What's happened to Kyle Regal in Supercross??

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:57am
Not wanting to "throw Kyle under the bus" but after his great ride at the MXDN in Lakewood, I was hoping he was going to make a big impression on the San Manuel Team in supercross this season, now that they seem to have the bikes dialed in, judging by James dominance at Anaheim 2 last weekend.
Is he injured? anyone know what's happening?
|
MBBadgers
2/8/2011 9:33am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2011 9:33am
He's made the mains, there's good competition, lots of expectations, I don't think he was known for his sx style, you just pointed that out, there's a lot of guys going home each supercross who've never made the night show let alone the mains. 20 guys only make it, I don't think he's doing poorly.
TeamGreen
2/8/2011 9:43am
13th in the points...1st season on a 450, hell, 1st "Full" season...so far...in SX.

Now, compare that to more than a few of the other guys that are making a whole lot more $ for IDENTICAL results...?

If ya look at his points with a +/- 10 point window...he's lookin' real good (A ten point swing, in other-words).

I'm thinkin' he'll only get better.
dc1236
2/8/2011 9:45am
One thing I've noticed with Regal is his first year is very similar to the first year that Chisholm had with L&M/San Manuel.
I think Regal has had some tough luck though. He seems to be getting good starts, but then lays it over with in the first few laps. I think he'll get it figured out and break the top 10 before the end of the year.
pb465
2/8/2011 9:46am
I think he is better than his results show also... But you have to remember most of those guys in that class are past lites champions or have over 40 Supercross main events to their resume. Kyle has only 8 main events and not near the experience compared to every other guy he is racing against. I think with the series moving to the east you should see better results from him.

The Shop

MBBadgers
2/8/2011 9:48am
pb465 wrote:
I think he is better than his results show also... But you have to remember most of those guys in that class are past lites champions...
I think he is better than his results show also... But you have to remember most of those guys in that class are past lites champions or have over 40 Supercross main events to their resume. Kyle has only 8 main events and not near the experience compared to every other guy he is racing against. I think with the series moving to the east you should see better results from him.
Exactly and I don't think Brooks was looking for quick results, he has those with James, he's looking to mold a rider into the next big thing. Kyle has that potential, he hasn't raced a motorcycle for that long.
BLAHBLAH
2/8/2011 9:52am
Regal is doing as I expected.. The fact is the kid is inexpierenced and the field is deep. For whatever reason their was a lot of hype, maybe his outdoor results.
bg22
Fantasy
3048th
2/8/2011 9:53am
I've had Kyle in my fantasy league since day one. He's a solid rider who is only going to get better. He's a rookie in the supercross class.
Adam43
2/8/2011 9:53am
He's been pretty decent and I'm sure he'll only improve. Top 10 by the end, I bet.

The shame of his deal is that he probably won't be outdoors, where he just flies.
Thelen20
2/8/2011 9:59am
He's an outdoor rider who is just learning supercross. All things considered i'm impressed. A2 was a good ride for him, started at the back and made it up to 11th by the end, not bad.
DPR250R
2/8/2011 10:00am
A2 Results....

AMA Supercross Class:
1. James Stewart Yam
2. Ryan Villopoto Kaw
3. Chad Reed Hon
4. Justin Brayton Yam
5. Trey Canard Hon
6. Andrew Short KTM
7. Ivan Tedesco Kaw
8. Kevin Windham Hon
9. Brett Metcalfe Suz
10. Davi Millsaps Yam
11. Kyle Regal Yam

Who should he be in front of on that list?
Thelen20
2/8/2011 10:03am
^^^ god i'm glad i don't have to race supercross for a living, thats a tough list!
TeamGreen
2/8/2011 10:05am
He's placed as well as 10th, as bad as 17th and he's BEEN in Every Main.

He took 11th at A-2.

I call that a "sound-investment".
TeamGreen
2/8/2011 10:07am
DPR250R wrote:
A2 Results.... AMA Supercross Class: 1. James Stewart Yam 2. Ryan Villopoto Kaw 3. Chad Reed Hon 4. Justin Brayton Yam 5. Trey Canard Hon 6...
A2 Results....

AMA Supercross Class:
1. James Stewart Yam
2. Ryan Villopoto Kaw
3. Chad Reed Hon
4. Justin Brayton Yam
5. Trey Canard Hon
6. Andrew Short KTM
7. Ivan Tedesco Kaw
8. Kevin Windham Hon
9. Brett Metcalfe Suz
10. Davi Millsaps Yam
11. Kyle Regal Yam

Who should he be in front of on that list?
He should be in-front of Andrew...I.m guessing that's what LB would say (Top 6 by now).
Hank_Thrill
The dude is 18 years old (something like that) and damn near in the top ten of the premier class! In my opinion, that is a huge success.

I'm not sure, but did he even race the lites class?
burnside
Thelen20 wrote:
^^^ god i'm glad i don't have to race supercross for a living, thats a tough list!
x2. Theres so many riders that you think 'should' be doing better.. but theres no space for all of them! 5th place is the new podium!
TeamGreen
2/8/2011 10:10am
The dude is 18 years old (something like that) and damn near in the top ten of the premier class! In my opinion, that is a...
The dude is 18 years old (something like that) and damn near in the top ten of the premier class! In my opinion, that is a huge success.

Kinda-Sorta...
Sandberm
2/8/2011 10:15am
pb465 wrote:
I think he is better than his results show also... But you have to remember most of those guys in that class are past lites champions...
MBBadgers wrote:
Exactly and I don't think Brooks was looking for quick results, he has those with James, he's looking to mold a rider into the next big...
Exactly and I don't think Brooks was looking for quick results, he has those with James, he's looking to mold a rider into the next big thing. Kyle has that potential, he hasn't raced a motorcycle for that long.
I dissagree to one point you made MBBadger. I dont think Brooks hired him to "mold...into the next big thing". I think he picked him up because he was a cheap hire and had shown great potential to make mains. I think the criteria for being the second guy on team L&M is first and foremost, hes gotta come cheap. Second, make mains to get the sponsers names out there.

We wouldnt be talking about Regals results being dissapointing if it were not for the media reporting about how good he looked at the practice tracks before the season started. This could be Brooks fault if hes the one telling the media(Matthis) that Regals going fast at the test track.

I think if he stays off the ground he'll get better on the east coast.
dc1236
2/8/2011 10:15am
The dude is 18 years old (something like that) and damn near in the top ten of the premier class! In my opinion, that is a...

TeamGreen wrote:
Kinda-Sorta...
HAHA........that's probably the best way to answer that question.
I know I'm a fool for hoping, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his team does all of the Nationals.
SethGator
2/8/2011 10:27am
TeamGreen wrote:
Kinda-Sorta...
he did pretty well on the 250 east for Valli and was competitive on his 1-off with them on a 450. saw him and ivan at jacksonville, anyone know what ever happened with that deal, it seemed like it was running good and he had the aforementioned 1-off and the disappeared from the team.
MX455
2/8/2011 10:28am
Bench Racing Ammo: THE PERFECT STORM?

Check out the list of race winners below—it’s huge!

James Stewart
Chad Reed
Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
Kevin Windham
Trey Canard
Josh Grant
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Mike Alessi
Ivan Tedesco
Davi Millsaps
Tommy Hahn
Matt Goerke
Austin Stroupe
Nick Wey

Of those fifteen riders, nine of them also have a professional championship (including 250/Lites SX) on their resume. Those riders are Bubba, Reed, RV, RD, K-Dub, Canard, Weimer, IT9, and Davi Millsaps. That’s a pretty impressive list of riders who have already won major races and titles lining up against to do battle.

That being said, Regal has a lot of pressure and I think he's done a great job. Anyone to consistently make the main deserves a ride.
motomike137
2/8/2011 10:29am
Thelen20 wrote:
And it doesn't include the defending champ!
2/8/2011 10:37am
robkinuk wrote:
Not wanting to "throw Kyle under the bus" but after his great ride at the MXDN in Lakewood, I was hoping he was going to make...
Not wanting to "throw Kyle under the bus" but after his great ride at the MXDN in Lakewood, I was hoping he was going to make a big impression on the San Manuel Team in supercross this season, now that they seem to have the bikes dialed in, judging by James dominance at Anaheim 2 last weekend.
i know exactly what you mean, but, just like patrick said he will only get better within the series. to say hes doing poor is complete bogus. i wish i could of been getting results that poorly huh patrick!!!
2/8/2011 11:15am
Can someone enlighten me on Kyle's situation outdoors? Wasn't he doing the team Regal thing last year?
Racer111
2/8/2011 12:00pm
MX455 wrote:
[url=http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/01/06/bench-racing-ammo-the-perfect-storm]Bench Racing Ammo: THE PERFECT STORM?[/url] [i]Check out the list of race winners below—it’s huge! James Stewart Chad Reed Ryan Villopoto Ryan Dungey Kevin Windham Trey...

James Stewart
Chad Reed
Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
Kevin Windham
Trey Canard
Josh Grant
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Mike Alessi
Ivan Tedesco
Davi Millsaps
Tommy Hahn
Matt Goerke
Austin Stroupe
Nick Wey

Of those fifteen riders, nine of them also have a professional championship (including 250/Lites SX) on their resume. Those riders are Bubba, Reed, RV, RD, K-Dub, Canard, Weimer, IT9, and Davi Millsaps. That’s a pretty impressive list of riders who have already won major races and titles lining up against to do battle.

That being said, Regal has a lot of pressure and I think he's done a great job. Anyone to consistently make the main deserves a ride.
Hi, I'm the number police!! There are 16 riders in your list!! You need to edit now, or I'll be forced to suspend you from watching SX until Mike Alessi wins a main event walking away from Stewart and Villo who got 2nd and 3rd place starts behind Alessi!! EvilTongueShocked
bigcat
2/8/2011 1:08pm
MX455 wrote:
[url=http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/01/06/bench-racing-ammo-the-perfect-storm]Bench Racing Ammo: THE PERFECT STORM?[/url] [i]Check out the list of race winners below—it’s huge! James Stewart Chad Reed Ryan Villopoto Ryan Dungey Kevin Windham Trey...

James Stewart
Chad Reed
Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
Kevin Windham
Trey Canard
Josh Grant
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Mike Alessi
Ivan Tedesco
Davi Millsaps
Tommy Hahn
Matt Goerke
Austin Stroupe
Nick Wey

Nick Wey?

Don't get me wrong, I think Nick Wey is a good rider.
But has he ever won a race in sx/mx?
If he has i sure cant remember when.

Kyle Regal is a beast, and i don't think he gets to use his best asset [fitness] in sx.

From what i understand,He will be doing at least the first four nationals.
And then they will see where they stand.
mccread
2/8/2011 1:33pm
Regal is doing decent he will be good in the outdoors, were fitness and endurance are more rewarded.
pb465
2/8/2011 1:37pm
robkinuk wrote:
Not wanting to "throw Kyle under the bus" but after his great ride at the MXDN in Lakewood, I was hoping he was going to make...
i know exactly what you mean, but, just like patrick said he will only get better within the series. to say hes doing poor is complete...
i know exactly what you mean, but, just like patrick said he will only get better within the series. to say hes doing poor is complete bogus. i wish i could of been getting results that poorly huh patrick!!!
haha ya he will get better. Huuuuge change from the privateer effort and doing everything on your own to being teammates with James Stewart.
mxdancer
2/8/2011 2:47pm
MX455 wrote:

James Stewart
Chad Reed
Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
Kevin Windham
Trey Canard
Josh Grant
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Mike Alessi
Ivan Tedesco
Davi Millsaps
Tommy Hahn
Matt Goerke
Austin Stroupe
Nick Wey

I agree....Regal is doing just fine. As is every rider that can make every main event this year. Cool

Gma B
MX455
2/8/2011 5:20pm
MX455 wrote:

James Stewart
Chad Reed
Ryan Villopoto
Ryan Dungey
Kevin Windham
Trey Canard
Josh Grant
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Mike Alessi
Ivan Tedesco
Davi Millsaps
Tommy Hahn
Matt Goerke
Austin Stroupe
Nick Wey

Racer111 wrote:
Hi, I'm the number police!! There are 16 riders in your list!! You need to edit now, or I'll be forced to suspend you from watching...
Hi, I'm the number police!! There are 16 riders in your list!! You need to edit now, or I'll be forced to suspend you from watching SX until Mike Alessi wins a main event walking away from Stewart and Villo who got 2nd and 3rd place starts behind Alessi!! EvilTongueShocked
Haha Racer you are correct. That list is 16 and no it is not my list. It's from Mr. Ursic at RacerX, the link is above. I'm very afraid of the number police, so i wanted to point the finger at someone else. UnsureLaughing

Post a reply to: What's happened to Kyle Regal in Supercross??

The Latest