What really happened to Tomac?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2019 9:22 AM

I looked throughout the posts but did not see the real reason for Tomacs fade. Just looking for the facts, not all of the garbage I usually see.

|

Oldmxer95

2021 FX350, 1995 KDX200H, 1998 KX300K5, 1984 KX125C

2/17/2019 9:27 AM

If the answer isn’t in the other 3 Tomac threads why would it magically appear here? Haha

|

2/17/2019 9:28 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

If the answer isn’t in the other 3 Tomac threads why would it magically appear here? Haha

laughing laughing
|

2/17/2019 9:29 AM

He choked, plain and simple!

|

2/17/2019 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 9:36 AM

There has been no “real reason” or statement and won’t be. Look to the past for answers he has done this time and time again. When he tips over and the win is out of reach and he’s not “feeling it” he just seems to kind of mail it in. I’m a huge Tomac fan and those nights are miserable to watch cause there is no spark at all specially after finally getting the start! Now at this point a “run” may not even be enough cause he has to hope all the top guys have issues to help him out, tall order and he hasn’t shown us run potential yet. The only one that has shown run potential is already on it.....but anything is possible I guess.....

|

2/17/2019 11:11 AM

I have been a Kawasaki & Tomac fan from the beginning, but am gradually moving towards the other K brand and the #2. Last night was very impressive. With this showing now, outdoors should really be fun.

|

Oldmxer95

2021 FX350, 1995 KDX200H, 1998 KX300K5, 1984 KX125C

2/17/2019 11:12 AM

Probably back issues

|

2/17/2019 11:15 AM

uneasy_rider wrote:

Is that what he told you? I'm gonna guess that's just your opinion.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/17/2019 11:19 AM

Oldmxer95 wrote:

I have been a Kawasaki & Tomac fan from the beginning, but am gradually moving towards the other K brand and the #2. Last night was very impressive. With this showing now, outdoors should really be fun.

Tomac's bandwagon must be moving really slow if if it's that easy to jump off of.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/17/2019 11:33 AM

I always liked Tomac, ever since his first year pro. There have been some disappointments, but I was also a big Dungey fan, so anyone who's been there with me knows this frustration well (We always waited for him to pull the trigger, and we waited a lot, but in retrospect, Dungey apparently knew more than I did), I found myself rooting for Kenny last night, but damn, Cooper's charge to the front was impressive and I really wanted both to win at that point. You could say on every riders bandwagon that puts me in awe or impresses me. I don't have a favorite anymore, but I am a huge fan of damn good riding.

|

2/17/2019 11:39 AM

I’m not sure what’s going on but if he’s not far off from being a whole race down on points from Webb and that is not good. I hope whatever issues he’s having, he gets back up to winning so this series will be even better than it has been (and it’s been awesome).

|

2/17/2019 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 11:45 AM

He was either hurt or something wrong with bike. When he tipped overnight maybe it broke the shifter and he was stuck in gear because he wasn’t moving forward.

|

2/17/2019 11:49 AM

They never showed him again in the race so we don’t know how he looked unless someone who was there live wants to say?

Regardless, Webb owned all those guys last night.

|

2/17/2019 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 11:50 AM

Well all we can do is keep guessing. That would be top news in other sports but it's hush hush as usual when it comes to SX.

|

KX125

2/17/2019 11:51 AM

Oldmxer95 wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Tomac's bandwagon must be moving really slow if if it's that easy to jump off of.

That’s some funny shit right ther. Sorta like getting on and off an old London bus, get on or off at any time ?

|

2/17/2019 11:52 AM

The same thing that’s happened a dozen other times. Arguably the fmotp to a backmarker week to week or even in the same race. Time for cbd!!!

|

2/17/2019 12:05 PM

Heard the buckle on his Astars pants broke again, he had to stop every corner to pull them up. This is why he has struggled all year. You would too, you cant ride with pants that wont stay up.

|

2/17/2019 1:41 PM

Tomac is fast when he believes he is the fastest. Last night was a big blow to the ego. Unless he can get a win and rebound soon his season will unravel quickly.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

2/17/2019 1:58 PM

Maybe he is super-unhappy with bike setup and he knows that a poor finish will light a fire under the team's booty. Either that or he tweaked something trying not to crash.

|

2/17/2019 2:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 2:00 PM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

Tomac is fast when he believes he is the fastest. Last night was a big blow to the ego. Unless he can get a win and rebound soon his season will unravel quickly.

Unfortunately, I agree

|

2/17/2019 2:33 PM

All last year he was training with J-Mart until Jeremy got hurt. Maybe he needs another fast training partner. Webb has gotten pretty good at jumping through the whoops since signing with KTM and K-Roc and AC are like two peas in a pod at the races this year.

|

2/17/2019 2:37 PM

He needs to give the green machine back and go buy himself a KTM or Husky.

|

2/17/2019 3:26 PM

uneasy_rider wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Is that what he told you? I'm gonna guess that's just your opinion.

ET3 is known to have a yard sale whenever he gets passed and he Cant catch the leader. That is a fact, not opinion.

|

2/17/2019 3:34 PM

uneasy_rider wrote:

I think he just went shit not again why me , after he fell and said to himself I can’t buy a damn break. So he just rode it in and wished for the checkered flag

|

2/17/2019 3:45 PM

Speculating is easy - and fun. As long as we bear in mind that we have no idea whether or not anything we're saying is remotely close to the truth. I think he should go back to last year's bike.

|

Current rides: 2016 KTM 250SXF, 2017 KTM 350SXF

2/17/2019 3:49 PM

How many of these threads has there been about Tomac over the last few years? From the outside looking in, it seems like he just falls apart when something goes wrong. Maybe there has been a legitimate reason for it happening each and everytime, but we never hear it, and it happens that often that he does nothing to prove me wrong

|

2/17/2019 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 4:17 PM

RG1 wrote:

How many of these threads has there been about Tomac over the last few years? From the outside looking in, it seems like he just falls apart when something goes wrong. Maybe there has been a legitimate reason for it happening each and everytime, but we never hear it, and it happens that often that he does nothing to prove me wrong

I also think we compare him to riders that manage their bad nights much better.

He is just not that guy... when it goes wrong for him... it goes really wrong and it doesn’t seem like he is good at fighting to minimize damage.

I just really hope it doesn’t end up being the Webb show. The not knowing who is gonna win week after week is fun.

Back on topic... he doesn’t seem to want to reveal an injury and the team doesnt talk about mechanical issues so I wonder if we will hear anything at all.

|

2/17/2019 4:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2019 4:25 PM

something I heard from commentary on the Buster Douglas / Tyson fight - when the intimidator fails to intimidate (Roczen's unexpected pass), then he becomes the initimidated

this happens from lap to lap (or round to round, as boxing and SX are similar mentally -- not NASCAR, ahem). how much of an effect it has on the athlete only he and the Lord knows.

if Mayweather got seriously jacked with an uppercut in the upcoming Pacquiao 2 fight, he could, for the first time, lose that confidence. it happened to McGrath in San Diego 2001 (greatest SX of all time, though know one seems to see that).

contrast with Carmichael who, being challenged by Stewart, was like Rocky.

it's mental, and it changes race to race, lap to lap. it's not a quantitative thing. it's a mystery. Tomac will be back.

|

2/17/2019 4:31 PM

Last night reminded me of the early 2017 season, before kenny got hurt. The team said they found something then but thinking back.. confidence

|

2/17/2019 5:05 PM

Does anyone know how long Tomac has on his Kawi contract? Is this the last year? It would be interesting to see him on another brand.

Whether it is his bike or whatever the issue is he plain rode like a spode. I will tell you this that the KTMs look dialed in at this point. Tomac seems to be struggling with the bike and reminds me of Reed, i.e., if Reed isn't comfortable he struggles.

|

The smoothest racer to ever throw a leg over a Motocross bike ... Jean Michel Bayle.