What year did professional MX start using transponder's? Lap chart's? ( DC , or anyone? )

jeffro503
I was curious more towards what lap times were like in the 80's and 90's , and then comparing them to what the 125 , 250 and 500 classes were doing on specific race weekend's.

Just wondering , which bikes between the 250 and 500 were usually setting the fastest lap times? I'm thinking it might of swapped from track to track , with one class edging out the other , depending on where they were?
|
11/1/2018 8:42pm
I remember Steve Lamson setting the lap time record at Budds Creek on a 125 one year. Then Windam reset it on a 250
jeffro503
11/1/2018 11:37pm
I remember Steve Lamson setting the lap time record at Budds Creek on a 125 one year. Then Windam reset it on a 250
Thanks! I'm wondering if DC , or anyone else with records could chime in on this. Just something ive been thinking about , and was curious. I brought up the transponders , because before that it was just a stop watch. I just can't remember when they actually started using a timing device in pro competition.
DC
11/2/2018 9:46am
Jeffro, I don't really know how far they go back as far as electronic scoring goes but I know on this site you can find them back to 2004. I will have to look and ask around for something earlier, as we didn't oversee the series in its entirety until 2009, and before that the NPG didn't really get everyone together until 1997....

http://www.americanmotocrossresults.com

Hopefully there's enough there to help you at least get started!

DC
Racer X
jeffro503
11/2/2018 10:05am
DC wrote:
Jeffro, I don't really know how far they go back as far as electronic scoring goes but I know on this site you can find them...
Jeffro, I don't really know how far they go back as far as electronic scoring goes but I know on this site you can find them back to 2004. I will have to look and ask around for something earlier, as we didn't oversee the series in its entirety until 2009, and before that the NPG didn't really get everyone together until 1997....

http://www.americanmotocrossresults.com

Hopefully there's enough there to help you at least get started!

DC
Racer X
That's great DC , thank you! Do you know if they used any kind of a transponder system back then? I mean during the 80's and 90's , or was that basically just a stop watch? I was more curious to find out what lap times on certain tracks like Washougal ( or any where really ) of what like Ward , Bailey , Glover did on 500's , compared to guy's like O'mara , Barnett , Lechien , ect....were doing on 250's?

Post a reply to: What year did professional MX start using transponder's? Lap chart's? ( DC , or anyone? )

The Latest