What’s going on with Tomac.?

zehn
3/17/2019 1:43pm
it helps to not respond on those comments ..they die that way , you just popped them again ;) and so people get to see them...
it helps to not respond on those comments ..they die that way , you just popped them again Wink and so people get to see them again on this page ... to ignore is best way in this case , how tough it maybe at times , i know
Richard suggesting that we ignore Tomac vs. Herlings posts is the ultimate irony
3/17/2019 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2019 1:58pm
zehn wrote:
Richard suggesting that we ignore Tomac vs. Herlings posts is the ultimate irony

like your humor .. good one , i didnt say it was easy Wink but i try
Ranman68
3/17/2019 1:56pm
It was just a 4th place. Not a 12th. Just a little off the pace needed to win. Same thing that has happened to the others more than once. Bike setup maybe a little off for the track or maybe he was just over riding a tight, slick surface. Clearly he realized a 4th was the best he could do for whatever reason, and decded to settle for that 4th instead of risking it all to get another position. I don't see whats so bizarre about it. What happened with Kenny is way more worthy of discussion. Webb getting a 3rd and making silly mistakes is just as "WTF?" as Tomac getting that 4th. As close as the top 5 are in speed and overall results this year, why is Tomac getting a 4th on a track like that so contraversial? Seems a little overboard to me.

The Shop

Ranman68
3/17/2019 2:18pm
Ranman68 wrote:
This thread is about Tomac and his mysterious results in the supercross series, yet an injured GP rider named "Herlings" keeps popping up. Maybe the logic...
This thread is about Tomac and his mysterious results in the supercross series, yet an injured GP rider named "Herlings" keeps popping up. Maybe the logic is that Herlings is performing voodoo on Tomac from his couch. I just can't bring myself to give it a thumbs up.
it helps to not respond on those comments ..they die that way , you just popped them again ;) and so people get to see them...
it helps to not respond on those comments ..they die that way , you just popped them again Wink and so people get to see them again on this page ... to ignore is best way in this case , how tough it maybe at times , i know
Another way to combat this issue is to not give literally every post like that a thumbs up.
Ranman68
3/17/2019 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2019 2:30pm
VRR7
3/17/2019 2:30pm
If I'm John Tomac, I am calling Tony Robbins up.
Correct whoever is giving his motivational speeches is doing more harm than good. All the while Aldon is nailing it !
3/17/2019 2:32pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Another way to combat this issue is to not give literally every post like that a thumbs up.
you know there is a way to see who downvoted a comment or post ?? for likes better go instagram
yak651
Fantasy
168th
3/17/2019 2:37pm
Ranman68 wrote:
It was just a 4th place. Not a 12th. Just a little off the pace needed to win. Same thing that has happened to the others...
It was just a 4th place. Not a 12th. Just a little off the pace needed to win. Same thing that has happened to the others more than once. Bike setup maybe a little off for the track or maybe he was just over riding a tight, slick surface. Clearly he realized a 4th was the best he could do for whatever reason, and decded to settle for that 4th instead of risking it all to get another position. I don't see whats so bizarre about it. What happened with Kenny is way more worthy of discussion. Webb getting a 3rd and making silly mistakes is just as "WTF?" as Tomac getting that 4th. As close as the top 5 are in speed and overall results this year, why is Tomac getting a 4th on a track like that so contraversial? Seems a little overboard to me.
Remember last week when he was going to win all the remaining races, let Copper get 2nd and grab the title?
OR Racer46
Fantasy
1002nd
3/17/2019 2:38pm
yak651 wrote:
Maybe he should ride with Joey more. At least he looks like he's trying on the Kawi
Remind me again were Eli and Joey are in the points standings ?
yak651
Fantasy
168th
3/17/2019 2:48pm
yak651 wrote:
Maybe he should ride with Joey more. At least he looks like he's trying on the Kawi
OR Racer46 wrote:
Remind me again were Eli and Joey are in the points standings ?
Remind me who is supposed to be the #1 on the team? Joey at times this year has been faster and more aggressive than Eli (passing Reed while Eli struggles getting around, setting fast practice, leading mains). I'm pretty sure if you polled a bunch of insiders before the season started less than 5% would've said they expect Joey to be doing as well as he is and Eli to be struggling as much as he is.
Ranman68
3/17/2019 3:07pm
Ranman68 wrote:
It was just a 4th place. Not a 12th. Just a little off the pace needed to win. Same thing that has happened to the others...
yak651 wrote:
Remember last week when he was going to win all the remaining races, let Copper get 2nd and grab the title?
No I don't. Who said that was going to happen?
yak651
Fantasy
168th
3/17/2019 3:19pm
Ranman68 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Tomac-can-win-championsh…

I especially like this from gnarwhip...

gnarwhip
Vital MX member gnarwhip

3/9/2019 10:06pm
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 10:08pm

Webb can’t, and hasn’t passed Tomac, ever. Tomac has passed Webb this season several times. Musquin can beat Webb. Roczen has passed Webb. Barcia passed and beat Webb in moto 1 two weeks ago. These are facts.
Ranman68
3/17/2019 3:22pm
Ranman68 wrote:
you know there is a way to see who downvoted a comment or post ?? for likes better go instagram
I have a good enough idea on here of where the down votes come from. I don't feel the need to find out for sure. Certain comments should be down voted and some are just down voted out of spite. Either way, I try to give honest opinions and they're never out of bias.
Ranman68
3/17/2019 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2019 3:36pm
Ranman68
3/17/2019 3:32pm
yak651 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Tomac-can-win-championship-by-2-pts,1355941?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=1 I especially like this from gnarwhip... gnarwhip Vital MX member gnarwhip Posts: 1597 Joined: 4/1/2008 Location: Los Angeles, CA USA 3/9/2019 10:06pm Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019...
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Tomac-can-win-championsh…

I especially like this from gnarwhip...

gnarwhip
Vital MX member gnarwhip

3/9/2019 10:06pm
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 10:08pm

Webb can’t, and hasn’t passed Tomac, ever. Tomac has passed Webb this season several times. Musquin can beat Webb. Roczen has passed Webb. Barcia passed and beat Webb in moto 1 two weeks ago. These are facts.
Yeah well i can't say I agree with the guy. For Tomac to win them all is highly unlikely even if it's possible. The competition is way too deep and even for that. Tomac could get a few wins and Webb could crash or some shit where Tomac wins the title
That's possible, but the 1-2 scenerio like that? No.
davistld01
3/17/2019 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2019 4:05pm
If Tomac holeshots & can put down some clean laps out front...he’s damned near impossible to run down & pass. But if he gets a bad start & has to come up from behind, he loses heart...IMO.
adamdf
3/17/2019 4:40pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
Total head case. Was catching Marv. Gets passed. Drops the anchor.
I think this is really all there is to it.
Indy mxer
3/17/2019 6:00pm
His bike looked fast and dialed at Daytona. Yeah, I know it's not pure SX. I'm just saying I don't think it's the bike.
He just doesn't turn on beast mode in SX like he does outdoors.
milliebays
3/17/2019 6:19pm
tomac needs to go race the GPs
3/17/2019 7:00pm
I don’t care what anyone says, being a Tomac fan, I think he is good on the Kawasaki, just not great. Who has looked great on that bike since Villopoto? No one. Desalle was better in the Suzuki as well.
Shaned9326
3/17/2019 8:31pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I doubt if Tomac and the other ama riders would appreciate you pretending to know what they will think, what they hope for, and what the...
I doubt if Tomac and the other ama riders would appreciate you pretending to know what they will think, what they hope for, and what the outcome will be at Hangtown IF Herlings races the ama series.
One things for sure, I could care a less about your input period!!
Crush
3/17/2019 8:36pm
Kinda feels a bit like 2016... He was pretty inconsistent that year on the new bike. Sometimes had great speed, other times didn't.

It's still a new bike. Their crew-chief just left. Wouldn't be surprised that he gets slowly better as the year rolls on.

This year isn't the same as the last couple in SX. He was always fast the last few years. Maybe after a crash he didn't have it but this year he's just flat not been there on occasion.
gnarwhip
3/17/2019 9:36pm
Dude's weird, gets smoked one weekend, next he goes out and passes everyone. Last year won 9 mains, this year seems disinterested. Probably just burnt out, like Villo when he retired super young. He's a multi-millionaire, maybe he's just over riding on the edge.
Patrick461
3/17/2019 9:58pm
I’ve seen Eli’s mechanic have to pour water on his clutch cover to take the cover off and when he does the clutch is literally smoking. This is after every time he comes off the track even a 12 minute “gang bang” triple crown. As Mathis said I believe a clutch should last longer than 12 minutes “
The guy rides hard no doubt but he’s riding the clutch like it’s a 125. Smoking clutches is why he slows down too much. And from reliable inside sources say no one can tell Eli anything it has to go through Daddy first. So no one can tell Eli to stay off the clutch so much because Daddy was a multi time SX champ... Larocco got better when daddy was excluded from his program at Suzuki per Roger D. Allesi improved when daddy got excluded from the pits. Stewart would have been better without daddy. Tomac would be better without daddy and learned how to make a clutch last longer than ten minutes
mwr
3/17/2019 10:07pm
John Tomac was a multi time SX champ? Do tell about these reliable sources of yours.
Patrick461
3/17/2019 10:11pm
I guess you missed my ... as a joke about Tomacs dad being a mx champ. He was s pedal bike champ but my reliable source told me that so dunno
Patrick461
3/17/2019 10:13pm
I know poppa and momma Larocco because she used to sign me up at the AMA SX booth So I’m obviously a newbie and just started riding last year....
Hank_Thrill
3/17/2019 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2019 10:22pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Does the 2019 have shorter wheel base ? Or is the whole bike shorter from front to back, thats what it looks like to me, im...
Does the 2019 have shorter wheel base ? Or is the whole bike shorter from front to back, thats what it looks like to me, im not sure if it is or not , but either way it seems like the 2019 is more Nimble, and the 2018 was more stable
And maybe at Tomac speed Stable is Better?
Just a thought.
Ranman68 wrote:
I've had that same observation and question myself. It's slimmer and more nimble from what test articles and shootouts say. I figured he'd be better on...
I've had that same observation and question myself. It's slimmer and more nimble from what test articles and shootouts say. I figured he'd be better on the 19'. Maybe it's not the bike. Maybe the KTM and Honda are just as improved and therefor competition is just stronger. Weird.
Same here. I was thinking they put a different swing arm on after Ralph and Ricky talked about Eli finding a new setup 3-4 weeks ago. I have no clue however, but that’s when I noticed the rear wheel looked really tucked in under the bike.
3/18/2019 2:41pm
milliebays wrote:
2020 Kawisaki - saVATgy and CiancaroolO stamp it
I duno, I can't see Willianson leaving( probably over Eli) just to see Eli leave also. What I'm trying to say (only a guess) one had...
I duno, I can't see Willianson leaving( probably over Eli) just to see Eli leave also. What I'm trying to say (only a guess) one had to go and it was Mike W. Although I want to see Eli on a KTM doubt it will happen.
deluxeman wrote:
KTM doesn’t need Eli
And I didn't say they did!

Post a reply to: What’s going on with Tomac.?

The Latest