What on earth is up with Tomac....

sickboy3636
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2017 2:05pm
Compound the position he was in from last week with the fact that he's at his "home" track and I thought he was gonna be on another level this week. I'm stunned by this ride in Moto 1.
|
kburgie
6/3/2017 1:51pm
He just finished off a hell of a championship run where he gave more than most every weekend. He might also be behind on bike setup because of chasing supercross points for a few weeks longer than everyone else.
Gandorlf
6/3/2017 1:59pm
He got a rock lodged in his front brake at GH. Nobody can help that. But he for sure got tighter after that tip over he had earlier. I got to wonder if he hurt his leg during that crash? Maybe a dead leg? His leg did a weird nac-nac thing when he dabbed it...
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 2:05pm
kburgie wrote:
He just finished off a hell of a championship run where he gave more than most every weekend. He might also be behind on bike setup...
He just finished off a hell of a championship run where he gave more than most every weekend. He might also be behind on bike setup because of chasing supercross points for a few weeks longer than everyone else.
Touche......but he looked great in qualifying. His bike def looked out of sync through the whole Moto. Didn't seem like he was in a rhythm at any point. During qualifying he was screwing with his clickers......but he just didn't even seem like he had the fight in him during Moto 1. To fall behind Bagget and Marv, then not be able to stay in front of Barcia. He's just doesn't seem to have the mental resilience for whatever reason. I aint writing the guy off after one Moto.....but it seems like this is becoming a pattern with the guy.

The Shop

Sodipop
6/3/2017 2:06pm
kburgie wrote:
He just finished off a hell of a championship run where he gave more than most every weekend. He might also be behind on bike setup...
Touche......but he looked great in qualifying. His bike def looked out of sync through the whole Moto. Didn't seem like he was in a rhythm at...
Touche......but he looked great in qualifying. His bike def looked out of sync through the whole Moto. Didn't seem like he was in a rhythm at any point. During qualifying he was screwing with his clickers......but he just didn't even seem like he had the fight in him during Moto 1. To fall behind Bagget and Marv, then not be able to stay in front of Barcia. He's just doesn't seem to have the mental resilience for whatever reason. I aint writing the guy off after one Moto.....but it seems like this is becoming a pattern with the guy.
He didn't finish first in either qualifying which is out of character.
USMCMXer
6/3/2017 2:10pm
I still say Tomac is easily the fastest of the bunch, he just needs to figure out how to limit the damage on his bad days, as they seem too frequent to be a regular championship contender, vice multiple race winner.
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 2:11pm
Gandorlf wrote:
He got a rock lodged in his front brake at GH. Nobody can help that. But he for sure got tighter after that tip over he...
He got a rock lodged in his front brake at GH. Nobody can help that. But he for sure got tighter after that tip over he had earlier. I got to wonder if he hurt his leg during that crash? Maybe a dead leg? His leg did a weird nac-nac thing when he dabbed it...
Possibility. It didn't look like he was favoring anything....he just looked totally outta sync with the bike. During qualifying he was screwing with his clickers......the way he was bucking through the track I wonder if he went the wrong way with his set up. Def a strange Moto. Eli is the kind of guy that can almost will himself into a good ride, and being Thunder Valley I really thought he'd be able to rough his way into a podium.....but to fade back to 6th was pretty crazy. Buuuut its fixing to be a great season.
malachi177
6/3/2017 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 2:21pm
USMCMXer wrote:
I still say Tomac is easily the fastest of the bunch, he just needs to figure out how to limit the damage on his bad days...
I still say Tomac is easily the fastest of the bunch, he just needs to figure out how to limit the damage on his bad days, as they seem too frequent to be a regular championship contender, vice multiple race winner.
El Chupa is heating up....that's a scary thing for everyone including Tomac
6/3/2017 2:14pm
To me he doesn't look that comfortable on the bike, looks no better than he did last year.
USMCMXer
6/3/2017 2:19pm
USMCMXer wrote:
I still say Tomac is easily the fastest of the bunch, he just needs to figure out how to limit the damage on his bad days...
malachi177 wrote:
El Chupa is heating up....that's a scary thing for everyone including Tomac
I like this A LOT!
Gandorlf
6/3/2017 2:19pm
To me he doesn't look that comfortable on the bike, looks no better than he did last year.
Did you watch the SX season?
bama205
6/3/2017 2:28pm
Tomac is a two face

One day he's tomac, the next he is slomac
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 2:54pm
bama205 wrote:
Tomac is a two face

One day he's tomac, the next he is slomac
lol....this^. As a huge Dungey fan, I'm really enjoying all the #3 fanboys eating their words after the "Dungey being scared of facing Tomac in MX" comments.
Superdave19
6/3/2017 2:55pm
He'll be there at the end of the season- Just a bit of an off-day.

He'll bounce back.
newmann
6/3/2017 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 3:19pm
24-0, just needs to fill frame with cement, just as Reed.Smile

Dungey would have the red plate by now, correct? Asterisks and all.
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 3:40pm
newmann wrote:
24-0, just needs to fill frame with cement, just as Reed.Smile

Dungey would have the red plate by now, correct? Asterisks and all.
At this point I think we could go ahead and "crown" Dungey. Wink
Villo2fan
6/3/2017 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 3:58pm
I'm finally going to admit that Tomac is a head case. His speed is there and fitness is there. When one little thing goes wrong he implodes
sickboy3636
6/3/2017 4:00pm
Villo2fan wrote:
I'm finally going to admit that Tomac is a head case. His speed is there and fitness is there. When one little thing goes wrong he...
I'm finally going to admit that Tomac is a head case. His speed is there and fitness is there. When one little thing goes wrong he implodes
I really figured with the pedigree of his pops, that he'd be a very level headed champion.....but it really seems like he cannot keep his head in the right place. I don't doubt the dudes downright speed, but theres a whole lot more to being and maintaining championships than just hauling a$$.......ask James Stewart.
LowPsi
6/3/2017 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 4:10pm
Thunder Valley is where his career almost ended. Maybe he was just being smart.
6/3/2017 4:12pm
Villo2fan wrote:
I'm finally going to admit that Tomac is a head case. His speed is there and fitness is there. When one little thing goes wrong he...
Like I said in another thread, he's missing that something special all the Champions like Dungey, RV, Cairoli, RC and the rest of the greats have. He has all world speed, and severely lacking mental game.
6/3/2017 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 4:15pm
Big fan of Tomac, recently I've had to suck it up without a debate when my friends call him CHOMAC. I was thinking Tomac would've had something for Roczen, if he didn't get hurt.. No way! Season still young, we'll see what happens.
kiwifan
6/3/2017 4:18pm
kburgie wrote:
Funny, after SX a lot said here was he going to absolutely dominate the outdoors series....none of the reasons you mentioned why he would not dominate came up then Smile
davistld01
6/3/2017 4:20pm
I'm selling tickets for the El Chupacabra wagon...get 'em while their cheap. Cool
crowe176
6/3/2017 4:22pm
With this being his home track, it doesn't look anything like his track at home. Bet he wins Southwick though.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
6/3/2017 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 4:27pm
Ummm Tomac is being Tomac giving away one championship at a time. Seems like the usual. Why does everyone expect so much more?
AZRider
6/3/2017 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 7:12pm
Why do people get so hung up on thinking the fastest guy should win the title all the time. Remember Damon Bradshaw, Ezra Lusk, Seb Tortelli, TP199, ....The list is incredibly long.

Championship recipes have a specific set of ingredients, as do race winning recipes. They don't always read the same on the label.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
6/3/2017 4:49pm
Indoors wore him out..... blew his load big time and still fell short. Outdoors is a whole new ballgame, (which he knows very well), but he's mentally shot....
He took one hell of a toll through winter/spring, and that would get to any man..... Now he faces rougher conditions, and 3 times the work is needed. Not a huge fan of his, but the last 2 months have been trying to say the least..... bash away if you feel you must.

Post a reply to: What on earth is up with Tomac....

The Latest