What’s THE Most Expensive Aftermarket Part You Bought For Your Bike ? Did It Help ?

murph783
3/24/2021 5:49am
Full pro circuit Motor for my 2007 CRF250R. IIRC it was like 2-3 grand? And honestly...yeah it was worth every penny, ran like a raped ape and lasted forever. I probably ran that thing for 150 hours and never touched the valves again. That was like a weekly occurrence prior to them getting ahold of it
murph783
3/24/2021 5:52am
Looking back at it the thing was ugly as sin but I loved it.

Titan1
3/24/2021 6:16am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2021 9:38pm
I’ve honestly spent more money on myself (riding schools) than on any single part for my bike.

But for parts, it would have to be suspension or a Rekluse clutch. I’ve spent in the ball park of $1200 on both of those for a few bikes.

The rekluse helped a little...but the rising schools helped a ton! Nothing I’ve spent on riding has improved my results more than riding schools.

The Shop

Spudnut
3/24/2021 7:30pm
A pro circuit pipe and silencer. I’ve never been big on mods now that I think of it
Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
55th
3/25/2021 10:33am
Best mod I ever did to my 19 YZ 450 was replace the entire thing with a KTM
Monk
3/26/2021 11:33am
MX-Tech Natty Shock
austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
3/28/2021 4:40am
Most expensive mod I've bought for my 18' RM-Z so far has been the FMF 4.1 RCT slip on. Power gains were great, but I'm super...
Most expensive mod I've bought for my 18' RM-Z so far has been the FMF 4.1 RCT slip on. Power gains were great, but I'm super disappointed with how the blue anodized finish has held up. It's already discolored after one ride and has scratches just from roost from the rear tire
If you did it again, would you go with the stainless 4.1 or still go anodized blue?
Coughlin639
3/28/2021 10:20pm
Most expensive mod I've bought for my 18' RM-Z so far has been the FMF 4.1 RCT slip on. Power gains were great, but I'm super...
Most expensive mod I've bought for my 18' RM-Z so far has been the FMF 4.1 RCT slip on. Power gains were great, but I'm super disappointed with how the blue anodized finish has held up. It's already discolored after one ride and has scratches just from roost from the rear tire
austin_bo wrote:
If you did it again, would you go with the stainless 4.1 or still go anodized blue?
Probably would have just bought the stainless pipe. Fortunately I found this one on eBay as a "scratch and dent special" that had to small marks in the carbon tip, so I'm not as bent out of shape about it as I would be had I paid full price, but it's still frustrating
3/28/2021 11:46pm
I’ve got Works Connection Pro Pegs on the way from RMATVMC right now. Came to about $400 cad. Can’t wait to try them though. The stock ones on my YZ250 are ridiculously slim for my liking.
Crush
3/29/2021 3:52am
Ohlins on my KTM. Ridiculously good. I didn't know suspension could work like that. Literally soaked and sucked up everything.
Joe512
3/29/2021 5:53am
Full yoshimura exhaust for my CRF and if I had to do it again I'd probably just keep the stocker and my money.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
3/29/2021 10:58am
1976 XR75 - I saved my paper route money for Bassani pipe so I could go really fast.
But when you are 12 all of your money is discretionary.
Bret
3/29/2021 1:53pm
Full suspension rework for this little XR200. I weigh 230 pounds. Worth every penny.

3/29/2021 3:25pm
B-Kit From RG3 for my RMZ450. Anodized,DLC goodies.
Don’t get me wrong, they’re a great upgrade but once I got them back and the fork tube color was wrong I wasn’t happy...
Good news , After I called I found out it was the right color!
The bad news is the website was wrong and they didn’t know why it was up there advertising that color...🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
That was my last RG3 experience.🤙🏻
FeetUp
3/29/2021 4:59pm
I had a DT1 that I put "Z" plates in the swingarm, lowered the frame and then put a snake pipe on it. All said and done, I bet I had 800 dollars in it. Grinning

rucka356
3/29/2021 5:15pm
Complete wheel set for my YZ125. Just what every over weight vet rider needs. Its not about going fast anymore, its about looking good
zuk338
3/31/2021 3:53pm
Ohlins forks & shock for my old 14’ RMZ 450....... worth every penny, considering I bought them used, and sold them for close to the same I had into them.

Nairb#70
3/31/2021 3:55pm
Most I've ever spent was $49.95 plus tax on a 1 tooth larger rear sprocket. Dont you guys know that all you need is to read MXA? 1 tooth up on the rear fixes everything. Just make sure to torque your sprocket bolts.GrinningGrinningGrinning
Ted722
3/31/2021 4:05pm
Sorry guys, I'm going there. The most expensive "piece" I bought was my Wfie's endorsement. "Hey sweetie, I have something important to talk to you about. Evil . This '18 RMZ450 for $7,500 will keep me motivated / occupied for the next few years."

Response: "Phew, it sounded serious. It's not drugs or another woman. Have fun!" Cool

TeamGreen
3/31/2021 4:42pm
Ted722 wrote:
Sorry guys, I'm going there. The most expensive "piece" I bought was my Wfie's endorsement. "Hey sweetie, I have something important to talk to you about...
Sorry guys, I'm going there. The most expensive "piece" I bought was my Wfie's endorsement. "Hey sweetie, I have something important to talk to you about. Evil . This '18 RMZ450 for $7,500 will keep me motivated / occupied for the next few years."

Response: "Phew, it sounded serious. It's not drugs or another woman. Have fun!" Cool

Improper response: how much was your "JGR Factory Replica Kit" that some dude sold you for a price that pissed off others in here...well...they weren't happy when they were told that it was all sold to a guy for "a really good price"!
GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning

The back-story: I had a Yosh Ti/Carbon Factory refurb'd pipe(literally "better" than new!), Brand New Gold Wheels, used and new plastic, clutch cover and internals, billet factory engine bling...various left-over spare goodies...etc., etc. ...and becuase Ted is one of my "Bro's" from waaaaaay the fuq back in the day...well...he did OK on the deal.
Ted722
3/31/2021 4:59pm
Ted722 wrote:
Sorry guys, I'm going there. The most expensive "piece" I bought was my Wfie's endorsement. "Hey sweetie, I have something important to talk to you about...

TeamGreen wrote:
Improper response: how much was your "JGR Factory Replica Kit" that some dude sold you for a price that pissed off others in here...well...they weren't happy...
Improper response: how much was your "JGR Factory Replica Kit" that some dude sold you for a price that pissed off others in here...well...they weren't happy when they were told that it was all sold to a guy for "a really good price"!

The back-story: I had a Yosh Ti/Carbon Factory refurb'd pipe(literally "better" than new!), Brand New Gold Wheels, used and new plastic, clutch cover and internals, billet factory engine bling...various left-over spare goodies...etc., etc. ...and becuase Ted is one of my "Bro's" from waaaaaay the fuq back in the day...well...he did OK on the deal.
Well, there's that too! "Hey sweetie, my good friend Manny makes a good dessert." Smile Wifey response "Phew, I thought it was Pro-Circuit or FMF!" Woohoo
TeamGreen
3/31/2021 5:17pm
Ted722 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Improper response: how much was your "JGR Factory Replica Kit" that some dude sold you for a price that pissed off others in here...well...they weren't happy...

Ted722 wrote:
Well, there's that too! "Hey sweetie, my good friend Manny makes a good dessert." Smile Wifey response "Phew, I thought it was Pro-Circuit or FMF!" Woohoo
I've got an idea for graohics that requires all yellow plastic (no blue) and a black seat cover...
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
3/31/2021 10:52pm
Upgraded my 2005 YZ125 to SSS forks and a 2009 shock. Bought them both used.
Once dialed in it made a big difference.

Also, the Vforce4 reeds are an absolutely incredible investment for a YZ125.
The pull is amazing after the upgrade. Best $100 I've spent on the bike so far.

mxer15
4/2/2021 7:38am
Great thread, and as a long time racer I could point a few mods that worked really well. But, having worked in a bike shop I feel l should point out the other side of these which I’m sure many riders and mini Dads are guilty of but won’t confess. I have Seen more customers then I care to remember wanting this new Exhuast pipe, moto mod, or suspension that will surely help then win. Or mini dad say to me little Johnnie isn’t winning because his stock bike is slow, doesn’t handle, etc,etc. Those same people bought in every kind of bike , quad , mini all with things any backyard mechanic would l laugh at. “ oh Johnnie’s bike is so slow” meanwhile his air filter looked like a meatball. Or the oh so,so common bike handles terrible, meanwhile his tires are so bald they look like slicks. Chains so loose not sure how they stay on, suspension is so “stiff in rear “ of Course his chain is so tight His wheel can’t move though it’s whole ark. It goes on and I would always wind up telling them” read your manual” , which still stuns me how someone pays a lot of money for a machine that they put their health on the line and have absolutely no clue how it works, how to maintain, or even how to safely ride their bikes. We all have done some dumb things with our bikes , but come on
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
4/3/2021 10:41am
I bought a full Walsh/Elka kit for my YFZ450R. Cost about 10k all said and done. A-arms, subframe, caster bracket, swing arm, linkage and those sweet sweet sweet Elka long travel stage 5s.

Still riding that setup 5 years later and I still love it

Post a reply to: What’s THE Most Expensive Aftermarket Part You Bought For Your Bike ? Did It Help ?

The Latest