Post a reply to: What’s in your “Moto-toolbox” ?

The Latest