What riders story would make the best Blockbuster film?

1/17/2019 2:22am
I would say a movie about JS7 would be awesome because there is a lot to say ! Mcgrath would be cool too but he simply won everything in SX exept in 97 so less entertaining i think (Same for RC).

Also, a film about Roczen would be cool after the end of his career. With the dramatic injuries, the move to the states, the titles, there is a lot to say on him too.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
1/17/2019 2:39am
Only the JS7 script will be accepted.
CM_84
1/17/2019 3:08am
greenmx5 wrote:
James. Coming from nothing and dealing with racial issues all along the way. And being one of the best to ever do it, and probably the...
James. Coming from nothing and dealing with racial issues all along the way. And being one of the best to ever do it, and probably the most raw speed anyone has ever had.
GODZILLA wrote:
Read the script, and the end really sucks.
Had a kid and retired young and rich. I hope my life ends up sucking like that

The Shop

Kevin852
1/17/2019 9:27am
I would go with these two guys for the following reasons.

Doug Henry - Breaks his back and comes back and wins. Breaks both arms and comes back and wins. Competitive in other disciplines (winning in supermoto, snowcross and cross country). Get paralyzed and goes on to still compete and break barriers. Straight legend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Henry_(motocross)

John Dowd - For bucking the system and succeeding even though he did it his own way. Entered his first motocross race at 20 years old. Went on to a regional SX title, many wins in all classes he raced indoor and outdoors. And kept on racing and being competitive into his 40's. He finished on the podium in 3rd place at the 2005 Southwick 250cc National just shy of his 40th birthday, aboard a privateer Suzuki RMZ450. On August 30, 2009 at the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Southwick National at Motocross 338, John Dowd at the age of 44 rode his Kawasaki KX450 on his home track, finishing second in the 450 class Moto-2 and took 3rd overall. He also won the 2006 Endurocross championship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dowd_(motocross)
Question
1/17/2019 9:42am
deluxeman wrote:
Roger " The Man" DeCoster
It would take 5 movies !
MX-Files
1/17/2019 9:46pm
ktm 125 wrote:
brad lackey doesnt even have a documentary which is unacceptable... only a segment on any sunday 2. all the greats can be in a movie but...
brad lackey doesnt even have a documentary which is unacceptable... only a segment on any sunday 2. all the greats can be in a movie but my choice is brad lackey also. in other news they can make a german remake of citizen ken, on james stewart in vertigo, on chad reed in heat, on roger de coster in godfather, on rc in 2 stroker ace, on rc again in gone with the win, on mm in french connection, jlo in cape no fear, robbie massison in on the water the front, jarvis in rocky, davallos in city lites, herlings in almost famous and aldon baker in wizard of oz!
MX-Files Show #1. Season One, 2005 Brad Lackey plus over 3 hours on DVD. Just sayin’
MX-Files
1/17/2019 9:52pm
Some one mentioned Brad Lackey earlier and I was glad to see it. I have known Brad and Lori for years and their story is worthy of feature film. 10 years living in Europe traveling mostly as only American there, behind the iron curtain, violent nationalist fans, getting so close, almost quitting, etc. only to finally win in 1982 at age 28 when everyone thought he was over the hill. He wanted to quit many times, go home but his loving wife Lori told him to stick it out and they’ll get there...together. Great love story...with moto.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
1/17/2019 9:53pm
MXMattii wrote:
Dunno how you guys can all overlook Christophe Pourcel his story. Being world champion, signing Pro Circuit contract, getting paralyzed in one of your last WC...
Dunno how you guys can all overlook Christophe Pourcel his story. Being world champion, signing Pro Circuit contract, getting paralyzed in one of your last WC races. Mitch who calls you and tells you that if you returns to racing you will do it on a Pro Circuit and to take your time rehabbing. He returns on a motorbike 8 months after his accident but before every training he needs to put a tube in his blather, because those muscles aren't back yet. They leak riding through bumps and stuff like that. But that means a tube through your dick every time you wanna train on your bike, I've been there and I tell you it hurts like hell. But he got that drive, he wanna come back. And he does more then a year later and in Phoenix he wins his first race he enters after his accident. With his new team: Pro Circuit and in that, for him, new championship: The American SX Championship 250 East.

He wins 6 out of 8 races I think and becomes SX champ and does it again one year later. He also earns two vice 250 AMA Outdoor championship titles. He gets knocked back down when Kawasaki doesn't sign him but Jake Weimer. But after some years from trying with a own team in Europe and riding the Yamaha 250 he returns back on high level with Factory Husqvarna battling riders he used to battle in the "Lites" class. But two neck injuries are making him realize that there is more in live then motocross and supercross. He rides his last season in Canada, fights for the title and ends second due to a stupid rule that the rider himself needs to drop his bike off at the podium after a race.
I think he isnt mentioned much because hes always been low key, and lots of guys simply dont like him. Is what it is. I agree his life would make a good story
Aryen
1/17/2019 11:52pm
Jlaw. People want juicy stories.

A movie about Dungey would be snooze fest.
JMX82
1/18/2019 12:35am
roninho wrote:
Why would the story about McGrath be such a great story for a movie? The guy came, won and then kept winning everything he wanted for...
Why would the story about McGrath be such a great story for a movie? The guy came, won and then kept winning everything he wanted for a decade. Sounds like a boring movie to watch for non-mx fans. There is to little hardship and defeat and coming back from impossible to succes to make that an interesting script imo.

You have to read Jeremy's book Wide open. It wasn't always easy for Jeremy for sure. He had a lot of talent but didn't get any factory support during his amateur years unlike his rivals Emig and Bradshaw . It's true rags to riches story because his family wasn't rich either. It would make a great movie script

https://www.amazon.com/Wide-Open-Supercross-Jeremy-McGrath/dp/0060537280
JustMX
1/18/2019 3:25am
Doddy wrote:
Doug Henry......and is his story even over? He's still adding to his legendary status!
Agree,

There are so many that might not know how far he came to make it to the top, and then to do it again, and to still exhibit that same love of riding.

Watching him ride with tp199 and on Jay leno's show was just awesome.

He would be an awesome story without the unbelieveable come backs.

He might be the last, true working class hero American moto produces. No long am career, no living at a training faculty growing up. Just clawing his way up through the nesc and on to the national scene.
CrazyDog
1/18/2019 4:06am
I'm a Fan of Reed, Roczen and Stewart but as a european and older Fan of the Sport i could imagine Jean Michele Bayle. He was the first european that wins the US SX / Mx Championship and he was very talented in other Motorsports...
JAFO92
1/18/2019 5:13am
I wanna see the cinematic rags to riches story on this kid. Woohoo

ama530
1/18/2019 7:16am
David Bailey or Doug Henry. Their stories have substance and diversity. A McGrath, RC, Reed, etc... story has no substance. Go win, win, win is boring. Jason Lawrence??? That would be like watching Cheech & Chong.
2stroked
1/18/2019 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 1:12pm

Doug Henry. There is no story in the annuals of motocross that embody the perseverance and fighting spirit of man like his. There have been who have come back from injury to differing levels of success. None have come back from the type of his injuries to not only win races again, but to win a national title.

An interesting story arc within Doug Henry's career aside from his injuries and race success' was his critical role in the development of the YZ400F through racing, and winning, on a four stroke. Lance Smail tried on the KTM540 but Doug nearly created the modern four stroke era by himself. That in of its self could be its own movie.
MX-LIFE.
1/19/2019 6:27am
James Stewart..From the very beginning!! Dealing with all the racism and his dad working 100hrs a week to support the family and James racing! And Ken Roczen would make a good movie

Post a reply to: What riders story would make the best Blockbuster film?

The Latest