What’s up with Webb?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2020 11:42 AM

He was crushing it in qualifying. Looked ok for the first half of moto 1 but faded at the end. Moto 2 he was non existent, way off the pace. Was it bike setup issues or something else? Kind of figured he’d be ready to battle for the title this year but didn’t look that way at all yesterday.

|

8/16/2020 11:45 AM

Looked like a Webb kind of track too

|

8/16/2020 11:46 AM

Scull79 wrote:

He was crushing it in qualifying. Looked ok for the first half of moto 1 but faded at the end. Moto 2 he was non existent, way off the pace. Was it bike setup issues or something else? Kind of figured he’d be ready to battle for the title this year but didn’t look that way at all yesterday.

Hear me out here. He’s been mostly a top 5 guy aside from the slc 7

|

8/16/2020 12:19 PM

Lmao “WhAtS wRoNg WiTh” statements are ridiculous right now. It was the first fucking race of the season for Christ sake. Chill down bro pinch laughing

|

8/16/2020 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2020 12:28 PM

First race of the season, but this series could be called at any time... Which means the possibility of no late season comebacks.... To win the title during a covid year, you gotta be on top early... there simply may be no late, or even mid season to gain points....

As far as Webb goes.... He is way faster than he showed yesterday... So probably arm pump dealing with all those ruts.... A normal season, no big deal, but this year, could put him out of the hunt for the title...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/16/2020 1:46 PM

MotofactioN wrote:

Lmao “WhAtS wRoNg WiTh” statements are ridiculous right now. It was the first fucking race of the season for Christ sake. Chill down bro pinch laughing

Haha! Didn’t think i was worked up. Just curious what everyone else thought. Seems a lot of people thought he was going to be the main guy to contend with tomac. Although Tomac didn’t look good moto 1, he was able to turn it around for the second moto.

|

8/16/2020 4:40 PM

He was right about where I expected him to be.

|

8/16/2020 5:06 PM

You can’t win a championship in the first round, but you can lose one. Good racing by most (a bit of bad luck for AC9 etc..) IMO, smart racing and on to continue the championship battle healthy in round 2.

|

8/16/2020 5:14 PM

He's an inside specialist

|

8/16/2020 5:19 PM

anyone else pissed off that we didn't get to see the Barcia pass on Webb in Moto 1? I was hoping for a 1 to 2 lap battle, but instead nothing ?

|

8/16/2020 5:23 PM

Mkerrwrench wrote:

You can’t win a championship in the first round, but you can lose one. Good racing by most (a bit of bad luck for AC9 etc..) IMO, smart racing and on to continue the championship battle healthy in round 2.

I feel like this is the kind of season where you could win a Championship in the first round, with the way things have been going.

|

8/16/2020 5:24 PM

Skip Intro wrote:

He's an inside specialist

I think that his biggest strength is neutralized outdoors. Since his race craft is so good and he gets good starts he can frustrate faster riders into submission indoors where it’s harder to pass. He did it with Marvin so many times the year he won the title and consistently does it to Roczen.

Guys can figure out how to pass him outdoors if they’re faster

|

8/16/2020 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2020 5:30 PM

Mkerrwrench wrote:

You can’t win a championship in the first round, but you can lose one. Good racing by most (a bit of bad luck for AC9 etc..) IMO, smart racing and on to continue the championship battle healthy in round 2.

BS12 wrote:

I feel like this is the kind of season where you could win a Championship in the first round, with the way things have been going.

I agree it’s a season like no other, though with quite a lot less rounds than normal, a costly mistake from pushing or charging would have a bigger impact than a series that would be the standard amount of rounds, less time to make it up.

|

8/16/2020 5:34 PM

MotoRick wrote:

anyone else pissed off that we didn't get to see the Barcia pass on Webb in Moto 1? I was hoping for a 1 to 2 lap battle, but instead nothing ?

They could not show a pass for the lead in the Second 250 moto! Or a replay. Could be wishful thinking they could show Barica passing Webb.

|

8/16/2020 6:07 PM

Skip Intro wrote:

He's an inside specialist

charge wrote:

I think that his biggest strength is neutralized outdoors. Since his race craft is so good and he gets good starts he can frustrate faster riders into submission indoors where it’s harder to pass. He did it with Marvin so many times the year he won the title and consistently does it to Roczen.

Guys can figure out how to pass him outdoors if they’re faster

He is the best American mx racer currently in terms of strategy, instinct and execution. I would challenge your assessment of his speed indoors though, he is fast as hell. Rarely gets out of shape.

|

8/16/2020 7:18 PM

2017 - 8th
2018 - 9th
2019 - 6th
2020 so far - 7th

He's ahead of his average.

|

8/17/2020 6:09 AM

Skip Intro wrote:

He is the best American mx racer currently in terms of strategy, instinct and execution. I would challenge your assessment of his speed indoors though, he is fast as hell. Rarely gets out of shape.

Fast as hell, absolutely... Best American rider... Not by a long shot...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/17/2020 9:53 AM

Skip Intro wrote:

He is the best American mx racer currently in terms of strategy, instinct and execution. I would challenge your assessment of his speed indoors though, he is fast as hell. Rarely gets out of shape.

Really?

Most would not have him in the MX top five.

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.

8/17/2020 10:13 AM

First race back and the conditions were all over the place. He'll bounce back.

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

8/17/2020 10:23 AM

Skip Intro wrote:

He is the best American mx racer currently in terms of strategy, instinct and execution. I would challenge your assessment of his speed indoors though, he is fast as hell. Rarely gets out of shape.

Are you his #1 fanboy or something because this post is completely wrong

|

8/17/2020 11:02 AM

charge wrote:

I think that his biggest strength is neutralized outdoors. Since his race craft is so good and he gets good starts he can frustrate faster riders into submission indoors where it’s harder to pass. He did it with Marvin so many times the year he won the title and consistently does it to Roczen.

Guys can figure out how to pass him outdoors if they’re faster

Skip Intro wrote:

He is the best American mx racer currently in terms of strategy, instinct and execution. I would challenge your assessment of his speed indoors though, he is fast as hell. Rarely gets out of shape.

zehn wrote:

Are you his #1 fanboy or something because this post is completely wrong

No. His biggest fan is This Guy.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/17/2020 11:08 AM

He went from good start to nearly lap down on 2 race. Maybe they missed bike setup or he wasnt feeling it.

|

8/17/2020 11:39 AM

Scull79 wrote:

He was crushing it in qualifying. Looked ok for the first half of moto 1 but faded at the end. Moto 2 he was non existent, way off the pace. Was it bike setup issues or something else? Kind of figured he’d be ready to battle for the title this year but didn’t look that way at all yesterday.

Chassis looked stiff to me.

|

8/17/2020 11:42 AM

MotoRick wrote:

anyone else pissed off that we didn't get to see the Barcia pass on Webb in Moto 1? I was hoping for a 1 to 2 lap battle, but instead nothing ?

1911 wrote:

They could not show a pass for the lead in the Second 250 moto! Or a replay. Could be wishful thinking they could show Barica passing Webb.

They also missed when Tomac closed to within one second of Osborne late in moto 2. (And then the leaderboard just kept showing us "fast lap" instead of intervals, which drives me crazy.)

|

8/17/2020 12:00 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

They also missed when Tomac closed to within one second of Osborne late in moto 2. (And then the leaderboard just kept showing us "fast lap" instead of intervals, which drives me crazy.)

Indeed, the producer working at Loretta's was abysmal.
Several crosses to grounded cameras and major misses as well as obvious pauses from the commentators.

I'd be interested to know his or her name so can be forewarned.

Nowhere near the low standard of last years MXDN thankfully.

I complained to PayPal about that production travesty by MXGP-TV and had my money refunded no dispute.

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.

8/17/2020 12:26 PM

|

8/17/2020 12:58 PM

5-8 is a solid start for the 9 rounds

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

8/17/2020 1:41 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

They also missed when Tomac closed to within one second of Osborne late in moto 2. (And then the leaderboard just kept showing us "fast lap" instead of intervals, which drives me crazy.)

I understand that they may miss some passes live but, come on, show us a replay of it...if you have it.

And you are spot on with the fast lap. Who gives a shit about the fastest lap each rider has turned AFTER qualifying is over? Show us intervals so we can atleast determine at home if someone is making time on the guy in front of him.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

8/17/2020 1:50 PM

1911 wrote:

They could not show a pass for the lead in the Second 250 moto! Or a replay. Could be wishful thinking they could show Barica passing Webb.

RichieW13 wrote:

They also missed when Tomac closed to within one second of Osborne late in moto 2. (And then the leaderboard just kept showing us "fast lap" instead of intervals, which drives me crazy.)

FuzzyLogic wrote:

I understand that they may miss some passes live but, come on, show us a replay of it...if you have it.

And you are spot on with the fast lap. Who gives a shit about the fastest lap each rider has turned AFTER qualifying is over? Show us intervals so we can atleast determine at home if someone is making time on the guy in front of him.

This was the worst TV coverage NBC Gold has ever had by far. Maybe they cut the budget and just had some flaggers go into the trailer to produce? Actually, flaggers would have done a better job.

Webb probably got tired, just like Anderson and Tomac. Zacho hung on but he said he was totally spent.

|

8/17/2020 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2020 2:00 PM

The track was so difficult, nothing wrong with Webb. I’d love to film some of the people that start these threads riding then discuss what’s wrong

|