What will Jeremy Martin's penalty be?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2017 3:57 PM

I'd say at least 20 seconds should be added to his total time. He did not enter at the next safest place. He gained an advantage. And no I don't care that he crashed afterwards and that means it should even out. He may have crashed there regardless. What do you guys think?

|

7/22/2017 3:59 PM

Please

They didn't do a thing to Anderson or Forkner.

In all fairness they shouldn't do anything to JMart

|

7/22/2017 4:00 PM

He didn't gain a spot I don't think. He got back on the track in the same position. But he did technically "cut the track"

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

7/22/2017 4:17 PM

Is there a safe spot to re-enter going up the hill?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/22/2017 4:18 PM

He made a mistake and still entered in front of Osbourne. That's not fair

|

7/22/2017 4:44 PM

eric513anderson wrote:

He didn't gain a spot I don't think. He got back on the track in the same position. But he did technically "cut the track"

He was right in front of Osborne when he made a mistake and went off the track. If he'd have spun it round and joined where he should've done he would've lost at least 3-4 spots. He did get back on track in the same position, but he should have lost positions with the mistake. He should get a penalty IMO

|

7/22/2017 5:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 5:14 PM

^^^^If he spun it around on the track, wouldn't he have been going the wrong way of traffic? Dont they get DQ'd for that, or at least can?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/22/2017 5:21 PM

kzizok wrote:

^^^^If he spun it around on the track, wouldn't he have been going the wrong way of traffic? Dont they get DQ'd for that, or at least can?

He was between track lanes. It wouldn't have been a problem for him to turn around. Never even tried to re-enter where he left the track, which is the requirement...unless it can't be done safely. He should be penalized for it

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

7/22/2017 5:25 PM

Survey says: same penalty that Savatgy got in New Jersey...

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

7/22/2017 5:28 PM

kzizok wrote:

harescrambled wrote:

He was between track lanes. It wouldn't have been a problem for him to turn around. Never even tried to re-enter where he left the track, which is the requirement...unless it can't be done safely. He should be penalized for it

Ah, OK. Couldn't recall the details.

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/22/2017 5:32 PM

For what it's worth if you've never ridden up that very top section, there's a chance you won't make it up if you come to a stop before it. You'll see in B group practices dudes mess up in the ruts or not realize how steep it is and end up stuck halfway or almost looping out.

Either way, I was still kinda surprised to see him just rejoin.

|

7/22/2017 5:55 PM

You know, before you guys post about it, perhaps you should read the rules and understand them.

Kzizok, they are not required to reenter where the went off.

That hasn't been the rule since back in the 90's.

|

7/22/2017 6:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 6:20 PM

JustMX wrote:

You know, before you guys post about it, perhaps you should read the rules and understand them.

Kzizok, they are not required to reenter where the went off.

That hasn't been the rule since back in the 90's.

Yeah, I wasn't saying re-enter where he went off, just questioning if there was a spot at all to re-enter the track going up the hill, which would/could have been a closest point.

It wasnt a decleration of knowledge, rather a question to the conversation, which is apropo for a forum discussion.

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/22/2017 6:16 PM

OK so it's now the closest point to where the rider left the track, which is still not what JMart did. Never even attempted to do so.

On
-
Track Regulations
a.
Riders must remain on the marked course. The course will be marked by track markers,
boundary markers,
hay bales, tuff b
locks, dirt mounds, etc.. If the marking devices are knocked down, the rider must stay on the
or
iginal marked course.
b.
A rider leaving the course may continue the race by properly re
-
entering the course at the closest point to
where the rider left the course, without gaining an advantage.
If a rider leaves the course
for any reason
, the
rider must
imm
ediately slow down to a safe speed so as not to endanger life or limb of other riders, crew
members, officials, or the public
It will be the responsibility of the Race Director or his designee to determine
whether the rider gained an advantage upon re
-
e
ntry
or failed to slow down after leaving the course
. A rider
may be determined to have gained an advantage without gaining a position.

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

7/22/2017 6:22 PM

Oh my God, he gained a huge advantage by cutting the track. So I crash behind rider x, five guys pass me but I get up, cut the track and get back on the track wherever behind rider x, its ok? "But I didn't gain a position".. ha ha, you guys are funny. To make it look somewhat reasonbable, Martin should have at least waited for Osborne and got behind him because as a couple of you said, Osborne certainly would have went by if Martin stayed on the track where the incident happened. He should get a penalty!

|

7/22/2017 6:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 6:30 PM

^^^^The consenus is he should be penalized. I dont see any posts that said what de did was OK. He should and did get a penalty.

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/22/2017 6:49 PM

kzizok wrote:

^^^^The consenus is he should be penalized. I dont see any posts that said what de did was OK. He should and did get a penalty.

Where'd you see he received a penalty

|

7/22/2017 6:52 PM

kzizok wrote:

harescrambled wrote:

Where'd you see he received a penalty

Perhaps I was premature, but I took TeamGreens post at face value.

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/22/2017 7:45 PM

I think they should start handing out lifetime bans , that would open up better paying rides for slower riders.

|

7/22/2017 8:25 PM

I would normally agree with all of you, but happened to be right next to the track when it happened. No way, was he going to be able to get up that hill from a dead stop. There was a nasty kicker right there and is insanely steep. He should have entered after Osborne though. Those guys where flying down that hill and just happened to be where he fell in line. He did wait for a good bit of time to let the leaders go by.

|

7/22/2017 8:27 PM

If that isn't cutting the course, I don't know what is.

|

7/22/2017 9:18 PM

DD325 wrote:

I would normally agree with all of you, but happened to be right next to the track when it happened. No way, was he going to be able to get up that hill from a dead stop. There was a nasty kicker right there and is insanely steep. He should have entered after Osborne though. Those guys where flying down that hill and just happened to be where he fell in line. He did wait for a good bit of time to let the leaders go by.

See if he wouldn't have made it up the hill because of his mistake he should lose more than 1 position (he didn't lose any by crossing over). Mistakes have to have some sort of consequence, Savatgy basically lost the title because of his move in New Jersey.

If this was at Glen Helen (which has fencing almost around the entire track) he would have gotten stuck on the hill or would have had to go back down to the bottom to make it up the hill and he would have lost a ton of spots and time.

Shoot when Carmichael crashed down the third turn in 2001, he had to go all the way back to turn one because he couldn't make it back up the hill/cliff where he crashed off of.

|

7/22/2017 9:20 PM

He ate dirt ot long after... karma police got penalised him already I say.

|

7/22/2017 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 9:32 PM

That was BS, he did not even attempt to get back on the track anywhere near where he went off. Did not even see him look that direction like he was trying.

No he did not gain any advantage, he joined the "race" right behind Zach O, which was were he was went he went off the track.

But he lost at least 20 seconds during that excursion, and yet joined the race track exactly where he exited, still right behind Zach O.

Anyone who does not see a problem with that is a moran.

|

7/22/2017 9:33 PM

so yes, he did come back onto the track without losing or gaining a position, the problem is, Osborne was right on him and with that off the track error, Osborne would no doubt have gotten by him. The way it played out, Jeremy went off track and didn't lose any time. He should be penalized.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

7/22/2017 11:29 PM

If he had done the same spinout and left turn from the right side of the track and never left the track, he would have lost a ton of time having to regain a drive on the hill. I say he gained a substantial advantage by not trying to re-enter the track closer to where he exited and should be penalized. Never mind that karma crash after.
So if he actually was on the right side of the track, spun left, realized he was screwed if he restarted the climb, deliberately left the track to rejoin the downhill, what then?
I would say rejoin after Zach to avoid the obvious conflict.

|

7/22/2017 11:41 PM

rutsmash wrote:

Oh my God, he gained a huge advantage by cutting the track. So I crash behind rider x, five guys pass me but I get up, cut the track and get back on the track wherever behind rider x, its ok? "But I didn't gain a position".. ha ha, you guys are funny. To make it look somewhat reasonbable, Martin should have at least waited for Osborne and got behind him because as a couple of you said, Osborne certainly would have went by if Martin stayed on the track where the incident happened. He should get a penalty!

^^ The only sane person in here..

|

7/22/2017 11:51 PM

He didn't gain anything over the people that finished in front of him (*he crashed*). There was banners all the way to top of the hill with a small opening another tier up. That tier had a bunch of people on it. It was definitely more safe to enter where he did. Did he not lose ground for his mistake? Basically. It's not like he knew how many seconds the next guy was behind him to make sure he entered the track precisely to account for his mistake. For the guy that said it was 20 second mistake.... not even close. If you want riders to enter the track where they left then you need to lose some of the banners. I get it, they are sponsors but let's be honest they aren't keeping bikes on the track.

|

7/23/2017 2:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2017 2:09 AM

Cant blame the banners, because you have to go back where you left the track of you cant get back on or run through the banners, and the advantage gained was more so over all 3 dozen or so riders on the track who were not granted a pass on a mistake allowing them to cut off a section and resume where they left off. I remember a few guys who could have improved their career buy being able to turn mistakes into off track excursions followed buy heading over to the next lane and pulling on the track in front of whoever was behind them before the mistake. Hell, couldve cruised over a couple lanes to eliminate some more track and get a few more seconds to regroup. Definitely a luxury most folks dont know exist. Oh but those team bikes have always had special access passes when needed. Wouldve like to see what would have happened to the 10th place privateer had he done that. Its bullshit but there's plenty of it goin on if you look closely. Always has been.

|

7/23/2017 2:09 AM

Dan-The-Man wrote:

He didn't gain anything over the people that finished in front of him (*he crashed*). There was banners all the way to top of the hill with a small opening another tier up. That tier had a bunch of people on it. It was definitely more safe to enter where he did. Did he not lose ground for his mistake? Basically. It's not like he knew how many seconds the next guy was behind him to make sure he entered the track precisely to account for his mistake. For the guy that said it was 20 second mistake.... not even close. If you want riders to enter the track where they left then you need to lose some of the banners. I get it, they are sponsors but let's be honest they aren't keeping bikes on the track.

The fact that he crashed later is irrelevant, he still gained an advantage as he would've been even further back after he crashed. There were no banners where he went off the track. It's okay saying that he would've really struggled to get up the hill after he went off, tough shit, he shouldn't have made the mistake and put himself in that situation then. You can't just think oh it's going to be really difficult to do this section now, I'll just miss it out. That's not how racing works. It was a 15 to 20 second mistake. By the time he went off the track, turned around, got back on the track, got to the top of the hill it would have cost him 15 to 20 seconds and probably somewhere between 5-10 positions. As it turned out he lost absolutely nothing. I have no idea how it can not be a penalty

|