What’s the best/safest helmet you can get, and are there any tests to prove it?

TeamGreen
3/4/2021 5:56pm
On Saturday, February 20th, I had “one of those” days. I crashed pretty damn hard. This happened while going over a 3rd gear Hi-speed Booter jump...at Pala...on a box Stock CRF450X.

I quickly endo’d and landed in the classic endo fashion...upside down with my right temple being slammed into the ground and the seat hitting the upper rear left of the helmet...driving my head into the ground. It was a really loud “SMACK” followed by being driven into the ground.

I was sooooo damn grateful as I crawled off the track and realized I wasn’t “too messed up” Grinning

Here’s what my helmet looks like. You know, the helmet that saved my ass?!

This helmet was PERFECT before that crash. And, too me...it’s now a perfect example of why I wear it. This is the 3rd SMACK I’ve taken in an SE4. It’s the 2nd SMACK that’s “used up” the helmet (one of my falls was a hi-side get-off/cross-rutted in a fast turn and the helmet was fine/was checked out) I’m here to tell ya that from the sand washes of Ft. Irwin to the long jumps of Pala, these helmets have saved me on every occasion. I don’t look at it as losing $650. I look at as spending $650 so that I can ride another day...even after a crash that scared the living crap out of me).

When I get home from Daytona I’ll be resuming my “riding and racing”.

I’ll be wearing an SE4. Again. As I have been since it came out.

The Shop

Post a reply to: What’s the best/safest helmet you can get, and are there any tests to prove it?

The Latest