What time to arrive for SX

just James
11/2/2013 2:38am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2013 9:25pm
Even though I raced MX and local AX for many years, I have never been to a supercross.
This season, I am going to the Seattle race with my wife and 12 year old daughter.
What I would like to know is, what time we should get there. If it were just me, I would want to be there as soon as I could get into the stadium. However, the family is not nearly as "core" as I am, and the last thing I want is for them to be bored.
In other words, I don't want to miss anything, but I also don't want my family sitting in stadium seats any longer than necessary.
Thanks
|
DoctorJD
11/2/2013 6:07am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2013 6:09am
I think this would be predicated on the "stamina" of your wife and daughter. You can make a day of it if you wanted to. Getting there before noon and doing the pit scene and going in early and watching qualifying. For a hard-core fan, this is heaven, for a casual fan, not so much. I've done this before, and if you've never experienced it, I highly recommend doing it at least once. The whole pit thing is a clusterf*uck in Atlanta. I have sworn that off forever more. And since I started taking my wife with me, I've avoided the day show.

Bottom line: If you're going with a bunch of fellow moto-heads, make a day of it. If not, don't make your wife and daughter "suffer". They'll enjoy the hell out of the night show, its just enough racing to keep them interested. Oh, hopefully they'll have the KTM Junior Challenge race in Seattle, it melts the ladies hearts.
Stephon
11/2/2013 6:08am
If you were alone I'd say 12:30 for 1st practice.

But with the family you might be able to pull off 2nd practice, a walk through the pits, then the night show. That will still be a long day for a casual fan, but It's worth it. Keep them fed and warm. Have a blast!
Outsider
11/2/2013 6:50am
I took my GF this year to Anaheim.. she's a noob. We got there and watched practice, walked the pits, and then left the stadium to go eat and chill. Came back for the night show.

I don't know if this is possible in Seattle, just a thought.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
11/2/2013 12:21pm
Outsider wrote:
I took my GF this year to Anaheim.. she's a noob. We got there and watched practice, walked the pits, and then left the stadium to...
I took my GF this year to Anaheim.. she's a noob. We got there and watched practice, walked the pits, and then left the stadium to go eat and chill. Came back for the night show.

Did she love it or have you broken up with her?

The Shop

Outsider
11/2/2013 12:52pm
Outsider wrote:
I took my GF this year to Anaheim.. she's a noob. We got there and watched practice, walked the pits, and then left the stadium to...

disbanded wrote:
Did she love it or have you broken up with her?
HA!

She said she'd go again and liked it... probably wouldn't do the whole day thing again. Honestly for someone who doesn't ride I think once is enough for that trip.
mom241
11/2/2013 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2013 4:03am
I agree with others. If you can watch practice and timed qualifying, it's a must. To see these guys use strategy to squeak out the best (or their best) times is a thing of beauty. Maybe come earlier and have the wife and daughter take a cab later?
thesadguy
11/2/2013 1:57pm
Every year, we go down first practices and watch all of them. Once that ends you probably have 2 -3 hours of down time. so we walk down to the cnn center and have a nice dinner and hang out there for a bit and we get back just in time for the opening ceremonies
stash124
11/2/2013 2:08pm
I normally go to Atlanta and St. Louis every year. We get there around 12, watch free practice and both timed practices, then head out over the final 450 A practice, grab some dinner somewhere at a near by restaurant, then head back right in time for the night show. The pits are a mad house and you normally can barely walk. If you've never been you might want to check it out, but I normally stay away from them.
drmarkr
11/2/2013 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2013 9:26pm
If you were coming for the Phoenix event, the answer would be Thursday evening.....and that way you wouldn't miss the fantastic Ride/Shoot Day that we put on at Motoland MX Park on Friday. Or TJ's awesome party Friday Night. Or to be sitting in one of the 160ish unbelievable seats we have in the Executive Suites at Chase Field, surrounded by a great group of motoheads.

But since you're going to Seattle instead of Phoenix......

(yes, it's time to reserve your seats, folks! PM me your requests!)

Post a reply to: What time to arrive for SX

The Latest