What place does Webb get in Vegas?

Harry_Gray
5/2/2019 10:29am
My humble opinion; he'll finish somewhere between third to fifth place in the main. As others have mentioned, he'll cruise but not lay up too bad. Tomac would be wise to just go out there and try to win; and see what happens behind him. If Tomac (which will more than likely happen) not win the SX title; he ends the season strong going into the outdoors. Webb leaves w/ the SX title, but loses the final battle.
3dw4rd
5/2/2019 12:42pm
Between 7th and 11th. He'll be smart and play it safe for the sake of the whole team, after all it's their championship too. At this point there's very little to prove. Just get it in the bag.
kb228
5/2/2019 12:51pm
Webb is going to continue business as usual. Go for the win or podium if its not his night. Riding conservatively increases his chances of making a mistake - hes used to balls to the wall. Also no chance hes riding around in the back of the pack near alex rays sketchy ass

The Shop

TEL36
5/2/2019 1:45pm
6th place, right in the safe zone.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
5/2/2019 1:48pm
Webb gets the holeshot, rides hard unless someone tries to ruffle his feathers, if so he backs down and takes a podium.
Shaned9326
5/2/2019 2:13pm
At least 2nd the way the rest of the field has been riding!! Guys been riding great and other than Eli no one else seems to want to push him and he’s a racer and doesn’t like to be beat either!! Outdoors gonna be way different imo as Tomac is gonna lay smack down starting at hangtown!! Ktm should’ve let Herlings come over if they wanted to get national title IMO!!
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
5/2/2019 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2019 2:24pm
Though he has a nice little points lead, he's gonna be extra cautious this weekend I'd imagine. Someone else who probably has a ton on his mind I would think would be his wrench Carlos! I can promise you his bike will be given about a thousand "once-overs" more than usual this week....... I'd be a nervous wreck. Anything could go wrong....
kpiper
5/2/2019 2:28pm
ET and MM knock each other down and Webb takes the win after pulling the holeshot. Who would have thought he would race so hard last week even?
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/2/2019 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2019 2:48pm
dadofagun wrote:
Though he has a nice little points lead, he's gonna be extra cautious this weekend I'd imagine. Someone else who probably has a ton on his...
Though he has a nice little points lead, he's gonna be extra cautious this weekend I'd imagine. Someone else who probably has a ton on his mind I would think would be his wrench Carlos! I can promise you his bike will be given about a thousand "once-overs" more than usual this week....... I'd be a nervous wreck. Anything could go wrong....
Can you imagine??

Still, if his bike breaks that would set up a barnburner of a main event: Eli Tomac, in a must-win situation for all the marbles.
FlaNard
5/2/2019 2:53pm
Real whoops or jumpy ones? Difference between a possible win and a fifth. Haven't seen the map yet.
5/2/2019 4:22pm
Falcon wrote:
Can you imagine?? Still, if his bike breaks that would set up a barnburner of a main event: Eli Tomac, in a must-win situation for all...
Can you imagine??

Still, if his bike breaks that would set up a barnburner of a main event: Eli Tomac, in a must-win situation for all the marbles.
Eli gets "Webb's out" on the pitboard, washes it in the next corner and goes from +11 to 19th.
FlaNard
5/2/2019 4:32pm
Falcon wrote:
Can you imagine?? Still, if his bike breaks that would set up a barnburner of a main event: Eli Tomac, in a must-win situation for all...
Can you imagine??

Eli gets "Webb's out" on the pitboard, washes it in the next corner and goes from +11 to 19th.
Accurate.
bca
5/2/2019 4:58pm
dadofagun wrote:
Though he has a nice little points lead, he's gonna be extra cautious this weekend I'd imagine. Someone else who probably has a ton on his...
Falcon wrote:
Can you imagine??

then tomac who cant handle pressure would crash and throw it all away
kpiper
5/2/2019 5:39pm
bca wrote:
then tomac who cant handle pressure would crash and throw it all away
You can't know that. He has been successful in high-pressure situations during the Nationals so maybe, maybe not, just like any human.

It would create total chaos though with ALL the KTM/Husky riders trying to take him out! What an amazing scene that would create.
swtwtwtw
5/2/2019 6:01pm
Hole shot. First Place. Cruising gets one hurt.
mysterion117
5/2/2019 7:59pm
He’ll let Tomac by until Elito Mac shows up and lays it over in the whoops again
bvm111
5/2/2019 8:54pm
Webb is a racer and I would not be surprised if he took a win, if he is in position he will go for it I would think!

I’m putting my big boy panties on and saying he takes first!
Gus
5/3/2019 3:36am
Listening to a couple interviews he sounds like he wants to go for the win
5/3/2019 3:55am
Funny how so many people say he has just been lucky. Maybe the guys that fell off fell because they pushed too hard. Maybe cooper stayed on and won because he didn’t push too hard...?‍♂️

That’s not called luck.
BobKerr
5/3/2019 5:22am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2019 5:25am
I don't think he really rides any different. He doesn't have to win or even podium, so maybe he backs it down 0.5% on any sketchy obstacles, but I think he rides like he always does and finishes in the top 5, and most likely on the podium. Webb seems to do well under pressure unlike some other riders.
m121c
5/3/2019 10:12am
Shaned9326 wrote:
At least 2nd the way the rest of the field has been riding!! Guys been riding great and other than Eli no one else seems to...
At least 2nd the way the rest of the field has been riding!! Guys been riding great and other than Eli no one else seems to want to push him and he’s a racer and doesn’t like to be beat either!! Outdoors gonna be way different imo as Tomac is gonna lay smack down starting at hangtown!! Ktm should’ve let Herlings come over if they wanted to get national title IMO!!
Idk about outdoors, I think outdoors is going to be another showdown, or atleast I hope. I like that were not in a time of dominance like the RC -> JS -> RV -> RD era's.

Remember the last time we saw ET outdoors (MXdN) on the new bike was horrendous... and he was not shy to come out and say how bad the bike was, and they way this indoor season has been going with the bike I'm thinking his confidence is not all there with it or himself. Yet again.. it's freaking Eli Tomac. He could show up and beat everyone by 1:30 minutes.

Given KR figures his stuff out, he will be threat. Webb is a huge ego rider, and they all just let his ego exponentially build, he was no slouch outdoors on 250s. Marv is going to be in a must-win attitude, he may be the KTM wonderboy but failing to meet expectations time and time again would have to start having both parties question if a change is in order (plus Marv is getting "old"). Osbourne is coming on strong as of late.. and the dude is an animal outdoors. Can't believe I am saying this but Savatgy may be a surprise.. he took to the 450 way better than the other rookies so far.

I don't see Wilson, Anderson, or Barcia being up there at the start unfortunately, being that they will just be coming off from injury.

5/3/2019 11:00am
I say he's on the podium, going for the win if he can. His gap is enough that he doesn't need to take it easy. A couple riders will crash out in the first couple laps and then the title is his no matter what.

Post a reply to: What place does Webb get in Vegas?

The Latest