Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 9:32 AM

What's Reed doing?

Better than Tomac...

|

James

1/7/2018 9:33 AM

Respectable finish IMO. 2 weeks of riding, new bike/team and a sore foot. I doubted he would even make the main with that stacked against him. Good job Reedz

|

1/7/2018 9:35 AM

A lot of top guys that retired say they wish they put thier ego aside and kept racing even if they couldn't make top 10. They regret it. Its still racing a dirt bike at the top level. Go Chad Reed!!

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

1/7/2018 9:41 AM

I think he is doing exactly the same that most of the vital members would do if they were millonaries. Ride with their friends and do some races. It just turns out that he's soo damn good that can score a 15th on the most important race in the sport after a 6 month vacation.

|

1/7/2018 10:06 AM

Riding in 15th and Ralph still slobbers and drools all over gim. Nobody else that far back got any attention.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

1/7/2018 10:08 AM

Riding in 15th and Ralph still slobbers and drools all over him. Nobody else that far back got any attention.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

1/7/2018 10:08 AM

Knobbyjake wrote:

Riding in 15th and Ralph still slobbers and drools all over gim. Nobody else that far back got any attention.

Nobody else is a two time Supercross champion. Duh. Think a little.

|

1/7/2018 10:16 AM

FLmxer wrote:

A lot of top guys that retired say they wish they put thier ego aside and kept racing even if they couldn't make top 10. They ...more

Yep. MC the 7 time champ did it as well. Not a Reed fan, but respect the guy for still having the passion to ride at that level.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

1/7/2018 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 10:17 AM

I was there last nite and during introductions and any other time the announcer mentioned his name he got the loudest cheers from the crowd by far.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

1/7/2018 10:19 AM

DO u think he has the gnarliest dadbod to ever make a main in the history of supercross?

|

1/7/2018 10:24 AM

|

James

1/7/2018 10:24 AM

Guess we all should quit our jobs if we are not the "best", hell I'll sell my bike and stop having fun too
. Why do people care what others are doing, reed, or not doing, stewarts?

|

1/7/2018 10:25 AM

He’s 35, injured, out of shape, and still making mains just for the fun/love of it. I’d trade places with him any day lol

|

1/7/2018 10:27 AM

level wrote:

I admire his willingness to go race but you are s former champ and badass and this all seems beneath you. If you won’t get ...more

You are outta your got-dayum mind if you honestly think that having factory KYB, a PC engine package on a bike that comes STOCK almost on the AMA minimum weight limit...as compared to his +20lbs heavier YZ450 bike from last year. If anything, in the 450 class theres more than enough HP in those engines that any rider has a very competitive bike and i really dont feel its drastically important to have a factory bike ON the race track ...the support and parts, yes but with Reeds resources already locked down hes got a bike more than capable of winning. Please dont say his bike will never competitive bec its not the case at all.

|

1/7/2018 10:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 11:29 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

You are outta your got-dayum mind if you honestly think that having factory KYB, a PC engine package on a bike that comes ...more

To your point. Andrew Short raced SX in 2013 on a CRF450r with basically a stock engine an aftermarket exhaust / remap. He took a couple of 5th place finishes that year if I recall.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Oakland-Interview-Andrew-Short,8318/bayodome,1067

http://racerxonline.com/results/2013/oakland/450sx

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

1/7/2018 11:00 AM

Reed is “doing” better tnan most...

|

1/7/2018 11:10 AM

Reed is just a man racing his dirt bike having fun. If you think that he should quit, then I guess all of us on this board should quit too.

|

1/7/2018 11:12 AM

For years, all you ever hear is "he should go get some bikes and his own truck and get out there and race." That is exactly what he is doing.
People were saying he wouldn't even race last night because of lack of preparation - then he ends up top 20 and Tomac DNFs. Who would have thunk Reed finishing ahead of Tomac? Reed is a great story and I am really interested to see if he can push it into the top 10 or even better.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

1/7/2018 11:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 11:23 AM

level wrote:

I admire his willingness to go race but you are s former champ and badass and this all seems beneath you. If you won’t get ...more

So, what RC, JS, RV, RD are doing is better? Reed is a multi time champ venturing into unexplored territory.
Where can he finish if he can get past the ankle pain, get more fit, and push the bike?

He has passed and beaten all the guys I mentioned above (plus most of the riders on the gate last night), only MC, RC and JS have more SX wins, and none of that is diminished by this effort late in his career.

It’s weird to say racing is “beneath him”.
Weird.

|

1/7/2018 12:10 PM

Bike doesn't matter with him. He says it does, but it's all mental. He can hate a bike, but if he wins once on it he can somehow manage to pull off a string of wins to follow. I want to see him become the oldest dude to win a Supercross.

|

1/7/2018 12:29 PM

The dude is not a quitter. He could have easily thrown in the towel. He clearly wants to be out there. Unlike Mookie.

|

1/7/2018 12:35 PM

Like Reed said, top 15 in the world. Nothing wrong with that!

|

KX125

1/7/2018 12:42 PM

Living the kind of life most of us on here have dreamed about.

|

1/7/2018 12:47 PM

Only here on Vital.

Chad just started riding , doing it on his own dime. Oldest guy on the gate , scores points and even said " I need to race myself back into shape. "

Isn't this the exact same thing we wanted to see James do? If a guy wants to race , and is still fast enough to make mains ( and almost a sure bet to get faster , each and every week ).......Isn't this a good / cool thing?

I swear to fucking god , some of you guys are the biggest Debbie downer's out there. No pleasing you no matter what the rider does. He races....get's bagged on. Don't race....he's a quitter. No win situation.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/7/2018 12:50 PM

Flip109 wrote:

He’s 35, injured, out of shape, and still making mains just for the fun/love of it. I’d trade places with him any day lol

Haha....hell yeah! He doesn't need to answer to anyone. He's actually out there trying and having fun , and it's what he's there for.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/7/2018 12:54 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Only here on Vital.

Chad just started riding , doing it on his own dime. Oldest guy on the gate , scores points and even ...more

Thanks for saving me the keystrokes Jeffro.

|

1/7/2018 1:02 PM

obviously whatever the fuck he wants to!!!whistling whistling

|

1/7/2018 1:05 PM

His situation is even better now. Look how stoked he was on 15th in a stacked field. He will improve every week and the high that is the low of 15 will grow. Shit he will be going around next year for sure. I've got him at finishing 7th overall in the championship. He will scrape a podium imo mostly because he's one of the most gifted riders all-time.
6 points in the kitty when he could have sat another 2-3 weeks off. Plus he could be racing 35 plus class. Rad

|

1/7/2018 1:11 PM

Glad to see there's more logic in here than assholes. Lotta assholes though.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

1/7/2018 1:18 PM

15th with no prep, damn respectable.

|