What type of Vibration Dampening products do you use, if any?!?!?

swordfish
9/30/2022 4:50am
TE Flex bars. Really more for taking the sting out of square edged stuff than vibration. I have a TPi so it’s pretty smooth to begin with.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
9/30/2022 8:51am
Gimmick wrote:
I read an article in MxA back in the early 2000s . The guys were having trouble with vibrations on the new two strokes at the...
I read an article in MxA back in the early 2000s . The guys were having trouble with vibrations on the new two strokes at the time. They actually took a small piece of rubber about four inches long and half inch diameter and inserted into their rectum before going out to ride. The results were incredible: reduced vibrations while riding by around 70%
KTM riders have been using this trick for years
Zerofear66
9/30/2022 9:37am
The fasstco fkex bars on my Honda AF Cr 500 work awesome and took out a lot of the buzz
This is exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to build an AF but the vibes ....😂

The Shop

Rider 5280
9/30/2022 11:08am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2022 4:59pm
Gravel wrote:
I’m using 20 pounds of belly fat..
I just spit coffee all over my keyboard and screen. Eff'ing HILARIOUS.

Thank you, Fellow Fatty (although I might be carrying 30#s at this point .... 50% more than you!).
OldPro277
9/30/2022 11:38am
Dumb Question . . . What type of foam do you put in the bars?!?!?!
I've used 1/2" diameter foam rubber (from McMaster-Carr) per advice from Billy at Luxon . Super cheap and definitely the best bang for you buck. That piece of $ 5 foam had a bigger affect than the $ 450 Mako bar clamps. But I used both on my Vintage Husky and I'm pleased. But doing it again, I'd just go the $5 McMaster-Carr route, lol
McG194
9/30/2022 3:13pm
Not really vibration dampening except for the real big vibrations but I run a Precision Racing Products steering damper on everything. You can solidly hit a tree and it absorbs enough that you are not crashing. I have one on my newer KTM and I have one for sale that fits a 4 stroke Yamaha that I'd probably take $250 for.
Rider 5280
9/30/2022 5:00pm
OldPro277 wrote:
I've used 1/2" diameter foam rubber (from McMaster-Carr) per advice from Billy at Luxon . Super cheap and definitely the best bang for you buck. That...
I've used 1/2" diameter foam rubber (from McMaster-Carr) per advice from Billy at Luxon . Super cheap and definitely the best bang for you buck. That piece of $ 5 foam had a bigger affect than the $ 450 Mako bar clamps. But I used both on my Vintage Husky and I'm pleased. But doing it again, I'd just go the $5 McMaster-Carr route, lol
Tell us more!

Can you give us the URL to the product?
9/30/2022 5:27pm
Why would you want to damper vibration? Its the best part of the whole thing !
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/30/2022 6:07pm
I have the Mako 360 on my Beta and the flexx bars on my YZ 250X. Both nice, flexx bar not as much room on the...
I have the Mako 360 on my Beta and the flexx bars on my YZ 250X. Both nice, flexx bar not as much room on the bars for all the switches, buttons, hand guards, lever, etc. Riding off road only, no tracks.

You do not ride, just stop…, Tongue
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
9/30/2022 6:07pm
OldPro277 wrote:
I've used 1/2" diameter foam rubber (from McMaster-Carr) per advice from Billy at Luxon . Super cheap and definitely the best bang for you buck. That...
Rider 5280 wrote:
Tell us more!

You may have to alter the diameter based on your particular bars:

https://www.mcmaster.com/1298N7/
OldPro277
9/30/2022 6:35pm
OldPro277 wrote:
Rider 5280 wrote:
Tell us more!

Easy to find. Go to McMaster.com , search “foam cord”, there are several types and sizes to choose from. I used the 5/8” white silicone . Measure the ID of your bars and get a size slightly larger,so it compresses. It’s a bit of a job to get it thru the bars fully. I found it easier to cut 4”- 6” sections to press in separately,use some lubricant and have a small diameter but semi stiff “pushrod” to push the foam cords in the bars. To test the theory, hang a set of bars from the ceiling and tap them with a wrench and hear and see the “ting” and vibration. Stuff a set with silicone cord and try the test again, you’ll be shocked how “dead” the bars become. Same effect on transmitting that vibration to you hands.
9/30/2022 8:43pm
The original and 1 and only RG3 4 rubber mount triple clamp. All Global 532LLc riders are required to run this component.

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/30/2022 9:27pm
I saw this on Thumber talk. Filling the ends of his bars with lead. I think it was a street bike.

McG194
10/1/2022 12:24pm
The original and 1 and only RG3 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/30/571455/s1200_567DF82A_09E2_4979_A226_0A0602E57036.jpg[/img]4 rubber mount triple clamp. All Global 532LLc riders are required to run this component. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/30/571459/s1200_13F143F4_5FF5_48AB_A693_2FE1AA00DFF6.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/30/571457/s1200_C45497A5_E4BE_4ED1_8D90_68B0ED59184C.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/30/571458/s1200_D643A6CB_11F0_4026_AF14_6747F9F5FF5E.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/30/571456/s1200_45389EDC_6A29_4F3B_A17D_1C6292B82941.jpg[/img]
The original and 1 and only RG3 4 rubber mount triple clamp. All Global 532LLc riders are required to run this component.

Wowee Wow!! You have those bars rotated forward like a mother. I could never ride like that.
R VanKamp77
10/1/2022 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2022 2:01pm
OldPro277 wrote:
Sorry.. would you please provide a link? I’m pretty interested in this.

Edit: I see more now. Still, a link would be very appreciated too!

Edit: okay link acquired just ignore me lol
slipdog
10/3/2022 9:06pm
I have a pretty long story that I don't really feel like typing out and most of you don't want to read so if you're interested here's my TLDR version.

My 10yr old son started riding a '22 KTM 85 this summer. Have been riding it with K-tech spring conversion and Fasst co. flexx bars.

Decided to put the bike up for sale and removed the spring conversion and flexx bars to put on the new bike.

Used bike marked died and not one interested party after just over a month on CL and marketplace at a reasonable price so decided to start riding it again with a full motor rebuild in the very near future.

Figured I'd leave it listed for sale at first until I did the rebuild so we rode for the first time with the air forks and he didn't seem to notice any difference.

After a few rides, I noticed on the rougher track days he'd say he was getting tired by the end of the 3rd session(mini bikes get 4-20min sessions) and slow or pull off at 16-18min in the 4th session.

Normally he runs all 4-20 min sessions from start to checkers with no issue so I decided to put the spring conversion back in because even though he'd shrug his shoulders and say "it feels the same" I could see the air forks stood up much higher in the stroke and were twitchy on the main downhill at the Hangtown track, even at the minimum psi rating.

On the next ride at Hangtown with the spring kit, the bike looked much better and he was charging the downhill harder with no twitchiness like before even though he said "meh, feels the same". The only problem was by the end of the 3rd session his shoulders were getting sore again and he pulled off early in the 4th session because he was afraid he was going to crash.

Working on the bike last week the lightbulb went off that he was still riding with the Renthal Fat bars I put on in place of the flexx bars. The flexx bars went back on and we rode Saturday and Sunday at E st. MX which is a somewhat sandy track and it was a busy weekend so the track got more torn up than normal and by the end of the day it was choppier than Hangtown was the week before. At no point did he complain of being tired or pull off early and he actually had one of his better riding days in a while.

Take that for what you will but we will definitely be staying with the Fasst Co. flex bars for the foreseeable future.

P.S. When I asked him if he noticed any difference in the weight of the flexx bars he said "feels the same"

TeamGreen
10/3/2022 11:17pm
slipdog wrote:
I have a pretty long story that I don't really feel like typing out and most of you don't want to read so if you're interested...
I have a pretty long story that I don't really feel like typing out and most of you don't want to read so if you're interested here's my TLDR version.

My 10yr old son started riding a '22 KTM 85 this summer. Have been riding it with K-tech spring conversion and Fasst co. flexx bars.

Decided to put the bike up for sale and removed the spring conversion and flexx bars to put on the new bike.

Used bike marked died and not one interested party after just over a month on CL and marketplace at a reasonable price so decided to start riding it again with a full motor rebuild in the very near future.

Figured I'd leave it listed for sale at first until I did the rebuild so we rode for the first time with the air forks and he didn't seem to notice any difference.

After a few rides, I noticed on the rougher track days he'd say he was getting tired by the end of the 3rd session(mini bikes get 4-20min sessions) and slow or pull off at 16-18min in the 4th session.

Normally he runs all 4-20 min sessions from start to checkers with no issue so I decided to put the spring conversion back in because even though he'd shrug his shoulders and say "it feels the same" I could see the air forks stood up much higher in the stroke and were twitchy on the main downhill at the Hangtown track, even at the minimum psi rating.

On the next ride at Hangtown with the spring kit, the bike looked much better and he was charging the downhill harder with no twitchiness like before even though he said "meh, feels the same". The only problem was by the end of the 3rd session his shoulders were getting sore again and he pulled off early in the 4th session because he was afraid he was going to crash.

Working on the bike last week the lightbulb went off that he was still riding with the Renthal Fat bars I put on in place of the flexx bars. The flexx bars went back on and we rode Saturday and Sunday at E st. MX which is a somewhat sandy track and it was a busy weekend so the track got more torn up than normal and by the end of the day it was choppier than Hangtown was the week before. At no point did he complain of being tired or pull off early and he actually had one of his better riding days in a while.

Take that for what you will but we will definitely be staying with the Fasst Co. flex bars for the foreseeable future.

P.S. When I asked him if he noticed any difference in the weight of the flexx bars he said "feels the same"

Best “write-up” I’ve read in a long, long time.

Thanks
R VanKamp77
10/4/2022 12:17pm
slipdog wrote:
I have a pretty long story that I don't really feel like typing out and most of you don't want to read so if you're interested...

I am having the exact same experience currently.
Thanks for sharing, I can add that to the radar.

Unrelated to the quote, I am going to plug and fill my bars with this stuff this weekend and see how it feels. Great price
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YWBXVND?psc=1&smid=A1YCMDUOW4P9DE&ref_=chk…

Post a reply to: What type of Vibration Dampening products do you use, if any?!?!?

The Latest