What was the big SX announcement

downard254
Edited Date/Time 10/4/2020 3:56am
Hey guys, been working like a dog the last month or so and haven’t been on Vital too much lately. Did I miss the big upcoming news related to SX, or has it just not come out yet. I feel like I’ve been under a rock lately and it’s been keeping me away from riding and engaging in the sport. I just thought I may have missed the big news.
|
duckdog77
10/3/2020 3:42am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2020 3:46am
Gieco pulling out of the sport

And

Dungee coming back to the sport was another.

Those are the biggest two things I can think of.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
10/3/2020 5:46am
duckdog77 wrote:

And

So no more “15 minutes left of this race, why not get on the phone and get a quote”?

But for real, Gieco Honda has to be one of the best teams this past decade.
downard254
10/3/2020 4:31pm
I thought there was mention of merging SX and MX, but that was probably just Vital talk.

The Shop

Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
10/3/2020 5:47pm
duckdog77 wrote:

And

Jordan421 wrote:
So no more “15 minutes left of this race, why not get on the phone and get a quote”? But for real, Gieco Honda has to...
So no more “15 minutes left of this race, why not get on the phone and get a quote”?

But for real, Gieco Honda has to be one of the best teams this past decade.
Supposedly Geico made a deal for the outdoors to keep that little ad at 15 minutes. I was hoping that was going away but seems not
EngIceDave
10/3/2020 5:51pm
Leeham wrote:
Supposedly Geico made a deal for the outdoors to keep that little ad at 15 minutes. I was hoping that was going away but seems not
You realize how messed up that is?

In one breath, we're all talking about and worrying about teams and money, sponsors leaving and taking truck loads of cash with them, and in the next breath, we're complaining about the very reason they are in our sport...to advertise

They see us as a target market, a target demographic, and they're willing to throw money our way so we can watch live moto on tv.

Geez......
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
10/3/2020 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2020 6:38pm
Leeham wrote:
EngIceDave wrote:
You realize how messed up that is? In one breath, we're all talking about and worrying about teams and money, sponsors leaving and taking truck loads...
You realize how messed up that is?

In one breath, we're all talking about and worrying about teams and money, sponsors leaving and taking truck loads of cash with them, and in the next breath, we're complaining about the very reason they are in our sport...to advertise

They see us as a target market, a target demographic, and they're willing to throw money our way so we can watch live moto on tv.

Geez......
I mispoke, what I mean is they are willing to pay to have their little ad at 15 minutes but not work with a team that does very well. And I dont know where that money goes for the 15 min mark, is it straight to NBC? Or the actual series. Does it actually support the sport? If so, by all means keep right on. Ill never get an actual answer. I do want to see the FC team going, preferably they way they are. The Geico bikes looks sick!

Also, the audience for motocross is not nearly as big as other sport like we know, so that 15 min mark spot doesnt cost as much as say the 15 min mark in other sports like football or whatever.
EngIceDave
10/3/2020 7:53pm
Companies come and go in sports advertising....NASCAR used to be Winston cigarettes.

Supercross was Camel
Was also Coors, is Coors evil because they couldn't be a sponsor indefinitely?

Dude, be happy they came in, tossed a ton of money at the sport, got some good results and hopefully made a few bucks, and will come back at a later date that is best for them.

BobbyLight
10/4/2020 2:25am
EngIceDave wrote:
Companies come and go in sports advertising....NASCAR used to be Winston cigarettes. Supercross was Camel Was also Coors, is Coors evil because they couldn't be a...
Companies come and go in sports advertising....NASCAR used to be Winston cigarettes.

Supercross was Camel
Was also Coors, is Coors evil because they couldn't be a sponsor indefinitely?

Dude, be happy they came in, tossed a ton of money at the sport, got some good results and hopefully made a few bucks, and will come back at a later date that is best for them.

Exactly. Nobody is going to want to sponsor anything in moto if they know they are going to be burned at the stake if they ever pull out later. Not sure why nobody gets that.

Post a reply to: What was the big SX announcement

The Latest