What would the AMA do if 2 strokes started to fill the field back up?

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 12/14/2020 9:20pm
Let’s say a quarter to 30% of riders (privateers) started to qualify on 2 strokes.. what would/could the AMA do? If they changed the rule after the fact it would make them look pretty bad... a movement needs to be startedWink
|
BR8ES
7/1/2018 7:44am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 7:44am
Probably a better chance to see a Dogman or Unicorn in your backyard. In case this actually happened, I would think it there'd be a gradual increase and no real damage control needed. Even if a privateer won a mud race like Rick Ryan, the bikes won't become an overnight sensation.

7/1/2018 9:22am
It wont happen. As much as I love two strokes I don't see many guys wanting to put themselves at such a disadvantage to save a few dollars. The guys who are doing it are out there more for fun - not trying to make it to the next level. If the rules changed and they were legal in the 250 class that would be a different story though.
JB 19
7/1/2018 9:58am
That's like saying what would the NBA do if a LeBron James team wins the title every year. It appears that we don't have to worry about it.

The Shop

7/1/2018 12:25pm
Seeing how Yamaha hasn't even submitted the work needed to make a YZ250 legal, I doubt the AMA needs to do anything since the manufacturers seem long past it.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2449th
7/1/2018 12:38pm
two strokes would making watching racing fun again thats for sure.
Doddy
7/1/2018 1:11pm
What happens when only the factory teams can afford to race? What happens when they can no longer afford it? The 4 stroke money grab can't last forever. Costs of MX have gonna through the roof. No wonder offroad racing is growing like it is.......
bd
7/1/2018 1:28pm
Wouldn’t a better question be..... what would the manufacturers do? How would they respond?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2018 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 1:31pm
Doddy wrote:
What happens when only the factory teams can afford to race? What happens when they can no longer afford it? The 4 stroke money grab can't...
What happens when only the factory teams can afford to race? What happens when they can no longer afford it? The 4 stroke money grab can't last forever. Costs of MX have gonna through the roof. No wonder offroad racing is growing like it is.......
Southwick is one of the few tracks on the National circuit where local knowledge is an advantage, and two-strokes are on a more level playing field.
7/1/2018 1:42pm
I am being forced to race my bike in the wrong class at pro nationals. There’s nothing I can do but show up and race the class my bike is designated to.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows it’s the wrong class. I’m still going though.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2018 1:44pm
I am being forced to race my bike in the wrong class at pro nationals. There’s nothing I can do but show up and race the...
I am being forced to race my bike in the wrong class at pro nationals. There’s nothing I can do but show up and race the class my bike is designated to.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows it’s the wrong class. I’m still going though.
Huh. I thought you were in the right class this weekend. Wink
7/1/2018 1:46pm
A George Soros type manipulator could make this happen by sponsoring the bottom half the field, the factories and promoters would start flipping out!
7/1/2018 1:50pm
If anyone truly have a &hit about the future of the sport they would run equal cc bikes and let equal competition decide that but they won’t. Too many vested interests, profits, and trickle down “donations” to let that happen. It’s like putting the fox in charge of the hen house
HusqFan3
7/1/2018 2:15pm
JB 19 wrote:
That's like saying what would the NBA do if a LeBron James team wins the title every year. It appears that we don't have to worry...
That's like saying what would the NBA do if a LeBron James team wins the title every year. It appears that we don't have to worry about it.
Privateers choosing to race 2-strokes instead of 4-strokes is analogous to Lebron James’ team winning the title every year? i’ve read plenty of bad analogies on this forum but this one might just take the cake...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2018 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 2:35pm
If anyone truly have a &hit about the future of the sport they would run equal cc bikes and let equal competition decide that but they...
If anyone truly have a &hit about the future of the sport they would run equal cc bikes and let equal competition decide that but they won’t. Too many vested interests, profits, and trickle down “donations” to let that happen. It’s like putting the fox in charge of the hen house
So when you were picking your username...

Sorry, I couldn't help but admire the irony... Smile
7/1/2018 2:50pm
If anyone truly have a &hit about the future of the sport they would run equal cc bikes and let equal competition decide that but they...
GuyB wrote:
So when you were picking your username...

Sorry, I couldn't help but admire the irony... Smile
Your weak attempt at witty banner dose t go unnoticed either.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2018 2:53pm
I figured it'd balance your accusations.
Joko
Fantasy
190th
7/1/2018 2:57pm
I am being forced to race my bike in the wrong class at pro nationals. There’s nothing I can do but show up and race the...

How did Southwick go for you?
7/1/2018 3:27pm
Joko wrote:
How did Southwick go for you?
Fantastic. Of course I can’t reveal every detail until I’m done publishing, look for it tomorrow or Tuesday.
JB 19
7/1/2018 3:47pm
JB 19 wrote:
That's like saying what would the NBA do if a LeBron James team wins the title every year. It appears that we don't have to worry...
HusqFan3 wrote:
Privateers choosing to race 2-strokes instead of 4-strokes is analogous to Lebron James’ team winning the title every year? i’ve read plenty of bad analogies on...
Privateers choosing to race 2-strokes instead of 4-strokes is analogous to Lebron James’ team winning the title every year? i’ve read plenty of bad analogies on this forum but this one might just take the cake...
I'm sorry if you didn't understand. Let me help you see through the mud. Let's not create solutions to problems that don't exist.

If you need more explaining just route all questions to jb19@mxsolutions.com
Doddy
7/1/2018 3:50pm
Doddy wrote:
What happens when only the factory teams can afford to race? What happens when they can no longer afford it? The 4 stroke money grab can't...
GuyB wrote:
Southwick is one of the few tracks on the National circuit where local knowledge is an advantage, and two-strokes are on a more level playing field.
Misquote?
newmann
7/1/2018 4:02pm
logan_140 wrote:
Let’s say a quarter to 30% of riders (privateers) started to qualify on 2 strokes.. what would/could the AMA do? If they changed the rule after...
Let’s say a quarter to 30% of riders (privateers) started to qualify on 2 strokes.. what would/could the AMA do? If they changed the rule after the fact it would make them look pretty bad... a movement needs to be startedWink
According to the AMA, it would be more like “what would DC and MX Sports do”?

They’ve stated it over and over that they have nothing to do with professional motocross and it is ALL in DC’s lap.
endurox
7/1/2018 4:03pm
Loose the energy drink sponsors, sport would be in a world of hurt. Interesting how with a good economy right now, sponsorship is tough to find. Next down turn will test the current rules. Personally I think there should be a 250 class with a 10,ooo rpm limit and a 125 class with a 20k$ claiming rule. Probably won't happen but would slow down the racing and reduce server injuries. E bikes should have their own class. Start as like the KTM kids race. Maybe 5 laps for a year and test the waters.
7/1/2018 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 4:22pm
GuyB wrote:
I figured it'd balance your accusations.
If only they weren’ t true eh?
lumpy790
7/1/2018 4:29pm
The slower guys on 4 strokes would qualify?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/1/2018 4:37pm
If only they weren’ t true eh?
It was funnier before you edited it. Wink
rob mx
7/1/2018 4:48pm
BR8ES wrote:
Probably a better chance to see a Dogman or Unicorn in your backyard. In case this actually happened, I would think it there'd be a gradual...
Probably a better chance to see a Dogman or Unicorn in your backyard. In case this actually happened, I would think it there'd be a gradual increase and no real damage control needed. Even if a privateer won a mud race like Rick Ryan, the bikes won't become an overnight sensation.

Post a reply to: What would the AMA do if 2 strokes started to fill the field back up?

The Latest