What will be the attendance at Red Bud MXoN????

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2018 4:16 AM

I've seen various guesstimates on here and on social media that the attendance at this years MXoN will be off the scale, some claiming 100,000 plus!w00t but what do you think a realistic figure will be ???
They are saying every hotel/motel is sold out in a 70 mile radius and all the Gold and Silver VIP packages are sold out.
Is the attendance at the July 4th ish AMA National clouding the issue? How many of the drunken fans, lining the track screaming Redddddd-Buddddd back in July are actually hardcore motocross fans?
I do hope for Tim and Amy Ritchie they get a massive turnout but feel the true figure will be in the 38,000 to 45,000 range at best.
Sadly I can't be there this year as got a house sale going through around that time but hope it is another true classic and best wishes to every team and their fans who go!w00t

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

8/21/2018 4:20 AM

All the camping spots are sold out as of yesterday, and that takes alot of campers to make that happen. Never saw that happen ever at any past Red Bud events.

|

8/21/2018 5:12 AM

I heard everything was all sold out...

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/21/2018 5:17 AM

100,000 if not more.

|

8/21/2018 5:34 AM

I just booked a Holiday Inn Express hotel 35 miles from the track last week using points, so it can’t be all that bad, yet.

|

8/21/2018 5:39 AM

anything above dissappointing will be a win....

|

8/21/2018 5:54 AM

Our group is staying at an off-site campground about 5 miles away from the track. It is completely full as well if that is any indication.

|

8/21/2018 6:01 AM

It will depend on who you ask .

|

8/21/2018 7:12 AM

I heard safety reasons only 52,000 allowed in

|

8/21/2018 7:14 AM

I'm thinking somewhere around a million people.

|

8/21/2018 7:19 AM

Jt$ wrote:

I'm thinking somewhere around a million people.

We should use the MXGP calaculation device when they say they had 40k people in Thailand.

|

8/21/2018 7:26 AM

I'd say 45,000 or so.

|

8/21/2018 7:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2018 7:30 AM

well everyone i know in mx (locally) is going...and these are people that don't even go to the national. It's gonna be huge.

|

8/21/2018 7:30 AM

All the camping is sold out and that's after they added another camping area behind/next to lot B in the very back. I'm wondering how all these people are going to have any view of the track the hills are only so big around it.

|

8/21/2018 7:39 AM

Jt$ wrote:

I'm thinking somewhere around a million people.

That was before you got Ronnie Mac thrown off team PR. Attendance will probably drop to somewhere between 72-7600 now. laughing

|

8/21/2018 8:20 AM

robkinuk wrote:

I've seen various guesstimates on here and on social media that the attendance at this years MXoN will be off the scale, some claiming 100,000 plus!w00t but what do you think a realistic figure will be ???
They are saying every hotel/motel is sold out in a 70 mile radius and all the Gold and Silver VIP packages are sold out.
Is the attendance at the July 4th ish AMA National clouding the issue? How many of the drunken fans, lining the track screaming Redddddd-Buddddd back in July are actually hardcore motocross fans?
I do hope for Tim and Amy Ritchie they get a massive turnout but feel the true figure will be in the 38,000 to 45,000 range at best.
Sadly I can't be there this year as got a house sale going through around that time but hope it is another true classic and best wishes to every team and their fans who go!w00t

I would expect nearly double the attendance of the pro national. Most people aren’t going to travel across the country, let alone internationally, just for one of the nationals but will for the MXoN.

Viewing is going to an issue I’m guessing. Have they built the new grand stands by the leap yet?

|

8/21/2018 8:22 AM

About tree fiddy.

|

8/21/2018 8:25 AM

aeffertz wrote:

I would expect nearly double the attendance of the pro national. Most people aren’t going to travel across the country, let alone internationally, just for one of the nationals but will for the MXoN.

Viewing is going to an issue I’m guessing. Have they built the new grand stands by the leap yet?

I'm fairly sure they've been in for a while now. Maybe they'll extend them though (if that's an option)?

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

8/21/2018 8:30 AM

SKlein wrote:

I'm fairly sure they've been in for a while now. Maybe they'll extend them though (if that's an option)?

Yeah they’ve had those bleachers there since they moved the leap last year, I guess I was just expecting more or a bigger set or something. Those things filled up quick pro national weekend.

|

8/21/2018 8:37 AM

The National is absurdly packed as is. I don't know how their going to fit all the people in that place. There's not enough spectator room. Heck, remember the problems Budds had with the tunnels and what not.

|

8/21/2018 8:41 AM

84000

|

8/21/2018 8:48 AM

It should be 100% packed as alot of Canucks are going because of the location. Also that time of year is alot more enjoyable without being miserable.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

8/21/2018 8:50 AM

Quick look through of most of the years. Before anyone comments all the high numbers are Saturday and Sunday tickets sold but the the USA rounds I couldn't find anymore data on them so the doubled number is next to them as a rough guess.

2004 Netherlands approx 85,000
2005 France approx 80,000
2006 GB approx 60,000.
2007 USA approx 23,987 --- 46K
2008 GB 60,000+
2009 Can't find any figures
2010 USA approx 30,000 --- 60K
2011 France 68,000
2012 Belguim approx 85,000
2013 Germany approx 80,000
2014 Latvia aprrox 63,000
2015 France approx 80,000.
2016 Italy approx 85,000.
2017 GB approx 75,000.


Honestly I cant see it being more than 55,000 because you wont get that many Europeans flying over as people still do't have a lot of money to be wasting like that.

|

8/21/2018 8:55 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Quick look through of most of the years. Before anyone comments all the high numbers are Saturday and Sunday tickets sold but the the USA rounds I couldn't find anymore data on them so the doubled number is next to them as a rough guess.

2004 Netherlands approx 85,000
2005 France approx 80,000
2006 GB approx 60,000.
2007 USA approx 23,987 --- 46K
2008 GB 60,000+
2009 Can't find any figures
2010 USA approx 30,000 --- 60K
2011 France 68,000
2012 Belguim approx 85,000
2013 Germany approx 80,000
2014 Latvia aprrox 63,000
2015 France approx 80,000.
2016 Italy approx 85,000.
2017 GB approx 75,000.


Honestly I cant see it being more than 55,000 because you wont get that many Europeans flying over as people still do't have a lot of money to be wasting like that.

55,000 through the gate both days? I think it'll be more than that unless a majority of people don't attend Saturday. Just my opinion, of course.

|

8/21/2018 9:03 AM

Do you guys think driving there and sleeping in your truck is a horrible idea? I mean it's only a night or two

|

8/21/2018 9:13 AM

Sorry to be real but I think you are overselling the attendance. Maybe 25,000 to 30,000. Just being real.

|

8/21/2018 9:15 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

55,000 through the gate both days? I think it'll be more than that unless a majority of people don't attend Saturday. Just my opinion, of course.

Im just guessing looking at there previous years has been quite low compared to the EU ones

|

8/21/2018 9:18 AM

Mr. Info wrote:

Sorry to be real but I think you are overselling the attendance. Maybe 25,000 to 30,000. Just being real.

This isn't a USGP. I think you're severely underestimating the interest in this event. I have talked to more people who are traveling from across the country than I could have possibly imagined. I would take any bet you'd like to make that there are more than 30k people there.

|

8/21/2018 9:34 AM

Mr. Info wrote:

Sorry to be real but I think you are overselling the attendance. Maybe 25,000 to 30,000. Just being real.

Jt$ wrote:

This isn't a USGP. I think you're severely underestimating the interest in this event. I have talked to more people who are traveling from across the country than I could have possibly imagined. I would take any bet you'd like to make that there are more than 30k people there.

He's still salty about it not being held at Glen Helen.

|

8/21/2018 9:37 AM

If anyone has a camping spot for sale please message me! Coming from Canada. Willing to pay right now

|