What the hell to do with a kx450f I found

6/20/2018 8:44pm
Solidkm wrote:
The fee was waived when we recovered a Bike Bc it was impounded due to theft. Not our fault.
I read a story last year, may have been on vital, where a guy went to impound to get his stolen bike back and had to pay something like 600 bucks for "storage". If your local police aren't thieving shitbags than that's cool, but not every city has a decent court system.
slipdog
6/20/2018 9:01pm
Torco1 wrote:
I got my wife the exact same way, nobody claimed her after 10 days so the police let me keep her. The trick is to change...
I got my wife the exact same way, nobody claimed her after 10 days so the police let me keep her. The trick is to change the appearance so it's not so easy to identify if someone is out looking for her....or it in this case.
This her?

Solidkm
6/21/2018 12:08am
Solidkm wrote:
The fee was waived when we recovered a Bike Bc it was impounded due to theft. Not our fault.
I read a story last year, may have been on vital, where a guy went to impound to get his stolen bike back and had to...
I read a story last year, may have been on vital, where a guy went to impound to get his stolen bike back and had to pay something like 600 bucks for "storage". If your local police aren't thieving shitbags than that's cool, but not every city has a decent court system.
Those “thieving shitbags” are the same dudes that risk their lives for you and I every day.
EEE299
6/21/2018 9:33am
Solidkm wrote:
I read a story last year, may have been on vital, where a guy went to impound to get his stolen bike back and had to...
Solidkm wrote:
Those “thieving shitbags” are the same dudes that risk their lives for you and I every day.
Some do some don’t. There’s way too many shitty cops these days.

The Shop

6/21/2018 9:48am
Solidkm wrote:
Come live in my town for a year and you'll change your tune on the "every cop is a noble protector of society" fantasy.
mxbrian15
6/21/2018 9:49am
SwingHard wrote:
Assuming you were out on the trails on your own bike,did you leave your bike in the woods and take the Kawai? Did someone out in...
Assuming you were out on the trails on your own bike,did you leave your bike in the woods and take the Kawai? Did someone out in the woods find your bike to continue this lost & found cycle? Maybe you were out hiking?
Exactly. Nothing adds up.
JAFO92
6/21/2018 9:54am
newmann wrote:
Hi Lenny!

Laughing
I was thinkin' about that too. He had 'em all going that day!
mxb2
6/21/2018 10:21am
Solidkm wrote:
Some police depts dont make the impound fee. It is a private impound company they use. They contract them, they have nothing to do with storage fees. Might want to research before you compain.
6/21/2018 10:32am
Just because you don’t know the entire story doesn’t mean you can assume it. I don’t blame him for not wanting to involve police. I found...
Just because you don’t know the entire story doesn’t mean you can assume it.

I don’t blame him for not wanting to involve police. I found a stolen bicycle once, involved police and they treated me as if I was a thief the entire time they spoke to me. Tried to ask me questions like “what time of Day did you steal the bike?” etc

Police are not your friends and sometimes in these situations they do not help the owner get their property back as easily as it could be done within the community.

Stop being pricks. Hopefully none of you actually called the police on this guy or intend to because you’d be getting a possibly innocent person in a really crummy situation based on 2 sentences he wrote on the internet....
jeffro503 wrote:
Kinda calling bullshit on this as well. The police knew you had called in about the bike , and they treated you like the thief? Sounds...
Kinda calling bullshit on this as well. The police knew you had called in about the bike , and they treated you like the thief? Sounds legit. Laughing I guess if you ever get anything stolen , don't call the police.......just consider it a loss.
I don’t think that’s far fetched. I was treated like the criminal when my bike was stolen.....
OUMX117
6/21/2018 11:21am
Basic rule of thumb for involving police: Don't call them unless you're willing for someone involved to be killed. That's pretty much it. Especially if you're not a suburban white guy.
enketchum
6/21/2018 11:42am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2018 11:43am
Hey bro I know the owner. Call this number and leave a message about how you found it give some details about the bike.

702 586 7857
Forty
6/21/2018 11:42am
OUMX117 wrote:
Basic rule of thumb for involving police: Don't call them unless you're willing for someone involved to be killed. That's pretty much it. Especially if you're...
Basic rule of thumb for involving police: Don't call them unless you're willing for someone involved to be killed. That's pretty much it. Especially if you're not a suburban white guy.
Are you serious right now?
milliebays
6/21/2018 12:34pm
OUMX117 wrote:
Basic rule of thumb for involving police: Don't call them unless you're willing for someone involved to be killed. That's pretty much it. Especially if you're...
Forty wrote:
Are you serious right now?
even OU is pouring the kool aid these days eh
6/21/2018 2:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
Some police depts dont make the impound fee. It is a private impound company they use. They contract them, they have nothing to do with storage...
Some police depts dont make the impound fee. It is a private impound company they use. They contract them, they have nothing to do with storage fees. Might want to research before you compain.
If calling the police leads to a huge fee, who cares if it's a private company or not? You'll still pay hundreds to get your own goddamn property back.
Torco1
6/21/2018 2:59pm
Torco1 wrote:
I got my wife the exact same way, nobody claimed her after 10 days so the police let me keep her. The trick is to change...
I got my wife the exact same way, nobody claimed her after 10 days so the police let me keep her. The trick is to change the appearance so it's not so easy to identify if someone is out looking for her....or it in this case.
slipdog wrote:
This her? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/20/269539/s1200_Screenshot_2018_06_20_at_8.57.57_PM_Edited.jpg[/img]
This her?

Close, mine looks more like a cross between Nancy Reagan and Mick Mars......similar hair though.
mxb2
6/21/2018 4:14pm
mxb2 wrote:
Some police depts dont make the impound fee. It is a private impound company they use. They contract them, they have nothing to do with storage...
If calling the police leads to a huge fee, who cares if it's a private company or not? You'll still pay hundreds to get your own...
If calling the police leads to a huge fee, who cares if it's a private company or not? You'll still pay hundreds to get your own goddamn property back.
Well when they contact you to pick it up, dont wait 30-60 days. If the bike is titled or insured the owner info will be on there, as well the info on the police report. If not the insurance will pay the bill. If someone doesnt insure their toys , thats their own fault. Its called being responsible. Not the police or impound lots fault.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/21/2018 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2018 5:22pm
I sure as hell would rather pay a impound fee to get my stolen bike back then to NOT get my bike back at all and be out all the cash I paid to buy it and maintain it and I would pay it with a smile on my face just to have my bike back. Now if insurance already paid me for the loss then they can keep it and auction it.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/21/2018 5:25pm
If calling the police leads to a huge fee, who cares if it's a private company or not? You'll still pay hundreds to get your own...
As apposed to not getting it back at all ? Give up while you can.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/21/2018 5:29pm
OUMX117 wrote:
Did you know that Oklahoma has the highest level of methamphetamine use in the country ? I bet you did and I am sure when the police show up at your crib they are not real friendly especially when they have to kick down the door on a regular basis.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
6/21/2018 5:45pm
1- come get some. brace for impact.
b-deal with what a cop deals with everyday. then get back to us.
3-come get some more if ya need it.
4a-did you track the foot prints around the bike? if none please continue to 4b.
4b-aliens are real.
5-im in the business of kicking ass and finding bikes......and business is good.

mxb2
6/21/2018 8:22pm
lostboy819 wrote:
As apposed to not getting it back at all ? Give up while you can.
He doesnt get it.
reded
6/21/2018 9:11pm
Torco1 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
This her? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/20/269539/s1200_Screenshot_2018_06_20_at_8.57.57_PM_Edited.jpg[/img]
This her?

Torco1 wrote:
Close, mine looks more like a cross between Nancy Reagan and Mick Mars......similar hair though.
Caught me off guard, damn that's funny.
6/21/2018 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2018 9:37pm
mxb2 wrote:
He doesnt get it.
Yet another topic for some of the vital mx virtue crew to come here and show everybody else how clean they'll lick a cop's balls when presented the chance. God forbid you try to save someone from paying an extortion fee for simply being a crime victim. Yeah, I "get it"; you're way too honest to do anything but call the local cops. Paying an extortion fee for having your property recovered helps "keep society safe"!
dirtnapper
6/21/2018 10:34pm
OUMX117 wrote:
Found the wild out boy......Whistling
GregDVT
6/21/2018 10:35pm
mxb2 wrote:
He doesnt get it.
Yet another topic for some of the vital mx virtue crew to come here and show everybody else how clean they'll lick a cop's balls when...
Yet another topic for some of the vital mx virtue crew to come here and show everybody else how clean they'll lick a cop's balls when presented the chance. God forbid you try to save someone from paying an extortion fee for simply being a crime victim. Yeah, I "get it"; you're way too honest to do anything but call the local cops. Paying an extortion fee for having your property recovered helps "keep society safe"!
If anything they should tack the fees on the the perps sentence
edgo897
6/24/2018 2:08pm
if it had a number on the number plates couldn't that help find its rider?
plowboy
6/24/2018 2:36pm
What is the penalty for getting caught with a trunk full of "insert whatever drug here"? Do we have the death penalty for drug possession in the USA? Who gave the police the authority to administer a higher sentence than the courts? I am sick and tired of "we thought he had a gun" excuses by law enforcement. Our officers have a terribly dangerous job but murdering unarmed criminals or innocent John Q. Public is total bullshit. If we allow this to go un-checked....that's how countries with total corruption are created. I'm telling you brothers....let this slide now and at some point you'll have to pay a cop to let you go or else... this is how it goes to shit for ALL of us.
dimetime
6/24/2018 2:49pm
1- come get some. brace for impact. b-deal with what a cop deals with everyday. then get back to us. 3-come get some more if ya...
1- come get some. brace for impact.
b-deal with what a cop deals with everyday. then get back to us.
3-come get some more if ya need it.
4a-did you track the foot prints around the bike? if none please continue to 4b.
4b-aliens are real.
5-im in the business of kicking ass and finding bikes......and business is good.

Ahhhhhhahahahahahhaaaaaa!!!!

Yeah, you're a real bad ass, more like a real fat ass.

Obviously you're another fucking delusional LEO.

Hate to break but it to you but you're not all that boy, you're just the low level scum that does the bidding of high level scum.

Cops are literally worthless and never, ever to be called upon or trusted. Ever.

Post a reply to: What the hell to do with a kx450f I found

The Latest