What was the drama during Martins first run with star Yamaha?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/25/2020 6:04 PM

Anybody?

|

11/25/2020 6:07 PM

Maybe look into the TMZ archives for info.. tongue

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

11/25/2020 6:21 PM

Cooper Webb started getting the royal treatment because at the time I guess he was faster. Near the end of the season Jeremy Martin actually had a separate pit with the easy up away from the semi. There's probably a lot more to that story, but that's all I remember from it

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

11/25/2020 6:47 PM

And coincidence that both Martin brothers bikes blow when Cooper starts to run up front

|

11/25/2020 6:50 PM

I thought it stemmed from Cooper getting the 450 ride and basically became the golden boy with Yamaha. But ya, I remember JMart pitting sort of away from the main pit by the end of the season.

|

11/25/2020 6:56 PM

|

Powerband in every gear !

11/25/2020 8:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 8:12 PM

They sabotaged his bike at high point....allegedly

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

11/25/2020 8:31 PM

Then after he left the team, Justin Cooper broke his back. That’s the more interesting plot line in the “Day of our Lives” show at Star

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

11/25/2020 8:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2020 9:08 PM

Im a HUGE JMart fan but in all reality he had his part in the drama as well. He admittedly didnt wanna train with the team and didnt wanna be close to his rivals. He says he left the Carmichael Farm for this very reason. They were headed towards the Baker Factory style of training and at that point he wanted to do his own program separate from anyone. I also personally know Steve Lamson really liked JMart so I doubt there was very much unfairness going on except what was going on in his own head. Lastly, if all the B.S. was true do you really think he would of just resigned with the team?

If you read that RacerX article linked above youll read he didnt want to train with the team but yet he wanted a more "family" and bonded team to be on. He contradicts himself badly. Also we've all seen the footage and know Justin Cooper didnt purposely break his back..

|

11/25/2020 9:01 PM

berm surfer wrote:

Im a HUGE JMart fan but in all reality he had his part in the drama as well. He admittedly didnt wanna train with the team and didnt wanna be close to his rivals. He says he left the Carmichael Farm for this very reason. They were headed towards the Baker Factory style of training and at that point he wanted to do his own program separate from anyone. I also personally know Steve Lamson really liked JMart so I doubt there was very much unfairness going on except what was going on in his own head. Lastly, if all the B.S. was true do you really think he would of just resigned with the team?

If you read that RacerX article linked above youll read he didnt want to train with the team but yet he wanted a more "family" and bonded team to be on. He contradicts himself badly. Also we've all seen the footage and know Justin Cooper didnt purposely break his back..

What's Lamson up to?

|

11/25/2020 10:35 PM

berm surfer wrote:

Darrin Willis wrote:

What's Lamson up to?

Training dudes in the military to ride motorcycles/dirt bikes.. Pretty badass gig

|

11/25/2020 10:52 PM

Same thing all factory riders face. Only one rider gets all the “factory” parts. They had their money on Webb at the time. Same thing going on between AC and tomac etc....

|

11/26/2020 12:07 AM

bigk218 wrote:

Same thing all factory riders face. Only one rider gets all the “factory” parts. They had their money on Webb at the time. Same thing going on between AC and tomac etc....

Care to expand between et and ac?

|

11/26/2020 4:35 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

All wonder about this has to have been discarded now he's re-signed with them, no?

If he genuinely thought they sabotaged his or anyone else's bikes, EVER, there's no way he'd trust them again, right?

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

11/26/2020 6:47 AM

I think they’ve tainted the water supply. Seems to be a lack of masculinity and a huge desire for drama here lately. Maybe there should be a TMZ section for all who crave it. Surely can’t be solely contributed to just the off season.

|

11/26/2020 9:55 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

All wonder about this has to have been discarded now he's re-signed with them, no?

If he genuinely thought they sabotaged his or anyone else's bikes, EVER, there's no way he'd trust them again, right?

Well dude, we just don’t know

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

11/26/2020 10:30 AM

Another factor in that 2016 season with J-Mart was him training with O'Show and getting put into a deep hole of overtraining and illness. When one gets into that physical state, there is an associated mental part of it that can be very damaging to personal relationships because the person is just riding a rollercoaster of hormone imbalance and fatigue.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

11/27/2020 1:25 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Exactly, Star definitely screwed something up and there was 4-5 guys on the team with 2 blown motors.....it just happened to be the two Martins. I have a real hard time believing that ownership of that team would ever allow sabotage to take place. There is nothing good that could come of it.

|

11/27/2020 1:28 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

Another factor in that 2016 season with J-Mart was him training with O'Show and getting put into a deep hole of overtraining and illness. When one gets into that physical state, there is an associated mental part of it that can be very damaging to personal relationships because the person is just riding a rollercoaster of hormone imbalance and fatigue.

Yes, a healthy JMart in 2016 is a nightmare for Webb. Honestly, I don't believe Webb ever gets a 250 outdoor title with JMart at 100% that year.

|

11/27/2020 3:10 PM

Photo
|

11/29/2020 7:32 AM

He accused them of sabotaging his equipment. Enough said that’s really really bad.

|

11/29/2020 7:44 AM

nytsmaC wrote: Photo

|