What we learned from these year mxdn

Jerkolantern
9/29/2019 9:22pm
Ummm we've won more nation's that anyone- right now our guys aren't into it like they used to be. That being said, the United States has the deepest pool of talent, and although we're struggling right now with a few guys we can't seem to beat, there will be another Ricky, James, Magoo, O'Mara, etc that will force our guys to ride faster. America will be fine, maybe not today or even next year, but it's a fact we will rise to the top again.
JFerry
9/29/2019 9:57pm
We learned that Zach Osbourne, who is a high salaried 14-year experienced pro rider, trained by world renowned Aldon Baker and provided with the highest level...
We learned that Zach Osbourne, who is a high salaried 14-year experienced pro rider, trained by world renowned Aldon Baker and provided with the highest level of technical support, multiple weeks of testing and best equipment possible by the KTM/Husqvarna global factory effort.....

....got smoked in his qualifying race, Race 2 and Race 3 by Harri Kulas from Estonia who had finished 23rd, 24th, 29th and 34th in the MXGP championship the last 4 years. Was further defeated by and enduro rider from Great Britain in the last moto and turned slower best lap times than Hakon Fredriksen and Henrik Wahl of Norway.

Further we learned that people do not appreciate harsh truths and an honest assesment of facts to critique a performance.
You are absolutly right but we knew that already. We enjoy their Youtube videos though, How much credit they have left?. Expectations will be always high.but the individual performance is poor. I believe mr Osborne was lapped in the third moto. Cannot tell because TV broadcast doesn´t care about mr. Osborne anymore.
JFerry
9/29/2019 10:19pm
Ummm we've won more nation's that anyone- right now our guys aren't into it like they used to be. That being said, the United States has...
Ummm we've won more nation's that anyone- right now our guys aren't into it like they used to be. That being said, the United States has the deepest pool of talent, and although we're struggling right now with a few guys we can't seem to beat, there will be another Ricky, James, Magoo, O'Mara, etc that will force our guys to ride faster. America will be fine, maybe not today or even next year, but it's a fact we will rise to the top again.

America can still shine in the MXON as a team because for Gajser, Jonas, Prado, etc, will be complex to get competitive team mates. But what some people have to realize is that an 18 years old boy on his first moto in a 450 can smoke any american star easily.
What next generation can offer I don´t know, but to beat Prado, van de Moosdijk, Geerts, etc, seems unealistic at the moment.
I imagine people know that Gajser turned just 23 few days ago.

The Shop

MBR
9/29/2019 10:33pm
We learned that Zach Osbourne, who is a high salaried 14-year experienced pro rider, trained by world renowned Aldon Baker and provided with the highest level...
We learned that Zach Osbourne, who is a high salaried 14-year experienced pro rider, trained by world renowned Aldon Baker and provided with the highest level of technical support, multiple weeks of testing and best equipment possible by the KTM/Husqvarna global factory effort.....

....got smoked in his qualifying race, Race 2 and Race 3 by Harri Kulas from Estonia who had finished 23rd, 24th, 29th and 34th in the MXGP championship the last 4 years. Was further defeated by and enduro rider from Great Britain in the last moto and turned slower best lap times than Hakon Fredriksen and Henrik Wahl of Norway.

Further we learned that people do not appreciate harsh truths and an honest assesment of facts to critique a performance.
That is little misleading, as Harri has raced only a few GP’s in the last few seasons. He has had a great season in England this year (won the MX1 class in UK nationals) and back in 2015 had a podium in MX2 World Championship. Harri is a much better racer that your post leads to believe and a great starter also.
Adam89
9/29/2019 10:42pm
I think this is just more proof in the pudding that the riders over the pond are the dominant series right now.
Team Aus were looking promising at one stage which was cool to see
captmoto
9/29/2019 10:55pm
RG1 wrote:
I don’t understand how you can say they don’t have the heart for it. If there’s one thing Team USA showed today it was heart. Both...
I don’t understand how you can say they don’t have the heart for it. If there’s one thing Team USA showed today it was heart. Both Cooper and Anderson showed a lot of heart in that first moto. Shit just went sideways on the day.
Everything is different from bike set up to riding style, line selection, track layout and prep, television influence. It would be nice but I think our run is done. Throw in rider apathy. SX is where the money is. The manufacturers value SX titles more than outdoors or MXoN. (Kawasaki anyway). We will have our own version of MX and Europe will have theirs and theirs will be better because it is more pure.
I am a big fan of racing here and abroad but they are just two different animals and our riders always admit to it being different. I will always pull for Team USA but don't really see us going on runs like our teams used to.
Ranman68
9/29/2019 11:01pm
We lost mxon events in the 90s and 2000s. Look it up. We never won every mxon, and when we lost it was generally in mud or a sandy type of track. In 2017 we sent a C team who had a double moto shock failure/dnf, so I wouldn't count that. The last two years have been muddy, sandy, mushy shit races where we've also had some bad luck. Prior to this, we were battling for wins at mxon with B teams. Just watch the 2015 and 2016 mxon events. Watch the 2016 and 2017 usgp events as well. We are just fine and we will win the mxon again and still be untouchable in sx. You can bet your ass on it. We can't win all the time in any conditions and we never were able to.
America isn't crumbling. We're strong and badass. If you doubt that and you're worried about it, you should move to another country or shut the fk up.
tcallahan707
9/29/2019 11:18pm
RG1 wrote:
I don’t understand how you can say they don’t have the heart for it. If there’s one thing Team USA showed today it was heart. Both...
I don’t understand how you can say they don’t have the heart for it. If there’s one thing Team USA showed today it was heart. Both Cooper and Anderson showed a lot of heart in that first moto. Shit just went sideways on the day.
captmoto wrote:
Everything is different from bike set up to riding style, line selection, track layout and prep, television influence. It would be nice but I think our...
Everything is different from bike set up to riding style, line selection, track layout and prep, television influence. It would be nice but I think our run is done. Throw in rider apathy. SX is where the money is. The manufacturers value SX titles more than outdoors or MXoN. (Kawasaki anyway). We will have our own version of MX and Europe will have theirs and theirs will be better because it is more pure.
I am a big fan of racing here and abroad but they are just two different animals and our riders always admit to it being different. I will always pull for Team USA but don't really see us going on runs like our teams used to.
It's road racing vs oval racing. A lot of variables go into anything and that's where differences grow from. This is all simply the evolution of our sport at the moment.
9/29/2019 11:22pm
What the heck are you talking about?

Team USA was of course out of their element, but if not for some of the worst luck I have ever seen in 25 years of watching MXON (two team mates crashing into each other really HARD on the first lap of the first race for those that have not see the crash footage), they would have had a really good chance at 2nd, which would have been fantastic all things considered. Honestly Anderson and Cooper were lucky to even get up and keep racing.

I get it, most teams had a struggle of some sort, bike problems, goggles, etc. but that was pretty rough. Ruined Coopers entire day and JAs first moto. Not an excuse, just reality, but we all know bad luck is part of racing sometimes. Reminded me of NLD last year, they should have won back to back.

Also, they have hoods over cameras now a days that extend out several feet, there are also paper towels, camera towers that have roofs over them, etc. what the heck were they using? The footage from our last hurricane over here looked much better, not joking!

G-man
9/29/2019 11:23pm
Team Fried had to be the stupidest name ever to bring to an event like the Moto D..... Sick
tek14
9/29/2019 11:27pm
Did Justin Cooper broke his hand?
tcallahan707
9/29/2019 11:29pm
Ummm we've won more nation's that anyone- right now our guys aren't into it like they used to be. That being said, the United States has...
JFerry wrote:
America can still shine in the MXON as a team because for Gajser, Jonas, Prado, etc, will be complex to get competitive team mates. But what...

America can still shine in the MXON as a team because for Gajser, Jonas, Prado, etc, will be complex to get competitive team mates. But what some people have to realize is that an 18 years old boy on his first moto in a 450 can smoke any american star easily.
What next generation can offer I don´t know, but to beat Prado, van de Moosdijk, Geerts, etc, seems unealistic at the moment.
Your first sentence was promising enough that I continued to read. I wish I hadn't.

We don't have to realize shit. Is Prado impressive? Yes. But wtf are you talking about. You can't even compare Prado to Anderson in the first moto. And if you could, it's quite the stretch to jump to the conclusion that "smoke any American star easily", considering Anderson was our 4th place guy.

I haven't even heard of two of the guys you mentioned that are unrealistic to beat.

Your conclusion may or may not be right but your reasoning is dogshit.
9/29/2019 11:49pm
that no matter how hard lubongo tries to fck it up, no matter how bad the weather and track were, it is still the single most important, crazy fun event to watch..

that ferris fcked herlings chance of getting gajser, (accidentally) in a phenom ride from behind.
JFerry
9/30/2019 12:07am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2019 12:09am
JFerry wrote:
America can still shine in the MXON as a team because for Gajser, Jonas, Prado, etc, will be complex to get competitive team mates. But what...

Your first sentence was promising enough that I continued to read. I wish I hadn't. We don't have to realize shit. Is Prado impressive? Yes. But...
Your first sentence was promising enough that I continued to read. I wish I hadn't.

We don't have to realize shit. Is Prado impressive? Yes. But wtf are you talking about. You can't even compare Prado to Anderson in the first moto. And if you could, it's quite the stretch to jump to the conclusion that "smoke any American star easily", considering Anderson was our 4th place guy.

I haven't even heard of two of the guys you mentioned that are unrealistic to beat.

Your conclusion may or may not be right but your reasoning is dogshit.
Truth hurts, but if you stop the BS and look at the lap charts, you can see that from lap 10th mr. Prado is on average 2-3 seconds faster than mr. Anderson. 3rd moto, Anderson had a better start. Mr. Prado just jump in the 450 2 weeks ago. First race ever.

Mr. Anderson 4th overall, 2nd american. Mr Osborne, 3rd american, AMA 2019.

colonel
9/30/2019 12:21am
Mud races do not do well for USA riders.
Outdoors against Top Europeans you mean.
jamma10
9/30/2019 2:44am
We learnt that individually the American riders proved what they were capable of, as each of them had one good race result, but some shit luck and treacherous conditions - that you can't really train for - meant it wasn't to be.

Realistically they were probably not going to challenge for the overall with the Netherlands, but they were definitely still capable of a podium had it not been a slop-fest.

Next year the MXdN is back to Ernee. In 2015 TeamUSA finished 2nd overall with just 16 points, narrowly losing out to France who finished on 14. I'll be very surprised if they don't do very well there again.
9/30/2019 3:13am
We learnt that Luongo's 'genius' pyramid system pushes out talented riders who can compete at the highest level. Harri Kullas, Filip Bengtsson, Dennis Ullrich all put in competitive rides but don't have a hope of getting back into the GPs full time, especially as only a maximum of 40 entries are taken for each class at a GP.
Also some guys seriously put themselves in the shop window: Kyle Webster, Regan Duffy, Hakon Fredriksen, Bastian Bogh Damm, Henrik Wahl and even Toms Macuks.
JFerry
9/30/2019 3:15am
jamma10 wrote:
We learnt that individually the American riders proved what they were capable of, as each of them had one good race result, but some shit luck...
We learnt that individually the American riders proved what they were capable of, as each of them had one good race result, but some shit luck and treacherous conditions - that you can't really train for - meant it wasn't to be.

Realistically they were probably not going to challenge for the overall with the Netherlands, but they were definitely still capable of a podium had it not been a slop-fest.

Next year the MXdN is back to Ernee. In 2015 TeamUSA finished 2nd overall with just 16 points, narrowly losing out to France who finished on 14. I'll be very surprised if they don't do very well there again.
Actually it´s the other way around. Americans are strong as a team. Big country,, big teams, many riders in a Team event as MXon they should be always the one to beat.
The problem is that individual results are very poor. Second moto, 3 official 450 riders (actually 2).. Coldenhoff, Jonas and Osborne. All others 250 or satellite teams. The worst Osborne should do is 3rd. He finished 5th, 1:30 min from Coldenhoff and Jonas.
9/30/2019 3:26am
You know, USA was actually very good. We could see that on saturday. It was just dumn bad luck that your fastest guy Cooper crashed AND took down Anderson too.... I think if that didn't happen, they would have ended up in 2nd. (I know, if and but)
It was basicly bad luck for team USA, it was absolutely not a 'riding in mud problem' like some say...
jamma10
9/30/2019 3:50am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2019 3:55am
jamma10 wrote:
We learnt that individually the American riders proved what they were capable of, as each of them had one good race result, but some shit luck...

JFerry wrote:
Actually it´s the other way around. Americans are strong as a team. Big country,, big teams, many riders in a Team event as MXon they should...
Actually it´s the other way around. Americans are strong as a team. Big country,, big teams, many riders in a Team event as MXon they should be always the one to beat.
The problem is that individual results are very poor. Second moto, 3 official 450 riders (actually 2).. Coldenhoff, Jonas and Osborne. All others 250 or satellite teams. The worst Osborne should do is 3rd. He finished 5th, 1:30 min from Coldenhoff and Jonas.
Simpson may race for a satellite team but he usually excels in sand and the bad conditions suited him. Kullas is an experienced sand rider who has been around the block for a while now - Osborne previously raced him back in his GP and British Championship days.

I know Americans set a very high bar for themselves but Zachs 5th is still a GOOD Moto finish at an MXdN, especially on an incredibly difficult track like that - as is the 8th that Anderson had in the final race. To get on the podium you normally need four top ten results and one top twelve-fifteen finish. They don't have to be exceptional.

The US riders could definitely have managed that without Cooper and Anderson both hitting the deck in the opening Moto.
aees
9/30/2019 3:54am
hamncheeze wrote:
What I learned: The winners on the day were the Netherlands and Giuseppe Luongo. He put a race in a paved moto stadium, probably charged a...
What I learned: The winners on the day were the Netherlands and Giuseppe Luongo. He put a race in a paved moto stadium, probably charged a shitload of money for tickets, swindled a bunch of international viewers for absolutely abysmal coverage, and built a dog of a track that was GUARANTEED to be awful if it was wet (nowhere to drain). I'm sure it was great for his VIP sponsors to have the luxury boxes while the paying fans were kept far away from the action in a grandstand. Whatever, doesn't matter as long as the bottom line looks good. I'm sure Luongo is drinking a negroni and lighting some of the money on fire to keep warm tonight. Eff you Youthstream. You ruin this sport.
You have no idea what you are talking about. That track with pretty much no standing water despite taking 40mm of rain was as good as it can be. Water was drained to several big places.

Out it on any other track and it would be like a mudd SX when bikes get stuck and they have to be lifted out by 3-4 people. That did not happen all weekend.
Crisp
9/30/2019 4:30am
I learned that team Estonia getting 4th was just awesome for them, and incredibly surprising for me.
9/30/2019 5:17am
Zaugg wrote:
The US should just send mud specialist because it seems like every year it rains and the track turns into a sloppy shit-show. The track crew...
The US should just send mud specialist because it seems like every year it rains and the track turns into a sloppy shit-show.

The track crew were on point...

Netherlands is going to be tough to beat in the next few years.

MXGP Camera crew should use Rain-X on their cameras or put those guys under canopies. (Come on Luongo.)

Paul Malin does an amazing job as always.

Jeff Emig has lap times on lock.

JT$ should join Weege and GL in the booth next year.

By every year you mean the last 3? Not exactly a lot of years is it
9/30/2019 5:36am
G-man wrote:
Team Fried had to be the stupidest name ever to bring to an event like the Moto D..... Sick
not if youre 14-17...
its a ride on the ronny mac wave
funny for about a minute for anyone with more brain cells than sperm..
sandman768
9/30/2019 5:50am
We should send the GNCC riders next year...
whyZ
9/30/2019 9:24am
What I learned, or better yet watched, was not a race. I think a better depiction would be a challenge. Beside a few sprinkled moments, the only real racing was from the gate drop to the first turn. After that all it was, was riders challenging themselves to keep their bike upright. Regardless, appreciate the efforts, and commitment of our riders.
Detroit Dick
9/30/2019 12:53pm
Jason/Justin/Zacho are never-say-die MFers! ( I guess we already knew that), and, until the Nationals is the premier series in the States, we're gonna be underdogs most years.

Post a reply to: What we learned from these year mxdn

The Latest