What really happened to Tomac?

motomad724
Fantasy
947th
2/18/2019 9:43am
From what i heard the rut grabbed the side knobbies and sucked him in. Blame the rut, or maybe the knobbies...Huh
Ranman68
2/18/2019 10:33am
He was clearly having a hard time matching Roczens pace. Roczen was in control and Tomac looked to be on the edge. Tomac is not as good on certain tracks. Especially if his bike set up isnt perfect. He charges into corners extra hard and pins the throttle extra early coming out. Ken is better at coming in slower and coming out more stable and hooked up. I can see why Tomac may not have had it in him to win, but to get passed by the guys he did after he fell just makes no sense. Something was definitely wrong in my opinion. Maybe something with the bike or maybe his back or something. He definitely has a history of screwing up in a clutch situation, but he wasnt in a clutch situation as its only round 7 in a 17 round series. I personally think he's struggling with an injury or bike set up. He has a history of taking forever tp get his set up right. I dont know if that's how fault or Kawasakis fault. I can't see the guy just throwing in the towel after falling over like that. Sure a win was out of reach, but a top 3-5 wasnt. He was literally allowing much slower guys to go around him and not even putting up a fight. All the way to 12th. I understand he may have been mentally deflated after falling, but I cant see him being so mentally deflated that guys like Reed and Brayton could just blast by him. No way. Even mentally deflated he knows he has obligations and is being paid big money by Kawasaki to get results. He wouldnt just say "fuck it" like that. Or at least not to that level. I could be wrong but I just don't see that. He has never won a 450 sx title and desperatly wants it. Even if he was off, he would still want to keep himself in the title hunt. I just dont see him saying "fuck it" to that degree. I truly believe something wasnt right with him or the bike. It may not even have to do with the crash. Who knows.
Ranman68
2/18/2019 10:44am
With a full 10 races left to go, unless Tomac has an injury that holds him back, I think a person would be a fool to count the guy out. Yeah he can screw up in a clutch situation and make mental mistakes, but he can also smoke everybody's ass when hes "on". Sometimes he can be "on" for several races. You never know with that guy. I aint saying that will happen and I do think he has the strongest competition ever, but still. The guy has shown he can come out and do amazing things. With 10 races left to go, hes not out of it in points by any means. He may or may not do anything great, but he's still in his prime as far as age and if he doesnt have a nagging injury....he's a threat and could find that sweet spot at any time.
Forty
2/18/2019 10:49am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 11:07am
BobPA wrote:
The championship starts at A1. All rounds pay points. The points do not reset at Daytona.
The whole series starts at Daytona and Dungey strategy thing is getting really old. People just love to take these stupid clichés and run with them...
The whole series starts at Daytona and Dungey strategy thing is getting really old. People just love to take these stupid clichés and run with them like they are a real thing. Can anyone think for themselves anymore?!
No. If I don't have another's thoughts to repeat I'm handcuffed for ideas and fearful of being wrong or contradicted.

So get used to it pal! (Sarcasm)

Although I never thought Dungey's approach was by design, I thought he was just that fuckin good. (Not Sarcasm)

The Shop

Shawn142
2/18/2019 4:08pm
Ramrod wrote:
They never showed him again in the race so we don’t know how he looked unless someone who was there live wants to say? Regardless, Webb...
They never showed him again in the race so we don’t know how he looked unless someone who was there live wants to say?

Regardless, Webb owned all those guys last night.
I watched him a little after the fall. He was clearly slower than everyone in the top 10 after the crash. Timid coming out of corners. I thought he had a front flat or something. The crash didn't look bad but it could have jacked the brake lever or other unseen damage. Everyone that got by him did it with ease.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
2/19/2019 9:23am
Lmc14 wrote:
From what saw I there was a clip of him after falling and it looked almost like his rebound in the shock was nonexistent. The shock...
From what saw I there was a clip of him after falling and it looked almost like his rebound in the shock was nonexistent. The shock wasn't even compressing only bucking just my thoughts
Ding Ding! Right when Ralph was asking RC what was wrong with the bike, I was looking closely- Tomac went into a turn and it looked...
Ding Ding!
Right when Ralph was asking RC what was wrong with the bike, I was looking closely- Tomac went into a turn and it looked like the rear end wasn't settling at all. Now that you mention it also, it makes me wonder. I really have no idea, but the back end did look weird.
I noticed both KR and ET bikes not tracking the front wheel as well as the KTMs. KR just seemed to get more in a straight line than most. Cooper and Marv seemed to be able to push on the front end, even slide a little, without losing it.
keinz
2/19/2019 9:42am
He heard the rumors that Herlings coming over for the Nationals
Bramlett321
2/19/2019 10:16am
Ranman68 wrote:
With a full 10 races left to go, unless Tomac has an injury that holds him back, I think a person would be a fool to...
With a full 10 races left to go, unless Tomac has an injury that holds him back, I think a person would be a fool to count the guy out. Yeah he can screw up in a clutch situation and make mental mistakes, but he can also smoke everybody's ass when hes "on". Sometimes he can be "on" for several races. You never know with that guy. I aint saying that will happen and I do think he has the strongest competition ever, but still. The guy has shown he can come out and do amazing things. With 10 races left to go, hes not out of it in points by any means. He may or may not do anything great, but he's still in his prime as far as age and if he doesnt have a nagging injury....he's a threat and could find that sweet spot at any time.
I think you're right dude....a good friend of ours works for Eli and I just hate seeing the guy do bad. All these guys put their heart and soul into what they do and I know it even hurts him when he's doing bad. You want to be the guy that lifts up and encourages your rider or whoever and it sucks hard when you see them struggle and there isn't a damn thing you can do. He'll get back to the old Eli .....
bama205
2/20/2019 2:59pm
SammyD wrote:
Every picture I see of Tomac at track walk he’s sat by himself. No pics of him laughing with other riders or socializing. That’s his program...
Every picture I see of Tomac at track walk he’s sat by himself. No pics of him laughing with other riders or socializing. That’s his program. There’s an aloofness like ‘I’m above all these people.’ When he is winning that works, when he’s not there’s this panic that sets in that as he realizes that’s he’s making these crazy sacrifices and yet his program isn’t producing the results, and things snowball.

What will happen in later years? Will he learn to relax and enjoy the sport and become a fan favorite in his early 30’s? No bloody chance.
Where’d you get your psych license a Kellogg’s box?
2/20/2019 5:00pm
It's nothing to with bike or setup it's his mental, he gets defeated mentally with ease, he washed-out the front and dropped like a anchor, we've seen riders like Stewart and rc catapult themselves into the ground only o get back up and set fastest laps.

It's no Tomac Vs his bike or he field it's Tomac Vs Tomac plain and simple.

Last year's MX season was very telling he almost beat himself on his own.

The way his career is going to go if nothing changes he will beat himself up to the point where he's not competitive.

Post a reply to: What really happened to Tomac?

The Latest