What was your biggest surprise from A1

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
Edited Date/Time 1/9/2020 12:05am
biggest surprise Good or bad ?
|
1/6/2020 10:20pm
Webb for sure.. I am far from a fan, I didn’t think he was gonna do as well this year, he was sick, qualified 15th then put it on the damn box! Dude is gonna be hard to beat this year for the title
1/6/2020 10:33pm
Webb for sure.. I am far from a fan, I didn’t think he was gonna do as well this year, he was sick, qualified 15th then...
Webb for sure.. I am far from a fan, I didn’t think he was gonna do as well this year, he was sick, qualified 15th then put it on the damn box! Dude is gonna be hard to beat this year for the title
Same^^^
Deja New
1/6/2020 11:01pm
Barcia on a dry track winning A1 did not see that coming but good for him lets shake it up this year for the next 16 rounds.

The Shop

Talisker
1/6/2020 11:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 11:21pm
How long it took to dish out Forkner’s penalty.
How Bam Bam and Adam were riding like it was round 5 and the rest of the field was on auto pilot.
Eli Tomac.....Bro wake up!!! This is professional Supercross!!!! Round 8 is too late to start riding!!!!
Mookie..... Your Better Than That!!!
Kenny.....Are You Still Sick!?!?!?!?
Reed......What’s Wrong With The Bike This Time???!!!???!!!!!!!!!!?????
Bowers...... You Still Don’t Know They Take The Top 4 In The LCQ!!!......WTF!!!!
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/6/2020 11:39pm
My biggest Surprise was Bagget. Maybe because he has always started bad but he was way off of my radar for being Top 5.
And next surprise for me was AC. I know lots of others had him winning on the box and what not but I didn't think that personally. Not that I don't think he is good but just with the deep field.
motomike137
1/7/2020 3:42am
Roczen and Tomac looking like they could get shuffled back in the order. I know Eli never seems to be clicking early in the series but it still surprises me. Roczen explaining how he ran to stiff of a suspension setting knowingly also baffles me.
bionic218
1/7/2020 5:03am
Good: New announcer/Brit guy was actually pretty good. Barcia was on the gas, looking like he was getting along well with the new bike, and Deano showing up after that terrible crash at MEC. JCoop32, aside from one little brush with AF52 in the heat race, looking like he's actually matured and understands the game much better than last year.

Bad: Camera crew and directors sucking - pointing the camera at the sky at one point during a moto, wtf?, and cutting away from most all the front action in the 450s to watch ET3 and KR94 battle it out for the back half of the top 10. Lame. Forkner still can't figure out SX. Kid's a missile for sure, unguided and not really sure where he's going to land, but he's going fast getting there. (A lot of guys had trouble in the rhythm section in that main, so I'll let that slide, but another spectacular high speed wadding in practice - kid is hard headed for sure.) Still doesn't grasp that nobody wins practice. Reminds me of several others who had this kind of pace - Stroupe for example - super fast, but not very in control.
level
1/7/2020 5:11am
How deep the field was and how good some people did and how poorly others. Gone are the days where one or two people will run away you literally have ten people that could win. That being said it’s the first race.

Cooper was flying. Barcia was the biggest surprise. He was smoking everyone. His bike setup was incredible. Webb is doing great on the 450 but he still was much faster and better suited on the 250 but hey Ricky did it so Webb can also. Just because you are short is no excuse. But Webb’s style is so different on the 450 and I miss him balls to the wall on that 250f.

Reed is in the back of the field with bowers and the others.

I was also surprised how bad the track broke down. It was bad by the 450 main. Tomac being fat back and roczen as well was very surprising. You would think by this time they would have there bikes dialed in. Adam was shocking. Didn’t expect a rookie to come out and smoke everyone.

There was a ton of surprises for me. I was surprised the whole night like what the shit is going on here.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
1/7/2020 7:22am
Barcia - Good... Seriously, how many picked him to win versus the rest of the top dogs.

Tomac - Bad... Uh, that was an incredibly uninspiring ride for the guy that needs to get it done this year.

Osborne - Honorable Mention Bad... On the ground WAY too much for a guy looking to run top 5.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
1/7/2020 9:29am
Positive surprises in order
1) Barcia
2) Baggett
3) Webb
4) AC
5) Wilson

Negative surprises
1)Tomac
2)Roczen
3)Zacho
robkinuk
1/7/2020 10:46am
Someone lost the trophies and champagne for the 250cc Podium guys!
DJB
1/7/2020 11:12am
$32 for 2 beers and still not putting up list of riders before each start.
oldnwise
1/7/2020 1:04pm
BORING! No excitement, all commercials between races. I felt like I was in the television!!!
Most boring A1 ever
JeepnMike
1/7/2020 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 9:27pm
I know the field is stacked. However, it seemed like quite a few of the riders were in survival mode. It will be interesting to see if there is any new intensity come this weekend. Barcia and Webb really seemed to be on fire all things considered.

I know folks either love Diffey, or not a fan (without significant reason at this point). To me and not knowing Ralph wasn't going to be there, was like a crisp new pair of underwear.. I can't tell if I like them or not. I will say with 50% of the SX broadcast crew having accents, if I was not a regular fan of the sport, I would not have known if I was watching American SX or not. Diffey seemed to know what he was talking about and he didn't make any more mistakes than anybody else, I just had no idea someone else would be with RC, and not a familiar face at that.

Side note, RC looks like a changed man.. Good on you RC!!
davistld01
1/7/2020 2:48pm
I actually stood and clapped when I saw the playback of Barcia leaping in front of Friese by jumping over the tuff blocks in the corner! I haven't been a huge Barcia fan, but he got my vote on that one...and riding like he did on a dry A1 track. I hope he keeps it going. He could make it a very interesting season...especially if he, AC & Cooper trade top spots all year.
1/7/2020 3:45pm
- BAM BAM
- Can't remember the last time A1 broke down like that (besides mud races).
- Ferrandis's whoop speed..... he was on another level. I guess those ape hangers + DV influence has helped
- AP7, BARELY making the main event. Gutted for him. Hope he figures things out.
- Christian Craig - Not really a surprise, but boy did he look like he had a chip on his shoulder. Looked really good!
- They had 250 Heat 1 staged at the gate before opening ceremonies even started.
- Justin Starling - Qualified 28th on a "mellow" 250F in the 450 class..... a 1:01.094 would have put him 18th in 250 qualifying.
- Michael Mosiman - Won the LCQ (after crashing in the heat) with a total race time of 6:58. Zach Osborne won the 450 LCQ with a total race time of 6:56, only 2 seconds faster than Mosiman.
- The 450 podium consisted of riders who live in Florida. The 250 podium consisted of riders who live in California.
- Baggett had his young kid strapped to him when he rode out for opening ceremonies.
- Also Baggett, P4 in the main is a good sign!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/7/2020 7:45pm
DudleyOrie wrote:
No surprise. The series begins after A1.
What rocket surgeon told you that?

I'll guess it's someone that hasn't been a Supercross champion. The points at A1 count just the same as every other round. So far, Barcia has 25 points that a whole bunch of other guys wish they had.
kiwifan
1/7/2020 8:03pm
Good - AC's performance
Bad - tie between Tomac's result and the track breaking down so badly
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/7/2020 8:47pm
JeepnMike wrote:
I know the field is stacked. However, it seemed like quite a few of the riders were in survival mode. It will be interesting to see...
I know the field is stacked. However, it seemed like quite a few of the riders were in survival mode. It will be interesting to see if there is any new intensity come this weekend. Barcia and Webb really seemed to be on fire all things considered.

I know folks either love Diffey, or not a fan (without significant reason at this point). To me and not knowing Ralph wasn't going to be there, was like a crisp new pair of underwear.. I can't tell if I like them or not. I will say with 50% of the SX broadcast crew having accents, if I was not a regular fan of the sport, I would not have known if I was watching American SX or not. Diffey seemed to know what he was talking about and he didn't make any more mistakes than anybody else, I just had no idea someone else would be with RC, and not a familiar face at that.

Side note, RC looks like a changed man.. Good on you RC!!
I'll agree on RC. Good to see.

He's always done quite a bit of cycling training. This was diet modification.
McG194
1/7/2020 8:50pm
My biggest surprise was Tomac shitting the bed...…….

Kidding, I totally expected that.

The biggest surprise for me was Justin Coopers maturity. Dude has an amazing start to his career going but last year after Forkner got injured and it was up to him and Sexton he was overaggressive and made stupid mistakes. This year on the coast with deeper talent and with all top guys riding he was fast and actually rode like he had been there for years. Maybe the MXdN helped mature him a bit.
1/7/2020 8:58pm
My biggest surprise was Barcia winning. I had either KR94 or Adam (who I want to win the title). But it was a pleasant surprise, and I hope Barcia can keep going forward with good results.
mb60
1/7/2020 8:59pm
GuyB wrote:
What rocket surgeon told you that? I'll guess it's someone that hasn't been a Supercross champion. The points at A1 count just the same as every...
What rocket surgeon told you that?

I'll guess it's someone that hasn't been a Supercross champion. The points at A1 count just the same as every other round. So far, Barcia has 25 points that a whole bunch of other guys wish they had.
I thought Barcia had 26 points. (:
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/7/2020 9:01pm
mb60 wrote:
I thought Barcia had 26 points. (:
He has 25 points that other guys wish they had, but he also has 26. Wink
1/7/2020 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 9:07pm
Angel Stadium was packed. Sold out at 45k apparently.... not sure how accurate is though.

Post a reply to: What was your biggest surprise from A1

The Latest