What's The Best Way to Transport MX Bike?

gt80rider
5/13/2010 7:43pm
M79-12 wrote:
Hi I just joined 10 minutes ago to ask this question. What do you guys think is the best way to transport a MX bike? Is...
Hi I just joined 10 minutes ago to ask this question. What do you guys think is the best way to transport a MX bike? Is it on a trailer? Hauler? On the back of a pick up truck? or some other way? what are the pros and cons in your opinion?
I'm asking because I want to start riding MX but first I need to decide what car/transportation equipment I should get.
Thanks a lot for your help.
in any manner you can get it to where you ride...... who cares about the "best" way as long as you get there and get some seat time....
DownSouth
5/13/2010 8:22pm
Cygnus wrote:
I have been looking at the Rangers to up grade my 82 Toyota. My friend has one and it gets 25MPG on the hiway with the...
I have been looking at the Rangers to up grade my 82 Toyota. My friend has one and it gets 25MPG on the hiway with the V6.
M79-12 wrote:
Really 25MPG? On Ford's website it says 21MPG HWY:
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/ranger/specifications/engine/
Maybe it's the smaller engine?
Cygnus wrote:
I called him on it but he and his brother took a trip from here to missouri and swear it got 25. His brother is an...
I called him on it but he and his brother took a trip from here to missouri and swear it got 25. His brother is an accountant so I would hope he can do simple math. I think it's an 02.
I have a '99 Mazda B3000 Troy Lee edition (built by Ford same as a Ranger) with the 3.0L V6. It will run 25 mpg on the highway at 65-70 mph. Gets around 18mpg around town.
john1753
5/13/2010 11:03pm
shove the forks up your arse and use some human power to tow it
rmpilot
5/14/2010 12:11am
M79-12 wrote:
Hi I just joined 10 minutes ago to ask this question. What do you guys think is the best way to transport a MX bike? Is...
Hi I just joined 10 minutes ago to ask this question. What do you guys think is the best way to transport a MX bike? Is it on a trailer? Hauler? On the back of a pick up truck? or some other way? what are the pros and cons in your opinion?
I'm asking because I want to start riding MX but first I need to decide what car/transportation equipment I should get.
Thanks a lot for your help.
shit i wouldnt even do that i just park with the back of the truck against the wall.

The Shop

NB304
5/14/2010 7:29am
around town and on day trips it either goes in the back of the truck or on the receiver hitch rack i built when i used to have an suv. I end up using the rack a lot because it takes 2 seconds to put in and its a lot easier to get the bike 8" off the ground instead of 3' off the ground to get it in the truck. on weekend trips it rides in the toy hauler.

Post a reply to: What's The Best Way to Transport MX Bike?

The Latest