What really went down with Kenny and Honda?

Joey_Bridges
9/17/2022 5:22am
mbw479 wrote:
Unpopular opinion…..Ken is a high value rider capable of a win occasionally but not a championship. So, he can’t get a top dog contract on a...
Unpopular opinion…..Ken is a high value rider capable of a win occasionally but not a championship. So, he can’t get a top dog contract on a factory team, but may get a lucrative contract from someone close to the top…..
In other words, barcia's new sidekick.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣
mbw479
9/17/2022 5:25am
mbw479 wrote:
Unpopular opinion…..Ken is a high value rider capable of a win occasionally but not a championship. So, he can’t get a top dog contract on a...
Unpopular opinion…..Ken is a high value rider capable of a win occasionally but not a championship. So, he can’t get a top dog contract on a factory team, but may get a lucrative contract from someone close to the top…..
In other words, barcia's new sidekick.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣
😂 yeah man, good comparison 👍
resetjet
9/17/2022 6:28am
Very simple. It looks at this point kenny has no real competition and will win wsx title…..what is that worth both in money and ego. Hrc wants no part of wsx. He wasnt willing to give up wsx and thats it. Time will tell if that was the right move. With his health problems i believe it was.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
9/17/2022 6:38am
kb228 wrote:
My 2 cents.. As a business you can motivate your employees with pleasure or pain. One leads them on the path of doing great things and...
My 2 cents..

As a business you can motivate your employees with pleasure or pain. One leads them on the path of doing great things and happiness and the other drives them away to another company.

The entire thing is political. It does not hurt honda or the american series at all if ken races WSX. Sure it costs money to send a bike but in return you get more publicity and more gate drops in before the real supercross series starts.

This literally looks equivalent to a boyfriend who wont let his girlfriend go out with her friends. Complete nonsense.

In the end, kenny will bring more attention to a bike that isnt red and honda lost a good rider because of it. Lose lose. At this point bringing jett to the 450 is the only corrective action.
#1 Ken is still going to ride a Honda at WSX.

#2 American Honda isn’t out of line here. Why let a top guy go ride in and promote a series that will directly compete with your outdoor series next year.

The Shop

RandomUserName
Fantasy
2773rd
9/17/2022 7:03am
it's typical Kenny horseshit.

1. HE LIED, as proven by HRC's statement. WHY LIE, Kenny?
2. HE LIED about his reasons. "I want to do it for the fans" is just horseshit and everybody knows it.

The rest of his interview was him just talking about health issues and whatnot, and I trust those are legit. I assume he just wanted out at Honda and wanted cover for a story, but for unknown reasons. Why not just say "Meh, I'm done with Honda. Thanks for everything but I'm going to go another route"? Seems like it wouldn't have burned HRC, he'd tell the truth, he could still do WSX and could wait for an offer.

Another he mentioned and acknowledged was that he said odds are he can win "races, if not championships". He knows where he's at with things. But being Kenny, he probably wants insane money.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
9/17/2022 7:07am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2022 7:08am
it's typical Kenny horseshit. 1. HE LIED, as proven by HRC's statement. WHY LIE, Kenny? 2. HE LIED about his reasons. "I want to do it...
it's typical Kenny horseshit.

1. HE LIED, as proven by HRC's statement. WHY LIE, Kenny?
2. HE LIED about his reasons. "I want to do it for the fans" is just horseshit and everybody knows it.

The rest of his interview was him just talking about health issues and whatnot, and I trust those are legit. I assume he just wanted out at Honda and wanted cover for a story, but for unknown reasons. Why not just say "Meh, I'm done with Honda. Thanks for everything but I'm going to go another route"? Seems like it wouldn't have burned HRC, he'd tell the truth, he could still do WSX and could wait for an offer.

Another he mentioned and acknowledged was that he said odds are he can win "races, if not championships". He knows where he's at with things. But being Kenny, he probably wants insane money.
You guys need to come back to reality. There’s two sides to the story and both can be true.

Honda said if you race WSX no 23 contract. Kenny wants to race WSX so from there perspective they are pulling the offer (since Kenny is racing wsx)

Honda says offer is still on the table as long as you don’t race WSX. But he’s racing WSX so no offer.

This isn’t that hard folks.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
9/17/2022 7:28am
byke wrote:
"What really happened...." It's so weird how many people default to something that is the exact opposite of occam's razor. The less likely it is, or...
"What really happened...."

It's so weird how many people default to something that is the exact opposite of occam's razor. The less likely it is, or the less realistic is it, or the more conspiracy that's required, then it's definitely that. Lol.
The most simple solution is usually the best🤓
DonM
9/17/2022 10:36am
resetjet wrote:
Very simple. It looks at this point kenny has no real competition and will win wsx title…..what is that worth both in money and ego. Hrc...
Very simple. It looks at this point kenny has no real competition and will win wsx title…..what is that worth both in money and ego. Hrc wants no part of wsx. He wasnt willing to give up wsx and thats it. Time will tell if that was the right move. With his health problems i believe it was.
He's being paid $250k per round to show up...There are no win bonuses like in the US so his earnings will be his show up money plus whatever the team pays him from the purse as the WSX purse is paid to the team and not the rider...
kb228
9/17/2022 11:16am
kb228 wrote:
My 2 cents.. As a business you can motivate your employees with pleasure or pain. One leads them on the path of doing great things and...
My 2 cents..

As a business you can motivate your employees with pleasure or pain. One leads them on the path of doing great things and happiness and the other drives them away to another company.

The entire thing is political. It does not hurt honda or the american series at all if ken races WSX. Sure it costs money to send a bike but in return you get more publicity and more gate drops in before the real supercross series starts.

This literally looks equivalent to a boyfriend who wont let his girlfriend go out with her friends. Complete nonsense.

In the end, kenny will bring more attention to a bike that isnt red and honda lost a good rider because of it. Lose lose. At this point bringing jett to the 450 is the only corrective action.
soggy wrote:
#1 Ken is still going to ride a Honda at WSX. #2 American Honda isn’t out of line here. Why let a top guy go ride...

#2 American Honda isn’t out of line here. Why let a top guy go ride in and promote a series that will directly compete with your outdoor series next year.
Because its not hondas or any other OEM’s series. Its the AMA’s. And its not competing with supercross. A class professionals like kenny or tomac arent going to abandon the american series for wsx
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
9/18/2022 6:46am
kb228 wrote:
My 2 cents..

soggy wrote:
#1 Ken is still going to ride a Honda at WSX. #2 American Honda isn’t out of line here. Why let a top guy go ride...

kb228 wrote:
Because its not hondas or any other OEM’s series. Its the AMA’s. And its not competing with supercross. A class professionals like kenny or tomac arent...
Because its not hondas or any other OEM’s series. Its the AMA’s. And its not competing with supercross. A class professionals like kenny or tomac arent going to abandon the american series for wsx
The OEM’s want the best riders. If the wsx succeeds they’ll be competition to get the best riders. Why would Honda want to help build that brand by letting one of the most marketable athletes compete.
resetjet
9/18/2022 7:34am
resetjet wrote:
Very simple. It looks at this point kenny has no real competition and will win wsx title…..what is that worth both in money and ego. Hrc...
DonM wrote:
He's being paid $250k per round to show up...There are no win bonuses like in the US so his earnings will be his show up money...
He's being paid $250k per round to show up...There are no win bonuses like in the US so his earnings will be his show up money plus whatever the team pays him from the purse as the WSX purse is paid to the team and not the rider...
I would do it. Guy has plenty of money, health problems and can probably win. 250k to show up. Not too shabby.

Post a reply to: What really went down with Kenny and Honda?

The Latest