What's Chad doing?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2019 4:29 AM

Anyone know what the old boy is doing next year, did l hear somewhere that the Suz deal fell through?

|

10/13/2019 5:34 AM

Johnny Oz wrote:

Anyone know what the old boy is doing next year, did l hear somewhere that the Suz deal fell through?

He’s doing his own thing.

|

10/13/2019 7:54 AM

racing lambos

|

10/13/2019 8:11 AM

Begging for attention, just like him and his wife do every off season. Why does anyone give a shit?

|

10/13/2019 8:18 AM

on a honda aka mx planet.

|

10/13/2019 8:21 AM

Wells423 wrote:

Begging for attention, just like him and his wife do every off season. Why does anyone give a shit?

hey loser,

take your angst elsewhere.

|

10/13/2019 8:41 AM

Wells423 wrote:

Obviously you do, since you clicked on the thread. The title is pretty self explanatory.

|

10/13/2019 8:50 AM

Let’s hope it goes better than last time he tried it on the Husky.

|

10/13/2019 10:31 AM

Winning races and crushin pu$$y

|

10/13/2019 11:03 AM

Chad will be racing mec on his own bike. Bet on it!!

|

10/13/2019 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 3:19 PM

Adam43 wrote:

Let’s hope it goes better than last time he tried it on the Husky.

That was just bad luck ontop of poor preparation how that worked out. He was out of shape as he is every off-season basically. Then got injured when he was getting ready for RBSR and it made it hard to get his fitmess back or get any seat time on his new bike. He was also not supposed to be walking when he was racing the first few rounds.

So long as he doesnt get another injury he should be better off. I just hope its not his last race. I want to see him race the whole season.

|

10/13/2019 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 4:30 PM

Monster Cup, Overseas races and A1 on his own dime then see ya Later unless a ride pops up.

|

10/13/2019 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 4:39 PM

I still think it’s amazing that Justin Brayton can snag a ride on Team Honda & win an Aussie SX at 35 (I think...) but Chad, a multi-time freaking champion can’t get a ride on a good enough bike to win at almost the same age bracket. I’m not a Reed hater. I totally respect what he’s done, but Brayton is super humble & is well liked in the industry...but Chad has made a career of burning bridges & dissing past sponsors. You’d think he’d learn, but apparently not. He pretty much has to roll on his on dime at this point. Pretty sad, if you ask me.

|

10/13/2019 4:37 PM

davistld01 wrote:

I still think it’s amazing that Justin Brayton can snag a ride on Team Honda & win an Aussie SX at 35 (I think...) but Chad, a multi-time freaking champion can’t get a ride on a good enough bike to win at almost the same age bracket. I’m not a Reed hater. I totally respect what he’s done, but Brayton is super humble & is well liked in the industry...but Chad has made a career of burning bridges & dissing past sponsors. You’d think he’d learn, but apparently not. He pretty much has to roll on his on dime at this point. Pretty sad, if you ask me.

What bridge has he burned at JGR?

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

10/13/2019 4:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 4:46 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Well, let’s just say for funzies that JGR is his first time not to. Maybe he has a “no backstabbing” clause in their contract with him, I don’t know.

|

10/13/2019 4:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 4:51 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

Well, let’s just say for funzies that JGR is his first time not to. Maybe he has a “no backstabbing” clause in their contract with him, I don’t know.

Don’t you think it may have something to do with JB showing more speed in general and winning a race/triple crowns/heats the last couple years?

|

10/13/2019 4:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 4:58 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Don’t you think it may have something to do with JB showing more speed in general and winning a race/triple crowns/heats the last couple years?

Some, but Chad Reed is a huge publicity draw. He still has long autograph lines, and him just being in your team colors would be worth the money (you’d think) just for the attention it brings. For a team not to want to hire him for those reasons alone speaks volumes to me. Maybe they see him as being too high-maintenance rider than they want. Maybe he’s too hard to please & talks too much shit! Just guessing...

|

10/13/2019 5:01 PM

davistld01 wrote:

I'd say Chad has done a lot more winning in his career than JB so he is able to say what he feels. But lets not forget JB wasn't too complimentary about the bike he road for RMATV.

I also challenge the burn the bridge theory around Chad aswell. He has ridden for every manufacturer barring Honda twice. They all took him back a second time so hard to see where all these bridges have been burnt in his career. But whatever makes a good story i guess.

|

10/13/2019 5:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 5:07 PM

haydos25 wrote:

I'd say Chad has done a lot more winning in his career than JB so he is able to say what he feels. But lets not forget JB wasn't too complimentary about the bike he road for RMATV.

I also challenge the burn the bridge theory around Chad aswell. He has ridden for every manufacturer barring Honda twice. They all took him back a second time so hard to see where all these bridges have been burnt in his career. But whatever makes a good story i guess.

There’s never an excuse to be an asshole. Just saying. Like granny said: “You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.”

And as far as all those teams that he’s been with twice...if he left them with fond memories of their time together, why isn’t one of them offering him a ride?

|

10/13/2019 5:10 PM

davistld01 wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

There’s never an excuse to be an asshole. Just saying. Like granny said: “You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.”

And as far as all those teams that he’s been with twice...if he left them with fond memories of their time together, why isn’t one of them offering him a ride?

Because they’re full. The only team with an opening was HRC, and JB was already under a Honda contract. Who else was hiring?

|

10/13/2019 5:13 PM

davistld01 wrote:

You call it being an asshole, Chad calls it telling it like he sees it. We want guys to speak there mind, but don't offend anyone in the process.

As far as him not having a ride i would say it is to do with his results, which is the way it's always been and always should be. The economy in the industry isn't that great either, theres a few guys going without at the moment. Yamaha, Kawi, Honda, KTM and Husky are all locked in with existing guys and Suzuki look like they may be out all together. Not sure how Chad's social media has much to do with that.

|

10/13/2019 5:16 PM

Teams hire based on results. Not Instagram likes.

|

10/13/2019 5:44 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Oh really? So how is Barcia still on Factory Equipment?

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

10/13/2019 5:48 PM

Being a has been?

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

10/13/2019 5:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 5:49 PM

Racer111 wrote:

When you win Anaheim 1 you generally have performed well enough to get a ride the following year. Who else should have that ride in your opinion?

But everyone has a short memory i guess. Maybe he needs to throw up a couple of instabangers and get the "flying at the test track" talk happening.

|

10/13/2019 6:18 PM

Wells423 wrote:

1 things for sure, no one gives a shit what you are doing

|

10/13/2019 6:41 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Because he was 1 of 5 guys to win a SX last yesr.

|

10/13/2019 6:42 PM

Yellow and black honda.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

10/13/2019 6:46 PM

He should be sniffing snatch and raising his kids. N'uff Said....Moto days are over. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

|

10/13/2019 6:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2019 6:49 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

You’re an idiot. Barcia won a race this year. And was 2nd in points last year before getting landed on.

|