What makes the MXON special for you ?

Prejump
For me it's not the winning team. What gets me excited the most is seeing who the fastest guy in each class is.

For whatever reason USA's most elite riders ride nationally all year, so MXON is the only chance we get the see a true world mx race.

Watching RC chase down Everts was truly such a buzz! Watching Everts ride around Bubba on the pegs was also amazing. That is where the magic lies for me.

Only at this race do we get the chance to see the clash of the titans.

I think it's a real shame this magic is lost on Eli. Their surely cannot be a better achievement in MX then dominating your class at MXON. IMO Eli not going is not only doing a diss service to himself, his country but also the competition in his class.

|
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
8/4/2017 7:33am
Any sporting event that brings so many nations together while letting us humans for a brief moment forget about all the horrible issues in this world and have a great time no matter the race, religion, ect, of the person standing next to you. Now throw in some dirt bikes, nation flags waving, and some air horns, you have the best sporting event in my eyes.
MudPup545
8/4/2017 8:05am
I went in 2007 @ Budds Creek. Amazing experience!! All the different cultures, lanquages, national pride....etc... All coming together for the love of MX! The entire atmosphere was incredible. I wish this race was more important to riders and fans.
mxb2
8/4/2017 8:20am
MudPup545 wrote:
I went in 2007 @ Budds Creek. Amazing experience!! All the different cultures, lanquages, national pride....etc... All coming together for the love of MX! The entire...
I went in 2007 @ Budds Creek. Amazing experience!! All the different cultures, lanquages, national pride....etc... All coming together for the love of MX! The entire atmosphere was incredible. I wish this race was more important to riders and fans.
X2
Motofinne
8/4/2017 8:26am
It's not about about who wins like you said. It's a celebration of the sport, it's about having an awesome time with people all over the world that love motocross.

That is why it is for me by far my favorite event of every year. Nothing comes close to it.

The Shop

MR. X
8/4/2017 8:47am
I like the race thread ,it's fun to be apart of the other wackos that are up at 3 AM or what ever to watch a dirtbike race.
DPR250R
8/4/2017 9:15am
It's been the most entertaining race , within each season, for the past 2 seasons in my mind for sure.

It's something I plan around now, like A1.
8/4/2017 10:16am
All of the above answers to some degree of course but for me it's mostly about watching riders who wouldn't normally even compete against each other thrown into a unique situation where they're not only racing for their home country (sometimes under immense pressure), but also a little bit for the pride of their home series.

Even if you're not there in person and can only log onto Vital for the first untelevised practice thread where lap times mean nothing etc - there's a tenseness in the air right from the off. Idk, it's just a magical race. We've really been spoilt the last few years especially with how close it's been right down to the wire, sometimes literally the last couple of laps.
8/4/2017 10:37am
To me it's having the Americans (or I should probably say AMA riders) mixed in. Without AMA guys in there, the front of the field is the same MXGP/MX2 guys I watch all the time. Good, but not special. MXoN, on the other hand, stirs up the pot in a way we can only see once a year.

RG1
8/4/2017 10:50am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 10:50am
The atmosphere. Fans coming from all over to support their nations riders, bringing flags, flares, farm yard animals, car engines in shopping trolleys, chainsaws etc.

The event just feels special, more special than any other. I just love it, I go every year. This year will be my 8th in a row and I plan to keep that run going for a long time
Mit12
8/4/2017 11:49am
For me it is all about riders doing what they do best for nothing more than pride for their country!

Post a reply to: What makes the MXON special for you ?

The Latest