What tires are you running for 2019?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2019 1:55 AM

Curious what tires everyone is running this year. Seems like we have a healthy selection of quality tires to choose from.

|

3/3/2019 3:19 AM

Used Dunlops in 2017 (MX3S) and liked them but the durablilty left a lot to be desired, then Michelins i 2018 and I think I am going to go with Pirellis for sand this year, and Starcross soft/medium combo for everything else. I am a bit tempted to try out the dunlops MX33 though.

|

3/3/2019 3:27 AM

I want to try a set of Hoosier tires. But the Dunlop is my go to right now.

|

3/3/2019 3:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2019 5:43 AM

Cheng Shin chicken slipper up front. Yokohama super digger out back. All conditions. Hooked up like a tow truck.

|

3/3/2019 4:08 AM

Pirelli MX32. That is the tire to get if you want performance. Dunlop MX12 on sand tracks

|

3/3/2019 4:51 AM

Excited to try the mx 33 on my bikes

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

3/3/2019 5:02 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

Same here.

Any body have experience with the Bridgestone intermediate tires? Battlecross X30 is what they call it I think

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

3/3/2019 5:22 AM

I'll be getting a set of Hoosiers. I hope they work good.
Plus they are made in the USA!

|

3/3/2019 5:35 AM

Michelin Starcross 5, medium. Maybe pirelli scorpions as well.

|

2012 CRF250R
2012 CRF450R
2017 CRF450R

3/3/2019 5:42 AM

Hooisiers, Im not good enough to tell the difference in any tire on my bike. But the Hoosier is definitely lighter. Ive had the rear for almost a year and its still going strong.

|

3/3/2019 5:49 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

USA wrote:

Same here.

Any body have experience with the Bridgestone intermediate tires? Battlecross X30 is what they call it I think

I ran the Bridgestone m203/204 combo on my YZ250. Id have to say the x30 would be a great tire if it is a improved version of the 203/204

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

3/3/2019 5:51 AM

Starcross 5 on my 450. Medium rear, soft front.
Thinking of trying a set of Hoosiers for fun.

Something 81 Dunlop’s that came on my 300. Going to an IRC VE-33 out back, not sure what I will run up front.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/3/2019 7:00 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

USA wrote:

Same here.

The x30s are a good overall tire , decent traction and longevity. They are one of the better "values" for tires. My son usually runs them on his bikes and is pretty happy with them.

|

3/3/2019 7:08 AM

Photo
|

3/3/2019 7:13 AM

I was looking st Kenda Millville but the Hoosier looks great but is pricey.

|

3/3/2019 8:15 AM

Love the kenda Millville rears , ran them on my 450. And now on my 2 stroke. Lasts long and hooks up great. I like how you can flip the tire for different conditions as well.

|

3/3/2019 8:43 AM

Pirelli scorpion 3’s day in and day out.

|

3/3/2019 8:44 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

USA wrote:

Same here.

I love the MX33 and they are holding up better than Dunlops normally do. I like the longevity of Bridgestone and ran the Bridgestone Intermediate before the Dunlop, but the performance isn't even close. MX33 for the win!

|

3/3/2019 8:45 AM

Pirellis but I want to try the Hoosiers.

|

3/3/2019 8:53 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

USA wrote:

Same here.

mark_swart wrote:

I love the MX33 and they are holding up better than Dunlops normally do. I like the longevity of Bridgestone and ran the Bridgestone Intermediate before the Dunlop, but the performance isn't even close. MX33 for the win!

I put a pair of MX33 tires on my birthday wishlist. I hope my fiancé doesn’t think they’re a ‘lame gift’ and picks them tongue

BTW it looks like Rocky Mtn ATV MC is doing a pretty big sale on tires right now. Not sure if that’s what spawned this thread or not.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/dirt-bike-tires

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

3/3/2019 9:00 AM

Same as last year, they aren't dry rotted yet.

|

3/3/2019 9:07 AM

USA wrote:

Same here.

mark_swart wrote:

USA wrote:

I put a pair of MX33 tires on my birthday wishlist. I hope my fiancé doesn’t think they’re a ‘lame gift’ and picks them tongue

BTW it looks like Rocky Mtn ATV MC is doing a pretty big sale on tires right now. Not sure if that’s what spawned this thread or not.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/dirt-bike-tires

I’ve got a mx33 front and mx12 rear on a 450 that should be replaced before riding season.

I liked the mx3s, mx33 is meh. 100 % better durability than the 3s but I ride weekend warrior so I want quality tires.

Mx12 is awesome but I’m going to do more hare scramble riding this year than sand tracks so I’m looking for an intermediate I think.

|

3/3/2019 9:17 AM

starcross 5 soft on one bike and hoosier 25 rear and 30 front on another but haven't riddin the hoosiers yet.

|

3/3/2019 9:22 AM

Dunlop mx33’s at 13-14psi. Last +20 hours here in SoCal. Plus I can get them for $140/set. ??

|

3/3/2019 9:33 AM

Where is the best priceing on the Hoosiers? Anybody know?

|

3/3/2019 9:38 AM

Kenda washougals the dual compound

|

3/3/2019 11:31 AM

We’ve been running Kenda for the last few years. Southwick, Washougal & SandMad. The Kenda hooks up even when the edge is a little worn. The sidewall doesn’t produce any wallowing at all and it performs excellent in all conditions from hard pack to deep ruts, loamy or muddy... My son and I are both super particular about front tire grip and the Kenda is the best either one of us have ever used. We have heard good things about Hoosier that makes them seem similar in traction to the Kenda but I don’t know that from direct experience. glad to see they saw a market in MX tires.

|

#performanceedgeracing @tmracingusa @ride.prl @powerbandracing @vertexpistons @LS2helmetsus @hotrodsproducts @pivotworks @fmf73 @kendatire @mikametals @dt1filtersusa @sidimotousa @motoseat @dubyausa @xbrandgoggles @thormxofficial @g2ergonomics @tamer_holeshot_hookup @riskracingmoto @acerbisusa @nihiloconcepts @matrixconcepts @suzukiyamahaofdaltonga @mobiusbraces @sandboxkings @terry_varnermotorsports

3/3/2019 11:44 AM

Honestly, McCreary tires are all that I’ll run.

|

3/3/2019 12:02 PM

eric513anderson wrote:

USA wrote:

Same here.

walent215 wrote:

The x30s are a good overall tire , decent traction and longevity. They are one of the better "values" for tires. My son usually runs them on his bikes and is pretty happy with them.

I used to run Pirelli mx extra or mx mid hard but wasn't happy with the front so threw on a set of Bridgestone x30's. I like the front better than the pirelli in all conditions and found the rear to be about the same as the mx extra but worse that the mid hard.
I just put a bridgestone x40 on the rear and it is the best cornering rear tire I have run. Thing hooks up everywhere.
Most of my riding is intermediate to hard terrain so that may not be of any relevance to you

|

3/3/2019 1:40 PM

racerx317 wrote:

We’ve been running Kenda for the last few years. Southwick, Washougal & SandMad. The Kenda hooks up even when the edge is a little worn. The sidewall doesn’t produce any wallowing at all and it performs excellent in all conditions from hard pack to deep ruts, loamy or muddy... My son and I are both super particular about front tire grip and the Kenda is the best either one of us have ever used. We have heard good things about Hoosier that makes them seem similar in traction to the Kenda but I don’t know that from direct experience. glad to see they saw a market in MX tires.

Interesting, I don’t much care for kendas fronts and run the starcross 5 upfront and swear by it. Love the rears though

|