What’s eating Adam?

reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 10:29pm
AC was my pick to win the most races and not win the title...always pulling for him but his mojo seems off, and now another crash...

Broadcast mentioned not being able to train much in the off season. I forget what his injury was...

Reminder?
|
kage173
2/20/2021 8:16pm
Nothing is different. Adam isn't good at SX. He never has been. Never won a 250 title. He only finished one 8 round sx series (and barely finished that one). Why would it be different in a 17 rd series on a bigger bike? He has speed but at a cost.
gregyou
2/20/2021 8:21pm
kage173 wrote:
Nothing is different. Adam isn't good at SX. He never has been. Never won a 250 title. He only finished one 8 round sx series (and...
Nothing is different. Adam isn't good at SX. He never has been. Never won a 250 title. He only finished one 8 round sx series (and barely finished that one). Why would it be different in a 17 rd series on a bigger bike? He has speed but at a cost.
I always as baffled when people kept saying he’s going to be a title threat etc. he never even won a 250 sx title
The9mmMans
2/20/2021 8:21pm
Yea he’s a future Tomac in my opinion! Has the speed to win titles outdoors but will probably always be chasing that supercross one like Tomac was until last year.

The Shop

kb228
2/20/2021 8:33pm
The9mmMans wrote:
Yea he’s a future Tomac in my opinion! Has the speed to win titles outdoors but will probably always be chasing that supercross one like Tomac...
Yea he’s a future Tomac in my opinion! Has the speed to win titles outdoors but will probably always be chasing that supercross one like Tomac was until last year.
AC is more of a JS than an eli. Tomac doesnt really go down to the point of ending the race
gregyou
2/20/2021 8:43pm
The9mmMans wrote:
Yea he’s a future Tomac in my opinion! Has the speed to win titles outdoors but will probably always be chasing that supercross one like Tomac...
Tomac just starts bad and has weird rides, he doesn’t crash his brains out
jk367
2/20/2021 8:55pm
Future tomac you guys say huh? Well he better just pack it in and get a real job if that’s all he’s gonna be. What a loser.
To the ops original question. He had surgery on his elbow before the season to fix some pain he was having while riding and recently pulp said he has a thigh injury that’s causing him to not be able to grip the bike. He will come around. Go get em AC
gregyou
2/20/2021 8:58pm
jk367 wrote:
Future tomac you guys say huh? Well he better just pack it in and get a real job if that’s all he’s gonna be. What a...
Future tomac you guys say huh? Well he better just pack it in and get a real job if that’s all he’s gonna be. What a loser.
To the ops original question. He had surgery on his elbow before the season to fix some pain he was having while riding and recently pulp said he has a thigh injury that’s causing him to not be able to grip the bike. He will come around. Go get em AC
His speed, fitness or any thing else aren’t the issue it’s the mistakes
The9mmMans
2/20/2021 9:05pm
Yea I agree he is prone to the big ones but he’s still young and Tomac threw away an outdoor title for sure(thunder valley) and probably at least one supercross title as well(east rutherford) when he was Adams age. Give him time. I do agree though I don’t think supercross is his strong suit. I’ll go out on a limb and say Adam wins 2 premier class titles before his career is over. Likely both outdoors.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
2/20/2021 9:09pm
jk367 wrote:
Future tomac you guys say huh? Well he better just pack it in and get a real job if that’s all he’s gonna be. What a...
gregyou wrote:
It’s the lack of fitness that’s leading to the mistakes. He didn’t have a great off season from what we have heard and is now dealing with other things.
gregyou
2/20/2021 9:11pm
jk367 wrote:
gregyou wrote:
bigk218 wrote:
It’s the lack of fitness that’s leading to the mistakes. He didn’t have a great off season from what we have heard and is now dealing...
It’s the lack of fitness that’s leading to the mistakes. He didn’t have a great off season from what we have heard and is now dealing with other things.
He’s done it his whole career so far not just this season
MyBobbym
2/20/2021 9:34pm
Yea he should quit and work 9 to 5. I mean who on here would want to race dirt bikes for a living? Uh huh...
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
2/21/2021 12:10am
The9mmMans wrote:
kb228 wrote:
AC is more of a JS than an eli. Tomac doesnt really go down to the point of ending the race
Someone might say that he finally found the... Stew...

*ba dum tsss*

I see myself out.
Crush
2/21/2021 12:31am
kage173 wrote:
Nothing is different. Adam isn't good at SX. He never has been. Never won a 250 title. He only finished one 8 round sx series (and...
Wow.
gregyou
2/21/2021 3:00am
Hes not fit. Great sprint speed, then slows, gets passed, gets sloppy, crashes.
So what was the excuse for it in the 250 class and last year ?
m121c
2/21/2021 8:05am
Multiple replies no factual or enlightening responses lol.

AC was dealing with throttle arm issues. General weakness/pain, numbness, and arm pump within laps. They thought it was a cyst they found on his wrist so they removed it after nationals. after it healed, they found out that wasn’t the problem.

Which lead him to Vail CO and seeing the same Doc Roczen had. Weeks before the season started they found out it was an issue with his ulnar nerve in his elbow being pinched. He had surgery to fix it.. but since its a nerve issue it will take time to rebuild and he only had a week to get back on the bike.

Source: AC’s interview on Pulpmx before H1.
motorscross
Fantasy
561st
2/21/2021 8:15am
m121c wrote:
Multiple replies no factual or enlightening responses lol. AC was dealing with throttle arm issues. General weakness/pain, numbness, and arm pump within laps. They thought it...
Multiple replies no factual or enlightening responses lol.

AC was dealing with throttle arm issues. General weakness/pain, numbness, and arm pump within laps. They thought it was a cyst they found on his wrist so they removed it after nationals. after it healed, they found out that wasn’t the problem.

Which lead him to Vail CO and seeing the same Doc Roczen had. Weeks before the season started they found out it was an issue with his ulnar nerve in his elbow being pinched. He had surgery to fix it.. but since its a nerve issue it will take time to rebuild and he only had a week to get back on the bike.

Source: AC’s interview on Pulpmx before H1.
Get out of here with your facts and reason, nerd.
wvumounty
2/21/2021 8:40am
Maybe it wasn’t an ulnar nerve problem. Could be something like thoracic outlet syndrome. Especially since he had his scapulas reconstructed and he has bulked up in the upper body. Nerve or vessels get pinched when arm is put in certain positions and leads to numbness that resolves at rest. Would be interesting to know if it only occurs during activity or is a problem even at rest/sleep.
ShawdowGlen
2/21/2021 10:42am
I knew he was going to go down... it's his story all to much lately. I'm sure I'll get hate for sayin it though.

plowboy
2/21/2021 10:49am
I knew he was going to go down... it's his story all to much lately. I'm sure I'll get hate for sayin it though.

But if he went down because of a chronic problem from prior injuries does that make a difference in your mind?
ShawdowGlen
2/21/2021 10:55am

plowboy wrote:
But if he went down because of a chronic problem from prior injuries does that make a difference in your mind?
Whatever the reason....my statement rings truth.

I'm not reveling in it... it sucks.
plowboy
2/21/2021 11:01am

plowboy wrote:
Whatever the reason....my statement rings truth.

I'm not reveling in it... it sucks.
You ain't wrong but I give him mad props for trying to fight through such debilitating problems. Nerve pain and numbness is usually overwhelming for most folks...much less trying to ride SX.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
2/21/2021 11:11am
I really thought he had a podium ride in him last night... Bummed to see him go down. To be fair, those whoops were sketchy, not many were blitzing and even then it wasn't all that fast. The final line seemed to be a wheelie the first, then double then quad out. Still sketchy... But it was Adam and not one of the other dozen super fast guys that went down hard and couldn't finish. I hope he's ok and still want to see him land some podiums and even a win.
jk367
2/21/2021 11:26am
^ updated on AC^ looks like broken collarbone.
Man that sucks big time
plowboy
2/21/2021 12:25pm
jk367 wrote:
^ updated on AC^ looks like broken collarbone.
Man that sucks big time
Can that be plated and be back in two weeks? Vital brain trust...you're up.
brettmx
2/21/2021 12:40pm
Watching both Tomac and AC through the whoops both bikes just seem to knock into them. There is something with the geometry that just isn't working through those sections. Who knows what the problem is but both the Kawasaki's are sketchy as hell in the whoops.
2/21/2021 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 12:58pm
He’s too tall to consistently win at the top level in Supercross. The bikes simply aren’t built for riders over 6 feet tall. Yes, you can make adjustments to make it better, but you can’t make changes to the frame dimensions and geometry like you can in the bicycle world. When he gets forward on the bike, he’s too far forward, when he gets back on the bike, he’s too far back. It’s way harder and requires more energy to stay centered and race mistake free on a bike that doesn’t fit you. There’s a reason there hasn’t been a Supercross premier class champion over 6 feet tall in the past 40 years.
newmason
2/21/2021 3:57pm
Over training, placing to much pressure on himself like he did in amateurs and probably fighting the bike a bit

Post a reply to: What’s eating Adam?

The Latest